Hellion?

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Eikei

Hellion?

Post by Eikei »

At the conclusion of Suikoden I, it says that Hellion took over as Seer for Leknaat. What?!?!? Leknaat still remains the seer in all of the following games (II/III). Does anyone find this remotely odd? Or am I missing something?
The definition of amateur is one who is motivated by love, rather than money.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Leeknat renounced her position as Seer of the Scarlet Moon Empire. After the war, Hellion took that position. This does not mean that Leeknat no longer has her abilities, it simply means she's no longer in the service of SME/TR.
I hope everything is going delicious.
aydas_arrow

Post by aydas_arrow »

leknaat still kept her 'role' as the keeper of the balence, which is how she appeared in the other games, not as a seer
break that tree and i'll break your legs!

No one harms the forest and gets away with it!!
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Since Leknaat really was only involved with the SME in order to keep an eye on her sister Windy (and arguably the Soul Eater) it makes total sense that she decided to leave after all that was resolved. I'm sure she's a busy woman, she doesn't have time to be looking at stars for a bunch of aristocrats.
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

Oppenheimer wrote:Since Leknaat really was only involved with the SME in order to keep an eye on her sister Windy (and arguably the Soul Eater) it makes total sense that she decided to leave after all that was resolved. I'm sure she's a busy woman, she doesn't have time to be looking at stars for a bunch of aristocrats.
I love how you phrased that! LOL

But, Oppenheimer's right. Once the affair with the Soul Eater and Windy was concluded--Leknaat was free to focus on the world as a whole.

She appears in Suikoden IV simply because the Soul Eater isn't around to cause havoc.

Yet, once Ted and the Soul Eater re-enter the world--she had to be careful.

You know, I think people became confused because Leknaat still lived on her island. That was her home--she wasn't going to leave it. She just went back to her old job.
Playing Suikoden III......
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Once the affair with the Soul Eater and Windy was concluded--Leknaat was free to focus on the world as a whole.
since weve seen leknaat get involved with the true runes and help tenkai stars out before suikoden 1{suikoden 4} its obvious that leknaat's primary focus are the true runes and fulfilling destiny's plan, windy posed no threat to her agenda and so we can see that leknaat always puts the true runes and destiny first
She appears in Suikoden IV simply because the Soul Eater isn't around to cause havoc.
nooooooo she appears in suikoden 4 because Lazlo was meant to have the rune of punishment and she made sure he got it,the soul eater was not a concern to leknaat at this time,although she does make sure the fog ship captain cant lay any claim to the true runes, so I guess she had to make sure the soul eater was with Ted
Yet, once Ted and the Soul Eater re-enter the world--she had to be careful.
im sure leknaat thought the soul eater was with the right man{Ted}until the young master of toran would bear it,so she left it alone in suikoden 4, but during suikoden 1 the problem was with windy,leknaat learned windy wanted the soul eater and thats when she decided to set up connections to scarlet moon empire,leknaat knew teds destiny as well as the destiny of the soul eater but she had to make sure windy couldnt interfere with destiny, and so really the only 1 she had to be careful of was windy

You know, I think people became confused because Leknaat still lived on her island. That was her home--she wasn't going to leave it. She just went back to her old job.
yeah,leknaats lived on that island for a long time but I dont think she considers that her home,most likely its just a good location for her because of some magical purpose or secret that were not aware of,leknaat dosent live a quiet life,her concerns are the true runes,not sitting down and having a cup of tea in a home like envirement,she bassically has no life and leknaat's "job" with the Scarlet Moon Empire was just a way for her to observe babarosa and windy,once babarosa and windy dissapeared she left that job,she never went back to it
Night

Post by Night »

nooooooo she appears in suikoden 4 because Lazlo was meant to have the rune of punishment and she made sure he got it,
Hmm, perhaps you can explain this bit to me? When I played Suikoden IV, Leknaat didn't appear until after Lazlo had received the rune. She gave him some guidance on it (perhaps forseeing that he would be a suitable bearer) but she played absolutely zero role in making sure he got it.
so she left it alone in suikoden 4, but during suikoden 1 the problem was with windy,leknaat learned windy wanted the soul eater and thats when she decided to set up connections to scarlet moon empire
Well for starters, we don't know when Leknaat set up connections with SME but it was almost certainly a long time before Suikoden I. For starters, you forget that the only reason Ted appeared in Suikoden IV was because his village had already been destroyed by Windy and co looking for the Souleater. Are you suggesting that it took Leknaat roughly 400 years (I think that was the time gap) to realise that one of the runes was coveted by her sister. Not to mention that the rune was only in danger when Ted actually used it in front of Windy's men, and that he (and the Souleater) had lived perfectly safely under Windy's rule for years.
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

