What happened between Zepon and Yuber before Suikoden III?

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
future_suikoden_writer

Post by future_suikoden_writer »

maybe zepon and geddoe help pesmerga to find yuber or geddoe and zepon team up to kick yuber's ass...thats my hypothesis because yuber killed zepon and he's the one who fights with geddoe for the TLR..maybe yuber wants revenge..
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Yuber is not likely someone who is motivated by revenge. You have to remember that Yuber has been around for ages and hates the petty emotions that drive humans. Yuber's reasons for wanting Zepon dead is probably quite a bit more significant than petty revenge. You don't live for over 800 years and then waste your time killing someone just because they wronged you. Zepon probably did something to Yuber that affected Yuber dearly for Zepon to stick out and make Yuber want to take personal action against him.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

We know that Yuber has been around for 800 years?

Judging from how he talks about the Bright Shield Rune, he's not above emotions like revenge.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

We don't know what Yuber's motives are behind the Bright Shield Rune, so it would be quite faulty to belive that it has to do with revenge. And the 800 years was an exaggeration on my part. It was to express a point that petty revenge is not really that great of a motive for a being that has been around for such a long time.

It would have had to be something bigger than simple revenge. Yuber has never showed an appetite for petty qualms. There may have been a grudge between the two, but there has to be more to the matter than simple revenge.
future_suikoden_writer

[quote]demon eye: Zepon probably did something to Yuber that affected Yuber dearly for Zepon to stick out and make Yuber want to take personal action against him.[/quote]

if thats what happen you can call it a revenge right?

maybe zepon is true rune holder also and yuber wants to take it but zepon pass the rune to other, and thats why geddoe and zepon have an "unseen" conversation because geddoe wants to warn zepon or want to talk about the rune...
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

That may be true, but doesn't seem likely. I believe that Yuber wanted some information from Zepon. Yuber said they had an old score to settle. For, Yuber to hold onto something and say a thing like that it just seems to be more than simple payback. Yuber has been around for ages and thrives on chaos. Killing a person means nothing to Yuber, but Yuber took some pleasure, no, Yuber had to deal with Zepon. Revenge is a great motivator, but Yuber seems to hate seeming weak and fragile like a human. To be so passionate and need to kill Zepon, just seems to point to more than revenge as a driving force.
bloggs24

Post by bloggs24 »

ive never heard of this zepoe guy, cos i havent played S3, but geez, it sounds like yubers taken more intrest in killing this guy more then pesmerga, he doesnt even mention pesmerga and he's mroe interested in zeppoe, sound strange...
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

bloggs24 wrote:ive never heard of this zepoe guy, cos i havent played S3, but geez, it sounds like yubers taken more intrest in killing this guy more then pesmerga, he doesnt even mention pesmerga and he's mroe interested in zeppoe, sound strange...
Yuber has never actually shown interest in killing Pesmerga or even facing him.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Wraith wrote:Yuber has never actually shown interest in killing Pesmerga or even facing him.

hell yubers never even MENTIONED pesmerga, the only reason we know there gonna have a huge climatic battle is because murayama said so and now recently kawano also said that pesmerga and yuber will return.
Suikoden 1 novel had a huge fight between them and in suikoden 3 yuber had the same sword as pesmerga, those are the only connections pesmerga and yuber have other then pesmerga constantly talking about finding him

Im of the oppinion that zepon and yuber fought a while ago and yuber wanted some payback{yuber even mentions that he has a score to settle with zepon, I think...},yuber isn't above revenge IMO and even if he was he had to kill zepon anyway so he could frame the zexen knights
future_suikoden_writer

Yuber has never actually shown interest in killing Pesmerga or even facing him.
thus,yuber is runs away to avoid pesmerga..maybe pesmera is really powerful or pesmerga is the one who knows the weakness(es) of yuber.
bloggs24

Post by bloggs24 »

i believe pesmerga is much more powerful then yuber, this zeppoe guy, prob just done somthing to annoy yuber, and yuber still hasnt gotten over it
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Yuber has never ran away to avoid Pesmerga. They had one interaction with each other and the result was inconclusive. There is no evidence that Yuber is weaker than Pesmerga or that Yuber is scared of Pesmerga.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Let's stay on topic here, I don't want this becoming yet another Pes-Yuber topic, this is about Zepon-Yuber and possibly Geddoe.
Sickpup

Post by Sickpup »

I always thought Zeppon was going to be something more then he was. It was so odd that they never showed his face, and then he was such a minor character.

And yeah, I believe Geddoe knew Zepon because they were both original members of the Fire Bringer. And Geddoe just seemed to know everyone and everything. When he just randomly states "My opponent is no other then Borus..." I was like "wow, smart guy." Most characters dont know who anyone is ever.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

YOu must note that unlike Yuber we do not know if Pesmerga is a 'Demon'. he might as well be a Human.