Aldo and Ted

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Rody

Post by Rody »

Man, it's so funny how serious you people get over this stuff. :P I don't give a hooey for what anyone says, but you guys all get argumentative over EVERYTHING! (And you get all twisted in a knot when a thread changes topic, too! Waah, I miss my old RPGmaker! Those were the best forums ever, till they went down...)Anyway, In my mind, Aldo and Ted will always be; hand me all the hard evidence you have. It DOESN'T matter.

You see, it's like I said before, no matter what anyone says, people will always believe only what they want to. Or am I only speaking for myself here? I'm a stubborn b**** (can you cuss here, or is that forbidden too? :P ) Well, anyway, I'm on a never-ending quest to find a fun forum. Is there one within Suikosource?
How did I end up as Pang Tong?!

Don't drink and park - accidents cause people.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

this is deffinetly no place to go wild, pick fights and curse everywhere... this forum is full of people that love suikoden and obey the forums rules, if you can do those things then you should fit in fine but if you feel like starting flame wars,spewing foul language and whatever else....then you dont belong in these forums
Night

Post by Night »

For starters, we're certainly not gonna beg for you to stay :wink:
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Rody wrote:Man, it's so funny how serious you people get over this stuff. :P I don't give a hooey for what anyone says, but you guys all get argumentative over EVERYTHING! (And you get all twisted in a knot when a thread changes topic, too! Waah, I miss my old RPGmaker! Those were the best forums ever, till they went down...)Anyway, In my mind, Aldo and Ted will always be; hand me all the hard evidence you have. It DOESN'T matter.

You see, it's like I said before, no matter what anyone says, people will always believe only what they want to. Or am I only speaking for myself here? I'm a stubborn b**** (can you cuss here, or is that forbidden too? :P ) Well, anyway, I'm on a never-ending quest to find a fun forum. Is there one within Suikosource?
I certainly understand what you mean but this is a forum for these sort of things.
Rody

Post by Rody »

Oookay, I wasn't trying to offend anyone, though I guess that's how it sounded. I love Suikoden, too, you guys, or I wouldn't be here. I just feel like when certain topics come people get really angry over it, when it's just no big deal! It's just a video game and we're all fans, filling in the blanks where we want to.

I didn't break any rules, right? I don't think I sounded THAT horrible. I just wanted to tell you guys to have a little more fun. Far from starting a flame war! I'm telling you to all get along.

So, anyway, I'm really sorry if I offended anyone.

(And I KNOW that was off topic! Um, but I have nothing else to add to the Aldo/Ted thing. If I did, I would....NOW! Wheee.)

Buff

Post by Buff »

Rody wrote:Oookay, I wasn't trying to offend anyone, though I guess that's how it sounded. I love Suikoden, too, you guys, or I wouldn't be here. I just feel like when certain topics come people get really angry over it, when it's just no big deal! It's just a video game and we're all fans, filling in the blanks where we want to.
people just get into of what they are saying. but we also have to respect of what they are saying. if you take stuff to far then what's the big point of posting.
Rody

Post by Rody »

Good, point, Buff. Sorry. I've only ever been in one forum before, and it wasn't about a specifc subject. I'm just learning! I'm a newb! So, I will now try and respect what everyone says.

Really. I'm very sorry. :oops: :oops: :oops: [/quote]

Buff

Post by Buff »

no worries.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

The thread is about Aldo and Ted, lets try to stay on topic here please or this will be locked.
Zombee

Post by Zombee »

In the interest in keeping things on-topic...

I just recently beat Suikoden IV (shut up, I'm slow). I can honestly say that the very, uh... unique relationship between Aldo and Ted really grabbed my attention.

First of all, I don't believe for a moment that Ted would have killed Aldo intentionally. It's just not in his character - it wasn't in it when he was a child, and it wasn't in him when he was with Tir.

So, what do we KNOW about Ted? We know that he is not a willing bearer of the Soul Eater. We also know that he was entrusted with the Soul Eater to keep it safe from Windy. What if Windy killed Aldo? Or Yuber? Neither of them would hesitate to use Aldo to their advantage if they thought it would get to Ted, and therefore, the Soul Eater.

(Actually, I'm kinda surprised no one else mentioned Windy... Remember that she's still around and searching for Ted at this point.)

As for Aldo's intentions for Ted, he's probably just a lonely guy that sees a kindred spirit in Ted. Er, I will admit, though, he does seem to have more than a platonic interest in him. (Let's face it, after you recruit Ted, he's the only thing Aldo can talk about.) For romantic interests and the like, I don't particularly care about the genders whatever way, so I actually find the idea of them together quite cute.

What do we know about Aldo, then? Er... not as much as Ted, definitely. (And I really liked him, too, so it makes me a bit sad to think of that.) He's an archer like Ted, so there's at least one reason he feels "attracted" (for lack of a better term) to him. He also claims to have been left behind by his companions, something that Ted can certainly related to (although in a distinctly more tragic way).

So what REALLY happens to Ted and Aldo after Suikoden IV?

We have no clue! Aldo dies (for some reason), and Ted eventually meets his friend (and his fate).

...well, there're my two cents. And then some.
Rody

Post by Rody »

That's crazy! Why didn't I think of Windy? I always hated her... And it seems plausible to me... (But I'm all over any proof of the Aldo/Ted love... :lol: :twisted: So, yeah. I like your theories.

son_michael

Post by son_michael »

I still stand by my theory...Ted killed Aldo :D

or more realistically...the soul eater killed him

ok 2 possible outcomes

1. soul eater sucked aldo's soul up and ted felt remorse and out of respect he decided to take aldows bow{ in suikoden 1 he starts with the exact same bow that aldo had in suikoden 4}

2. Ted was getting tired of aldo and killed him :D {my personal favorite^^}

most likely choice number 1 is what happened
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

the reason no one mentioned windy is due to the fact that within those 300 years she never saw Ted, not even once.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Zombee

Post by Zombee »

Angelis_Taleria wrote:the reason no one mentioned windy is due to the fact that within those 300 years she never saw Ted, not even once.
Just because she hasn't seen him doesn't mean she isn't still looking for him. It also doesn't mean that Yuber never came into contact with him.

There's also the possibility that Windy came in contact with Aldo and tried to use him to lure Ted out. Maybe in frustration she cursed him, or perhaps Yuber killed him.

And I swear that people probably forgot Windy altogether. She's not even mentioned in Suikoden 2 through 4, so it'd be an easy thing to do. (I almost did, myself, until I started thinking about why Ted had the rune in the first place.)
son_michael wrote:I still stand by my theory...Ted killed Aldo

or more realistically...the soul eater killed him

ok 2 possible outcomes

1. soul eater sucked aldo's soul up and ted felt remorse and out of respect he decided to take aldows bow{ in suikoden 1 he starts with the exact same bow that aldo had in suikoden 4}

2. Ted was getting tired of aldo and killed him {my personal favorite^^}

most likely choice number 1 is what happened
Er... Well, choice number one IS the more likely one, because killing someone just because they annoy him seems completely against Ted's nature.

And seriously, he has Aldo's bow? I never even noticed that. (Makes me want to re-play Suikoden 1 again.) Well, that definitely hints at a deeper relationship between them. Not necessarily romantic or even friendship, but Ted probably at least came to respect Aldo in some way. Taking up another's weapon isn't really something done lightly.
Rody

Post by Rody »

Haha, now that you mention it... Ted does have Aldo's bow!

You do know you just handed me more fuel to the fire, right? :lol: :twisted: MUWAHAHA!