Aldo and Ted

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Rody wrote:Haha, now that you mention it... Ted does have Aldo's bow!

You do know you just handed me more fuel to the fire, right? :lol: :twisted: MUWAHAHA!
of course he has aldo's bow!

video game rule number 1. when you kill somebody you have to rob the corpse :D
Belle

Post by Belle »

Zombee wrote:And I swear that people probably forgot Windy altogether. She's not even mentioned in Suikoden 2 through 4
I believe she's mentioned in one of Richmond's secrets regarding Bob.
And seriously, he has Aldo's bow? I never even noticed that. (Makes me want to re-play Suikoden 1 again.) Well, that definitely hints at a deeper relationship between them. Not necessarily romantic or even friendship, but Ted probably at least came to respect Aldo in some way. Taking up another's weapon isn't really something done lightly.
We don't know if it's the same bow exactly... but the name of Aldo's bow in Suikoden IV is the same as the name of Ted's bow in Suikoden I.
Buff

Post by Buff »

Belle wrote:
Zombee wrote:And I swear that people probably forgot Windy altogether. She's not even mentioned in Suikoden 2 through 4
I believe she's mentioned in one of Richmond's secrets regarding Bob.
this is taken off this site.
Bob was born in a village of Lycanthropes, but one day, a sorceress named Windy appeared and burned the village to the ground, killing everyone.
Zombee

Post by Zombee »

Allow me to rephrase that, then.

Windy is not mentioned significantly in any of the games other than Suikoden 1.
Mukumuku

Post by Mukumuku »

I have a question about what Aldo said in the bath scene with Dead...I mean Ted.

Aldo and Ted (as you know) in the bath scene talked about how Aldo launched a Bow and Ted got it for him. And Aldo's dirrect responces to this is "That was really sweet of you..." People who question Aldo's sexuality had every right to do so. Why? Because in our society (or at least here where I live in california) when a man says to another man that something he did was sweet, isn't considered that, well... straight.

It's funny, even my cousin (who I introduced suikoden IV to) called me up and asked me "Is he gay?"

My question is what did Aldo say to ted in the batch scene in the Japense version? I know "sweet" could mean "very very nice" in Japenese Language/Culture.
Why do so many people hate Americans?
Is it our fault that we're #1?
Rody

Post by Rody »

Hahaha, I remember that bath scene! I was really happy and hyper after that. My brothers couldn't get me to shut up. ^^
How did I end up as Pang Tong?!

Don't drink and park - accidents cause people.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

I stick by my theory that Ted is homosexual or at least exeptionally caring towards Ted. Or very obsessive. He seemed obsessive on the ship so I don't see why he wouldn't stalk him post-s4. Ted might've opened up to him and the Soul Eater must've taken his soul.
Belle

Post by Belle »

Wraith wrote:I stick by my theory that Ted is homosexual or at least exeptionally caring towards Ted. Or very obsessive. He seemed obsessive on the ship so I don't see why he wouldn't stalk him post-s4. Ted might've opened up to him and the Soul Eater must've taken his soul.
Ted's homosexual toward himself?

Futch02

Post by Futch02 »

When it comes to most anime/manga/games, we, as americans, we tend to see a strong loving relationship between two men as "homosexual". Because at an early age society drums into us those "wealthy white puritan" beliefs deemed "appropriate". Saying something is "sweet" is hardly a valid point for calling him "gay". It's vocabulary, not a sexual preference.

Also, good eye on Aldo's bow. I hadn't even noticed that. But just because Ted had his weapon doesn't mean their relationship was homosexual. In SuikoIII, Viktor passed his sword to Edge, and Futch has Humphry's. And please do not say anything about them. I would have to scratch your eyes out.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Futch02 wrote:When it comes to most anime/manga/games, we, as americans, we tend to see a strong loving relationship between two men as "homosexual". Because at an early age society drums into us those "wealthy white puritan" beliefs deemed "appropriate". Saying something is "sweet" is hardly a valid point for calling him "gay". It's vocabulary, not a sexual preference.
below is an accurate recreation of a scene between aldo and ted in the game

Aldo: thanks so much for returning my bow, that was really sweet of you

Ted: uh....yea *Ted leaves the room fast*

Aldo: w..wait!...oh.... is it something I said?!

conclusion= ALDO IS GAY and ted is not, sorry but its really obvious
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

below is an accurate recreation of a scene between aldo and ted in the game
It's not accurate since first of all it was about an arrow not the bow (how could it be anyway? You think Aldo is in the habit of throwing his bow at enemies?).

Secondly it's a bath scene and you leave out half of it.
conclusion= ALDO IS GAY and ted is not, sorry but its really obvious
You saying something is obvious is just so... funny.

And yeah sure, Aldo is gay. Just cause he thanked Ted for returning his arrow, that's such a gay thing to do. A real man would have said "Arr, wtf you doing with my arrow you noob!" and hit him over the head with a rock :roll:
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

who cares if I didn't do the whole bath scene? I did the important parts

ok yes it was an arrow and not a bow

yes, if a man comes up to me and says"um it was really sweet of you" he's gay

a real man would say, "hey Ted/dude, thanks for giving me back my arrow"
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

One can only assume that you must be very insecure in your own sexuality if you draw that conclusion based on one sentence.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

son_michael wrote:who cares if I didn't do the whole bath scene? I did the important parts

ok yes it was an arrow and not a bow

yes, if a man comes up to me and says"um it was really sweet of you" he's gay

a real man would say, "hey Ted/dude, thanks for giving me back my arrow"
So, for example, I make a mistake in a post and you correct me, if I was to thank you by saying "that was sweet of you, son_michael, thanks." I would be gay?
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

well I would think so, "sweet" is not a word a straight guy should use

you guys wouldn't survive in New York