Aldo and Ted

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
~Uriah~

Aldo and Ted

Post by ~Uriah~ »

In suikoden 4 Ted says he knows of Aldo somehow...where? never seen Aldo in suikoden 1 or anywhere else.....something new to theorize about.
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

You wouldn't have seen Aldo in Suikoden 1. Suikoden IV takes place 150 years before 1.

And Ted was wandering around for quite some time before encountering the Fog Ship. It's possible Aldo reminds him of someone.
Futch02

Post by Futch02 »

Moonbay wrote:You wouldn't have seen Aldo in Suikoden 1. Suikoden IV takes place 150 years before 1.

And Ted was wandering around for quite some time before encountering the Fog Ship. It's possible Aldo reminds him of someone.
Isn't it possible for Ted to have bumped into Aldo durring his wanderings, before he encountered the fog ship, seeing as he was only in it for a couple of years. Maybe he met Aldo when he was lil'. :D Or, just what Moonie said :3
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

Futch02 wrote:
Moonbay wrote:You wouldn't have seen Aldo in Suikoden 1. Suikoden IV takes place 150 years before 1.

Isn't it possible for Ted to have bumped into Aldo durring his wanderings, before he encountered the fog ship, seeing as he was only in it for a couple of years. Maybe he met Aldo when he was lil'. :D Or, just what Moonie said :3
You mean kind of like Young Ted seeing McDohl when he was younger--but not remembering when he met him later?

That would explain why Aldo doesn't recognize him (or doesn't want to see him as the same person)--and feels like he should be his friend.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Their gay...get over it.

Just kidding(though its a possible explenation) they could be soulmates.Aldo might have been someone that knew Ted and got killed by the SE.And perhaps Tir is the reincarnation of Aldo.However that would be weird since that if Aldo was killed(or any of his previous lifes) by the SE he would be stuck inside the rune.
YuberPesmerga

Post by YuberPesmerga »

Aldo did if fact get killed by the Soul Eater.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

actually we dont know that for sure,although that is the popular theory,
it bassically says aldo mysteriously dissapeared while following ted, so while it probably was the Soul Eater,there is no way to prove it
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

But Aldo wasn't close to Ted at all, and if I'm not mistaken, the Soul Eater pretty much only takes the lives of those close to it's master. That's why Ted kept telling Lazlo he wanted to be left alone. He didn't want any lives to be taken, and he didn't want to make any friends due to that fear. Then again, he may have taken Aldo's soul on purpose, because he was following him.
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

There's no evidence that the soul eater can take souls simply by command. I don't think you can control it like that. It'll take the soul of whoever it feels is appropriate and this always seems to be those close to the bearer.
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

Did the SE take Odessa though? How was Odessa close to the Hero? Unless you mean by proximity, which is what I figured.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

ShardStar wrote:Did the SE take Odessa though? How was Odessa close to the Hero? Unless you mean by proximity, which is what I figured.
The Rune 'devours' people's soul in order to manipulate Ted/Tir. Ted learned about this and just stopped himself to get close to anyone(in the sentimental sense, yes.) and just run away. This is what he did to Aldo. He ignored him to protect him.

Why the Soul Eater never killed Tir is a mysterie.My personal theorie is that the SE wanted Ted to be there. As you know True Runes have the power to change the future and also have the power to view it(to some extent).

Why the SE took Oddesa is because the SE needed Tir to become the leader of the army and were Oddesa to survive she would become the leader.

However this is my personal theory.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

well my theory is: the soul eater got bored after 150 years with ted,plus ted betrayed him! ted gave the soul eater away!

so naturally the soul eater fliped off ted took his soul and found a better friend in tir mcdohl,not to mention it took teds best friend

ted got BuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrNED :D

well in all seriousness.. I think it was destiny for tir to own the soul eater,ted was just the person chosen to bear it until tir could get it and thats why leknaat never spoke to ted about the soul eater
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Odessa gave Tir the earring or whatever it was as a symbol of him becoming the next leader of the liberation army. Obviously she felt a very close bond with him in order to give him such awesome responsibility. I mean she had Flik, Viktor, Humphrey, Sanchez (good thing she didn’t' pick him) already and she picked this guy she just met relatively recently. So there was a bond, it just grew quickly. Also don't forget their conversation at night in Sarady, that was quite intimate in my opinion.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

son_michael wrote:well my theory is: the soul eater got bored after 150 years with ted,plus ted betrayed him! ted gave the soul eater away!

so naturally the soul eater fliped off ted took his soul and found a better friend in tir mcdohl,not to mention it took teds best friend

ted got BuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrNED :D

well in all seriousness.. I think it was destiny for tir to own the soul eater,ted was just the person chosen to bear it until tir could get it and thats why leknaat never spoke to ted about the soul eater
Exactly, Leknaat only seems to appear to Tenkai's who posses True Runes or who are meant to posses them. Since Ted wasn't a Tenkai his role in the war effort was only that of a puppet for the Soul Eater to push Tir in the correct way.
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

So then that's why Leknaant never appears to Wyatt, Hugo, Chris or Geddoe and since Thomas didn't have a TR he didn't get a visit from her either. So it's more that Leknaant searches out Tenkai's that are going to acquire a TR, in the case of Tir, Riou, & Lazlo.

Your right Oppenhimer, Odessa clearly feels some sort of bond for Tir, I guess I just didn't feel it when playing. Either way though it was his destiny to become the leader and owner of SE.

It's still possible though that Aldo got eaten, as you said you can't control who the Rune decides to consume.