What happened between Zepon and Yuber before Suikoden III?

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Basel

What happened between Zepon and Yuber before Suikoden III?

Post by Basel »

What happened between Zepon and Yuber before the envents of Suikoden III take place? During Luc chapters, Yuber mentions that he has an old score to settle with Chief Zepon.
"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I don't know the answer but I'd like to add to that question if you don't mind, Basel. Geddoe also seems to have a connection to Zepon. Do we know specifically what that is either?
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

Something happened possibly in the first FC war I would think. Geddoe probably knew Zepon during that time and Yuber might have been summoned or used in that time as well.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Although Zepon and Geddoe might've met somewhere else, they more than likely met during the First Fire Bringer War.

With Yuber and Zepon, it simply isn't known. I personally think they met during the First Fire Bringer War also; Yuber fighting for Harmonia, for whatever reason.
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

Jowy Atreides wrote:Although Zepon and Geddoe might've met somewhere else, they more than likely met during the First Fire Bringer War.

With Yuber and Zepon, it simply isn't known. I personally think they met during the First Fire Bringer War also; Yuber fighting for Harmonia, for whatever reason.
We know the reason Yuber fights--he likes chaos. And Harmonia likes to bring about chaos.

But is it me--or does Yuber not like to be betrayed or left behind when things get tough? Yet--he sees no problem in doing that to others?
Playing Suikoden III......
Basel

Post by Basel »

Moonbay wrote: We know the reason Yuber fights--he likes chaos. And Harmonia likes to bring about chaos.
Well, that is true for Yuber but it is not the case with Harmonia. I don't know that much about Harmonia but from what I've read no one knows the real intentions behind the wars that Harmonia started.
"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

actually basel,the reason harmonia starts wars is simple, they want all of the 27 true runes and they will do anything to get them
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

I thought Harmonia wanted to bring Order and hence Luc's rant about too much order bringing stagnation.
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

Basel wrote:
Moonbay wrote: We know the reason Yuber fights--he likes chaos. And Harmonia likes to bring about chaos.
Well, that is true for Yuber but it is not the case with Harmonia. I don't know that much about Harmonia but from what I've read no one knows the real intentions behind the wars that Harmonia started.
Any war is chaos.
Playing Suikoden III......
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

Jowy Atreides wrote:Although Zepon and Geddoe might've met somewhere else, they more than likely met during the First Fire Bringer War.

Why would Yuber all of a sudden be working for Harmonia? He was still working for Windy. The First Fire Bringer War was before the Gate Rune War.
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Clearly, I don't know the answer to the question. I would've just said "Yuber fought for Harmonia for _____ reason." if I had known. It fits with his fued with Zepon, so I mentioned it. Windy seems to have searched all over the place for the Soul Eater, so it wouldn't be very smart of her to not search within Harmonia, a place she knows is searching for True Runes.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

It wouldn't be very wise for Windy to go through Harmonia with their methodical slaughter of her clan and all. I think they would have done a number of things to her if they caught whiff of her in Harmonian territory. I mean, they picked up on Sarah's abilities right away and I believe that Windy was quite a bit more powerful than her and really did not choose to hide her abilities and could not do it that well anyway.

But, she did manage to destroy an entire Lycanthrope clan near that area so it is very possible. Besides, Yuber was not always around Windy, Yuber probably only served her when she needed Yuber. It is quite obvious that Yuber had some issues with Zepon, but it does not necessarily have to have anything to do with Harmonia. Yuber seemed to have paraded around the Grasslands for quite awhile. But, I do like the idea of Yuber working for Harmonia. Yuber does seem to always be on their side in every war.
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

Well if Yuber has a score to settle with Zepon then I guess we could make an assumption that Zepon stopped, harmed or hindered him in some way. Yuber definatly doesn't like being defeated in battle and is quite arrogant about his abilities.

It could also be possible that Zepon helped Pesmerga in some way, though what is anybodies guess.
The_Face_of_Death

Post by The_Face_of_Death »

Geddoe works as a mercenary for Harmonia, and has been involved in a lot. He mentions, in his chapters that he has at least some connection with every place he visits, and Yuber just hates basically everybody; obviously something happened, but I don't think there are any clues to figure out the deal between him and Zepon.
MY SWORD STILL THIRSTS FOR BLOOD!!!!!!!!
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

Zepon was definitely in the first fire bringer war. (probably confirmed in the game somewhere)

So thus Zepon probably kicked Yuber's ass back then. But Zepon became old and with Yuber's immortality from the True rune, the eventual demise started the second firebringer war.
Strategy is the key to victory!