Bad Snowe! Naughty! (spoiler)

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

Pahn wrote:I think snowe is by far the best developed character in S4.
Isn't he the only real developed character in the game? I found him to have much more personality and to be a bit more realistic than the others. Don't get me wrong, I loved pretty much every character in the game *kills off Aldo* but him realizing his faults and getting jealous, they are all realistic emotions that we all can relate to. I couldn't kill him because I felt sorry for him when you find him in sea, half dead. He just looked so pathetic in those ratty peasants clothes.
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

Yes. I agree that Snowe is one of the most developed character in Suiko4 despite it's crappy storyline.
Nekomancer

Post by Nekomancer »

Mikalakatov wrote:
Isn't he the only real developed character in the game? I found him to have much more personality and to be a bit more realistic than the others. Don't get me wrong, I loved pretty much every character in the game *kills off Aldo* but him realizing his faults and getting jealous, they are all realistic emotions that we all can relate to. I couldn't kill him because I felt sorry for him when you find him in sea, half dead. He just looked so pathetic in those ratty peasants clothes.
No love for Aldo hmm? Just out of curiousity why is that?

I whole heartedly agree that Snowe is by far the most realistic character in the game. He's not a hero or an ideal personified, he's human. It's very refreshing to see a character with such flaws.
As I'm sick of new topics asking for pictures, PM me if you want any okay? I have a wealth of Suikoden pics saved(5k+) I'm glad to share. Couples are fine too (regardless of gender.) Just do NOT post any more topics about it. Please. It really irks me.
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

Yeah, come to think of it, I'm changing my view on Suikoden 4 to me.
Now it's gonna be known as Lame RPG with Snowe.
Pahn

Post by Pahn »

indeed, snowe was one of the strongest elements of S4. Story wise, i feel snowe is, in many ways, more of a main character than your uninteresting hero. You see his rise and fall, the way he develops as a man. You really feel his struggle against the world around him, and against himself. Snowe is the only character I actually felt anything for in suikoden 4.
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

Nekomancer wrote:
Mikalakatov wrote:
No love for Aldo hmm? Just out of curiousity why is that?

I whole heartedly agree that Snowe is by far the most realistic character in the game. He's not a hero or an ideal personified, he's human. It's very refreshing to see a character with such flaws.
Aldo was annoying, and the way that he talked and the bath scene with Ted, *shudders at the remembering of that and the comment box letters* I just really did not like him at all.
phan wrote: indeed, snowe was one of the strongest elements of S4. Story wise, i feel snowe is, in many ways, more of a main character than your uninteresting hero. You see his rise and fall, the way he develops as a man. You really feel his struggle against the world around him, and against himself. Snowe is the only character I actually felt anything for in suikoden 4.
He was more human than the other characters, and I loved how they developed him, that is why he was #2 on my Suikoden IV's favorite character list. I didn't think that the hero was that uninteresting, it was just that they could have made the story longer than they had and given him more choices as to what you select for him to say.
Asmodeus Dark

Post by Asmodeus Dark »

Who is your #1? I love Snowe! In the way a human male can love a videogame character and it not be wierd....... Also, aldo is as bad as reinbach. I hate aldo...;... Snowe as the main character is good. I hope Lazlo dies and Snowe gets the RoP, hehe.
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

I wouldn't. Snowe wouldn't be able to initially handle it and it may even go as far as to kill him and thus rampage about again until someone controls it.
Sagiri

Re: Bad Snowe! Naughty! (spoiler)

Post by Sagiri »

I think snowe is by far the best developed character in S4. you sort of get to see his rise and fall so to speak. I've never executed him, but if it's near the end when you get him then i am absolutely positive that it is genuine. at that point he is a broken man. he literally has only the clothes on his back. So i think he is just wishing things were like they used to be, before his "downfall" so to speak.
He also has the log he's clinging to. Personally I hate Snowe. Damn Coward. The first time I played I sort of liked him until I saw him take off.
No regard for his best "friend". I don't care if he's developed, he's an idiot and nothing else.

Wait don't snipe at me yet!
I didn't say he wasn't realistic.
He is.
Though I hate to admit it.

I'm cruel. It's just the way I am.
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.
Blutiger Engel

Post by Blutiger Engel »

Wow, this is an old thread... but since someone else brought it up, I won't hesitate to add anything about my favorite character, lol.

Someone mentioned that they thought he was genuine but couldn't tell with the jealousy and what not- but isn't that genuine too? Instead of trying to cover up his insane, crazy jealousy, he lets it out for the world to see.

I executed him all 3 chanced on my second playthrough (saving first and reloading, of course), just to see what happened. I'm sick like that, killing my favorite off to see what he says... anyway, the first time he brings up the kindling, and it is a bit sad although short, I don't think a Snowe hater would think twice to reset (unless they wanted the good ending...). The second time he just says he understands and says that he was happiest as a trainee fighting alongside them. That was pretty sad, you could tell he brought it up because he was currently miserable. The third time is the funniest, when he says something along the lines of, "Must be great to be you right now!". Makes sense, though. Why would you spare him twice only to kill him when a) it was the first time he didn't attack you, b) couldn't defend himself anyway, c) had nothing left and looked so pathetic. That was certainly genuine anger, I think the whole reason he hung on to that damn log without letting himself fall into the ocean and drown is because he had hope that he would meet Lazlo again and still get the offer to join.

The only thing about him that bugs me after he changes is that he always brings up the past and dwells on it. Everyone knows things were better for him back then, but damn man, move on!
blah1017

Re:

Post by blah1017 »

Asmodeus Dark wrote:Who is your #1? I love Snowe! In the way a human male can love a videogame character and it not be wierd....... Also, aldo is as bad as reinbach. I hate aldo...;... Snowe as the main character is good. I hope Lazlo dies and Snowe gets the RoP, hehe.
I can't say anything for Aldo, but what's wrong with Reinbach? He's a great character, definitely one of my favorites in S4.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Well, Reinbach is my favourite character and Aldo is third (after Charlemagne). But, stating favourite characters does not generate discussion. So, Asmodeus Dark would you care to say why you have a giant man-crush on Snowe?
Blutiger Engel

Post by Blutiger Engel »

Oppenheimer wrote:Well, Reinbach is my favourite character and Aldo is third (after Charlemagne). But, stating favourite characters does not generate discussion. So, Asmodeus Dark would you care to say why you have a giant man-crush on Snowe?
Why wouldn't you have a giant man crush on Snowe?
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Let's see. . . because he's short sighted, overly emotional, a coward, arrogant and he looks stupid in his default rag uniform when you recruit him and getting his "hot" outfits require very boring fishing.

Also the plot just about forgets about him a third of the way through, so you could also just not like him via forgetting he ever existed.
Blutiger Engel

Post by Blutiger Engel »

Oppenheimer wrote:Let's see. . . because he's short sighted, overly emotional, a coward, arrogant and he looks stupid in his default rag uniform when you recruit him and getting his "hot" outfits require very boring fishing.

Also the plot just about forgets about him a third of the way through, so you could also just not like him via forgetting he ever existed.
Well, that's all true, but doesn't make me like him any less. I got 2 of his outfits first try anyway, so that wasn't a big deal. Unfortunately it was the bondage pirate one that took an hour- well worth it, I just read a book.

The plot wasn't any fault of his, it's just a bad plot :/