son_michael wrote:windy posed no threat to her agenda and so we can see that leknaat always puts the true runes and destiny first
----she had to make sure windy couldnt interfere with destiny, and so really the only 1 she had to be careful of was windy
Umm aren't these two conflicting arguments? First you say that Windy was not worth Leknaat's attention. Then you say Windy was Leknaat's primary concern.
son_michael wrote:nooooooo she appears in suikoden 4 because Lazlo was meant to have the rune of punishment and she made sure he got it,the soul eater was not a concern to leknaat at this time,although she does make sure the fog ship captain cant lay any claim to the true runes, so I guess she had to make sure the soul eater was with Ted
I think you countermanded your own argument in this paragraph. I believe Leknaat was concerned about the soul eater, hence her interference during the battle between the fog ship captain and Ted.
Night wrote:Hmm, perhaps you can explain this bit to me? She gave him some guidance on it but she played absolutely zero role in making sure he got it.
She doesn't always have to interfere to make the rune bearers receive their runes, that's "destiny"'s job. She just makes sure nothing else interfers with destiny. In every case she didn't hand over the true runes to their bearers, she only sometimes appeared to explain how it all works or give warning to them (Ted gave Tir his rune, Jowy and Riou ran into the cave of their own free will, elemental rune bearers had nothing to do with Leknaat, the rune of punishment switches bearers like crazy on its own).
Night wrote:Well for starters, we don't know when Leknaat set up connections with SME but it was almost certainly a long time before Suikoden I.
I was under the impression that Leknaat set up connections with the SME the same time Windy got involved with them.

How do you know that she was involved with the SME for such a long time, is the length of her position as seer mentioned in Suikoden I? We know she was at least away from her "duties" as seer during Suikoden IV's timeline. If she was working with the SME for hundreds of years, I'm sure she was only doing a half assed job, and concentrating more on her executer of balance role, but just keeping her hand in as seer so that when the Soul Eater and Windy resurfaced she'd be in a position to deal with them.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

son_michael wrote:windy posed no threat to her agenda and so we can see that leknaat always puts the true runes and destiny first
----she had to make sure windy couldnt interfere with destiny, and so really the only 1 she had to be careful of was windy

oppenheimer wrote:Umm aren't these two conflicting arguments? First you say that Windy was not worth Leknaat's attention. Then you say Windy was Leknaat's primary concern.
oppenheimer...those argument dont conflict, because I said leknaats primary concern were the true runes, then I was commenting on what the previous poster said{about leknaat having to worry about ted and soul eater} and instead I said leknaat would have to worry about windy BECAUSE windy was endangering the destiny of the soul eater,but otherwise windy wasnt her concern...your really twisted my words there
son_michael wrote:nooooooo she appears in suikoden 4 because Lazlo was meant to have the rune of punishment and she made sure he got it,the soul eater was not a concern to leknaat at this time,although she does make sure the fog ship captain cant lay any claim to the true runes, so I guess she had to make sure the soul eater was with Ted
oppenheimer wrote:I think you countermanded your own argument in this paragraph. I believe Leknaat was concerned about the soul eater, hence her interference during the battle between the fog ship captain and Ted.

yea your right, I countered myself-_-
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

son_michael wrote: I said leknaats primary concern were the true runes,---and instead I said leknaat would have to worry about windy BECAUSE windy was endangering the destiny of the soul eater,
Yes I agree, Leknaat is very concerned about the runes. Windy's whole purpose was to take the soul eater, so Leknaat was concerned about the true rune when dealing with Windy.

But, I still believe that Leknaat cared about Windy for personal reasons that didn't have anything to do with the soul eater: such as that she's her sister, and that she had half of the gate rune. I think that if Windy wasn't going after the soul eater and was just messing around with politics in the SME Leknaat would still be keeping an eye on her because she's her "evil sister".
Night

Post by Night »

Oppenheimer wrote:I was under the impression that Leknaat set up connections with the SME the same time Windy got involved with them.

How do you know that she was involved with the SME for such a long time, is the length of her position as seer mentioned in Suikoden I?
Heh, how embarassing. I should really think things through before I type them! You're right, I don't think it was ever mentioned how long Leknaat had been the seer for the SME. I'd assumed that Windy had been there for ages, when of course she hadn't.
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

Night wrote: Are you suggesting that it took Leknaat roughly 400 years (I think that was the time gap) to realise that one of the runes was coveted by her sister.
It was 150 years.
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

Yuki Tenkai wrote:
Night wrote: Are you suggesting that it took Leknaat roughly 400 years (I think that was the time gap) to realise that one of the runes was coveted by her sister.
It was 150 years.
I think he's referring to the whole time from the Destruction of Ted's Village to the time of Suikoden 1.

So, actually 300 years would be more accurate.
Playing Suikoden III......