What happened between Zepon and Yuber before Suikoden III?

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Geddoe called yuber a demon

yuber is deffinetley a demon, dont forget he has to be summoned from a world where monsters are summoned
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

son_michael wrote:Geddoe called yuber a demon
I don't think anyone is disputing that. Wraith was saying that Pesmerga might not be a demon, not that Yuber wasn't.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Let's also not forget that we don't know Yuber's race or what this 'summoning' entails, nor where he is summoned from.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Oppenheimer wrote:I don't think anyone is disputing that. Wraith was saying that Pesmerga might not be a demon, not that Yuber wasn't.
my mistake, I thought he said yuber wasn't a demon
Last edited by son_michael on Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Futch02

Post by Futch02 »

Well, just because somebody calls you something, doesn't necessarily mean it's the truth. Calling him a demon could also simply be a slight against his character and morals. He does have an inhuman love for the fight. We're not sure exactly what Yuber is/was or whatever. That will be a tale for another day, or so we hope.
kcana

Post by kcana »

Yeah, I wonder too... Both Zepon and Yuber are mysterious.
future_suikoden_writer

Post by future_suikoden_writer »

hmm,i think i read something that yuber came from the world of emptiness..
jbd86es

Re: What happened between Zepon and Yuber before Suikoden III?

Post by jbd86es »

People wonder why Yuber has never mentioned Pesmerga. Only in Suikoden 3, do we see more of Yuber, especially in Luc's story. This is when the villains briefly mention Zepon and Yuber makes his remark. If Pesmerga had been in Suikoden 3, and Luc told Yuber "Yuber, go kill Pesmerga", I am sure Yuber would have mentioned him as well. It's just a fact that with Yuber and Pesmerga in the same story, we don't see much of Yuber; that's all.

As for Zepon and Yuber: Isn't Zepon some type of fortune-teller in addition to being a the Lizard Clan Chief? Maybe he divined something about Yuber or predicted something that led to Yuber's defeat. Also, Zepon may have kicked Yuber's ass many years ago whether in the First Fire Bringer War or not. Remember when you have the chance to beat the Hell out of Yuber in the Ancient Highway? Hugo didn't beat Yuber alone, but he was the star of the battle and is likely one of the only people standing after. Zepon could have done the same. Salome mentions that the Lizards have many, many underground roads. Zepon and his squad of Lizard fighters could have been wandering around in a tunnel infested with monsters when Yuber drew his weapon, called them maggots, and demanded a battle (Lizards aren't that hard to draw into battle), and Zepon may have been the last one standing.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

in the Suikoden I novels, Pesmerga and Yuber do meet and duel to a draw during or after the final 'war' battle.
future_suikoden_writer

Post by future_suikoden_writer »

they are their nemesis
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

This seems to me like taking a small statement and blowing it out of proportion. its established that Yuber has lived for hundreds of years, and has traveled extensively. More than likely there is someone in just about every land that has done something to Yuber that he wasnt all to pleased with and thus he has a score to settle. A score to settle could be something unimportant like spilling egg on his shiny black shoe, or blowing cigarettes smoke in his face. Yuber seems to me to be rather self intense, and not all to outspoken. He's not going to allow his past to be known. So it was probably just a statement in passing "Oh yeah, i knew that guy, so i'll have no trouble killing him." Yuber doesnt really seem to value human life.

As for a statement made earlier stating Yuber's love for chaos as a motivating factor to work for Harmonia, i disagree, if you look at the knowledge we have about harmonia's social, military, and religious structure you should note they represent an extreme amount of order, even to the point of numbering people and placing them into ranks to decide their value. Also the Circle Rune is supposed to be a representation of continuity and order.
Masamune.

Post by Masamune. »

Nevermind what we don't know, but what DO we know about Yuber?

I'd like some clarity on him and Pesmerga sooner or later. The mysterious stranger angle runs a little dry after multiple games.