Relationships between Suikoden IV Characters *slight spoiler

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Rune Traverse

Relationships between Suikoden IV Characters *slight spoiler

Post by Rune Traverse »

Did anyone else think Katarina and Glen might have made a cute couple? I started playing before I knew Katarina was his daughter, and I seriously thought she was in love with him and just couldn't show it. And there seemed like there was something between Flare and the Hero, too - especially when she leaves the little comment box note that maybe they should go look at the stars together. Considering that they're brother and sister, (I know Konami hasn't said it officially, but look at the evidence. Besides, if you watch the eye colors, they both have exactly the same shade of eyes) isn't it just slightly creepy?

What is it with the romantic-seeming relationships between family members?[/spoiler]
Potch is good. Lots of potch means equipment upgrades! ^^

Best question ever - Zwieg to Vicki, Suikoden V:
"How can you not know what country you're in?"

Oh, there are SO many reasons, Zwieg. *snerk*
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

I don't think this is the appropriate spot for a thread such as this. I'm not sure if this should go in the questions or theory section to be honest.
I hope everything is going delicious.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

I think its the right spot..I mean the author is talking about character relationships,not sure if there is a current thread about this though

anyway,I really dont think flare was interested in Lazlo or vice versa, katarina always treated glen specially and like you, I originally believed she was in love with him..and guess what..she was! hes her dad! and she actually knew this, it was no surprise to her.. but did glen know? I forgot
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

No he didn't. She said in her confession that she planned to tell him but hadn't found the right moment to do so. The did make it look like that it was a romantic relationship between them though. Especially after Lazlo gets exhiled, one of the sailors offers his condolences to her and she says something like " 'My sympathies'. Oh, how could anyone possibly know how I'm feeling inside." which to me sounds like a romantic thingy. But that's Konami for you, always misunderstood relationships. lol
Last edited by Chris_Lightfellow on Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Moonbay

Re: Relationships between Suikoden IV Characters *slight spo

Post by Moonbay »

Rune Traverse wrote:Did anyone else think Katarina and Glen might have made a cute couple? I started playing before I knew Katarina was his daughter, and I seriously thought she was in love with him and just couldn't show it. And there seemed like there was something between Flare and the Hero, too - especially when she leaves the little comment box note that maybe they should go look at the stars together. Considering that they're brother and sister, (I know Konami hasn't said it officially, but look at the evidence. Besides, if you watch the eye colors, they both have exactly the same shade of eyes) isn't it just slightly creepy?

What is it with the romantic-seeming relationships between family members?[/spoiler]
As for Flare and Lazlo--They didn't know about the possible family relationship, so from that POV it wouldn't be too bad. Flare felt "something" towards Lazlo, but probably wasn't sure what it was. How many times have we seen on TV or in Games: "I'm so comfortable around you. I can be myself." And it turns out the people are related?
Playing Suikoden III......
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

if Lazlo turns out to be Lino's son, then Flare's his sister and a hot sister at that!
Strategy is the key to victory!
The_Face_of_Death

Post by The_Face_of_Death »

Towards the end, Lino tells Lazlo a story and it makes it quite obvious that he's his son.
MY SWORD STILL THIRSTS FOR BLOOD!!!!!!!!
Sigurd
Location: Suikoden IV is the best ever Suikoden - Tactics is the worst.

Post by Sigurd »

Katarina is Glen's daughter? Where do you find that out?

As for the Hero and Lino/Flare thing... I can't understand why Lino would not realise that Hero (Zuzharn) is his son... I never understood why Hero was on a boat, only to be later taken aboard (special ending).
Belle

Post by Belle »

Sigurd wrote:Katarina is Glen's daughter? Where do you find that out?
She says it in the confession room.
Iku

Post by Iku »

i thought that they were husband and wife :shock:
oh my!!!
Eeeeep!!
i knew she was younger then him but i presumed they were both about thirty!
'Believed the evidence of your own eyes, did ya? In a place like this?' Granny Weatherwax
Sigurd
Location: Suikoden IV is the best ever Suikoden - Tactics is the worst.

Post by Sigurd »

Iku wrote:i thought that they were husband and wife :shock:
oh my!!!
Eeeeep!!
i knew she was younger then him but i presumed they were both about thirty!
Thirty? Umm... Katarina looks like she is in her 20s. As for Glen, I'd say 40s.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Katarina is exactly 30 years old during Suikoden IV. I forgot Glen's age, but it's around here somewhere.
I hope everything is going delicious.
King_Barbossa

eww

Post by King_Barbossa »

what if Flare and Hero IV married.....and had kids lol.....that would be an unfortunant end to the game....
Suikoden 2= 120$
Suikoden 1= 75$

Getting ripped off= priceless........in a sense....
YouKnowYouGeddoe

Post by YouKnowYouGeddoe »

I really think the Suikosource forums need an "Incest Questions (Suikoden IV)" subcategory. This would facilitate the inevitable discussion of whether Yuber and Pesmerga were absent from the game due to inbreeding.

Personally, I think that must have been the reason.
We conjugate verbs and constipate nerds like you.
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

Belle wrote:
Sigurd wrote:Katarina is Glen's daughter? Where do you find that out?
She says it in the confession room.

That's the beauty of the confession room.

You don't find out--unless you use that room.

Konami set it up that way so if you don't use the room, you think Katarina was the victim of unrequited love. :)
Playing Suikoden III......