Jillia Blight- Not so Innocent?

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
aydas_arrow

Jillia Blight- Not so Innocent?

Post by aydas_arrow »

my first topic, so be nice :D .

After along days work i thought of this:

Jillia is a survivor, she has to be with a brother like Luca, the only reason he didnt kill her was her looks.but what if having a brother like Luca would warpone alittle bit?

she always manages to land on her feet, we know she is an acomplished lier, Rowd when riou and Jowy are playing spies.

now to the crux. She marries jowy knowing that he killed her farther, why would she do this unless she had an agenda? Jowy was gaining power fast and she knew he would take control if/when Luca died.

She homes in on his one weakness Pilika, makes her feel safe and befreinds her making Jowy trust her, she says she loves him.

In the mean time Jowy fakes sacraicing Jillia to the beast rune(she survives again) and now she is belived to be dead she can make her escape and finally be free of Highland, using Pilika as an excuse she flees.

now the next bit is purely speculation:
i think she may have played a part in the higheast rebellion. (im not sure on the details of this yet, but once i do i'll post
break that tree and i'll break your legs!

No one harms the forest and gets away with it!!
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

LOL. I would love to see how you tie Jillia to the Higheast Rebellion. lol.

As for what you have here, it's interesting. Jillia surely isn't innocent. She has to atone for the sins of her family and her brother, but certainly we cannot tie Jillia into the likes of the rest of the Blights. It was clear that Jillia had no intentions to kill her brother and she seemed obviously oblivious to the plans that Luca had for their father.

As for her being an accomplished liar...umm, one white lie, which she used to protect two young teenage boys escape the wrath of her obviously less than sane brother seems to me quite far from sinister in nature. She was clearly trying to avoid having her brother inact anymore useless violence.

As for Pilika, Jowy pushed Pilika on her. Jillia was simply being the kind person she was and took care of her in place of Jowy. I believe that Jillia knew that Jowy was not wrong in his ideals and she may have had some affections for him, but she never intentionally used either one of them. If anything, she was the one being manipulated.

Jillia had no desire for power, if she did then her name would have carried enough weight by itself in Highland. She could have turned on Jowy at any time if she so desired, but she stuck by him and did as he wanted as a form of support. She was a good Queen, a good sister, and in the end a good friend. I think it's hard to find anything bad to say about her except for the fact that she was overly ignorant of everything going around her.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

ZOMG! She totally did!

Especially since she was in Harmonia at the time living peacefully with Pilika.
I hope everything is going delicious.
aydas_arrow

Post by aydas_arrow »

Good points Demon Eye. im not saying she is bad, just not so nieve.

1. Jilia wouldnt dare to try and overthrow Luca, one because he would probably fillnaly kill her and two her real parentage could be revealed. i also doubt she would be able to find soldiers to support her, even Kiba was still loyal to the crown.

2. Luca forced the marrage between her and Jowy, he was in favor and she could use him as a shield, but once Luca is dead Jowy becomes king, if she was to move on him she would loose the support of the people. (did you see how they cheered when she was 'sacraficed')

Ah yes i forgot she went to harmonia, perfect!. in harmonia she met with her family there(with the Blights beging harmonian originally there must be some) and there with them she plots to take back her homeland, prehaps being manipulated by surviving members of her family.

demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Jillia wasn't scared of Luca killing her. She knew he couldn't do it. She was more concerned about him than her own life in the first place. And her real parentage would not have made a difference. She was still the daughter of the Queen. Her name still carries clout. Plus, she had plenty of soldiers who would have supported her. She is royalty and a Blight. Kiba still was loyal to Agares and I'm sure she is smart enough to use that to her advantage. She had no desire to do so. You forget the reason why Luca tried to get her out of the way. He could not have gone about his plans with her in the way.

As for the marriage, it was probably forced, but for political reasons. Luca wanted Jowy's power and he used Jowy to get it and more than likely Jillia agreed because she loves her brother eventhough she doesn't actually agree with him. I believe she honestly believed Jowy could possibly help save her brother. Jillia was merely a pawn who cared too much for two individuals that had only their goals in mind.

The crowd cheered because it was the will of the royal family. It may have even been seen as an honor to be sacrificed for the well-being of the entire kingdom. I doubt it was the fact that it was Jillia.

And the information about Jillia going to Harmonia and joining up withher family seems to be a stretch when it comes to taking back their land. First, I doubt Harmonia would allow for that. The embarrassment of defeat was enough. More than likely Jillia is living an isolated life with Pilika out of politics since she never showed a flair for it in the first place.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

Her father was a bandit. Not surprised.
Strategy is the key to victory!
aydas_arrow

Post by aydas_arrow »

but harmonia did suport the high east rebelloion.

just read an intresting thing on suikox which would support my theory, what if Queen is Jilla, she did return to liberate her land, maybe not as a powerful political laesder(most thought she was dead) and pilika would be all grown up and not need her anymore, prehaps she got tired of being weak and became a worrior instead so that she couldno longer be manipulated by those around her.

demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Harmonia did but we have no idea whether or not the Blights supported it. And Queen cannot be Jillia. They have two different birth dates so they are two different people. So, there is no support for that at all. Sorry, but it's a nice try.

And who's father was a bandit??? Are we talking about Jillia? We actually don't know who her father is. Just because her mom was raped we really can't be certain that the King was not her father. It's unlikely but we really don't know.
aydas_arrow

Post by aydas_arrow »

hmmm i'll find away around that just you see :P .

oh well, i just like putting across different theories, i get really bored of all the posts about viki and jeane, i'll think up somemore just you wait.

p.s.

can a board mod please check my avatar isnt breaking any rules, i dont think it is but i dont wanna be called a bandwidth theif. im not getting it from suikosource so it should be okay, but better safe than a thief.

are you sure about Jillias birthdate? how can you be sure? has konami set an offical birthdate? sorry dont have time to check the site have to rush to work

demon eye

Post by demon eye »

IS 445
Koyu, Jillia Blight, Nanami, Nina, Hoi, Bolgan, Marco, Meg, and Queen are born.
As you can see there that they were both born on the same date officially so I was mistaken. But, by that fact alone and they have two different names listed, it shows that they cannot be the same people. Pplus, Queen seems to have some history in Harmonia or at least soemething bad happened to her involving Harmonians. We know that Jillia pretty much lived an isolated life in the Blight household for quite sometime before fleeing with Pilika. It seems rather unlikely that those two could be the same. It's just not plausible.
Pahn

Post by Pahn »

apparently Queen's town was taken over by harmonia and became 3rd class citizens like Le Buque, which is why she is so harsh with Franz.