Aldo and Ted

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

ok are people bitching about gays here? cause that aint nice. my best mate is gay. and Im off topic *slaps self*
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

you guys wouldn't survive in New York
If you can then I'm pretty sure just about anyone could.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

son_michael wrote:well I would think so, "sweet" is not a word a straight guy should use
Juding people's sexuality based on their way of speaking is prejudice. There are not "straight words" and "gay words". I'm pretty sure all the narcissists would say that everyone is sweet, I don't think that alone is a good reason for labeling someone as gay.

However, based on the bath conversation, their unites and the ending text I do believe that Aldo may have been gay. But, saying that by using "sweet" in a sentance makes you gay is absurd.

And about staying on topic, please continue to discuss this context of this thread in relation to Aldo and Ted, New York has nothing to do with them. I don't think we've had a topic that has the word "gay" appear in it that didn't end up being locked. It would be nice if I didn't have to do that again.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

my oppinion is aldo is gay for the same reasons you do and I say its obvious because to me its obvious

thats all

im done with this thread
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

son_michael wrote:im done with this thread
Aw shoot.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

This thread is becoming rather pointless.

Aldo getting killed by the Soul Eater is by FAR the most likely theory. Aldo's sexual preference HAS a role in it but only slightly. Actually, unlike Viki, Jean and so on there is nothing more to be said about this subject.

This conversation is over IMO. Unless Konami makes something of Aldo official.
Zombee

Post by Zombee »

Actually, if everyone would STAY ON-TOPIC FOR THE LOVE OF GOD this conversation could reasonably be carried on for a while longer. This is, after all, the "character theories" section, and there are plenty of possibilities as for what happened to Aldo.

However, considering the attitude of most of the people concerned in this topic, I do have to concede that the conversation is indeed over. I'm kind of disappointed.
Nekomancer

Post by Nekomancer »

Belle wrote:
Wraith wrote:I stick by my theory that Ted is homosexual or at least exeptionally caring towards Ted. Or very obsessive. He seemed obsessive on the ship so I don't see why he wouldn't stalk him post-s4. Ted might've opened up to him and the Soul Eater must've taken his soul.
Ted's homosexual toward himself?

I wasn't sure what they meant either. I think they either meant Aldo is very caring or that Ted was very lonely... (and FYI: masturbation isn't limited to homosexuals.)

As I seemed to have missed the greater bulk of the intelligent part of this conversation, I apologize if I'm repeating people (yes I did read the back pages.)

Haven't you ever been friendly to some one who was a little... off? I remember when I was in college and even high school I would always sit with the kid that sat by him/herself. They rarely said anything or even looked up for more than a moment but I was always free with smiles and 'good mornings!' I'm not sure why, but I just felt drawn to be overly friendly to people who didn't seem to want to be around people. I think there is a distinct possibility that Aldo is just a nice gay and not actually gay. I suppose there is the chance he is but we'll never know unless Konami tells us otherwise.
As I'm sick of new topics asking for pictures, PM me if you want any okay? I have a wealth of Suikoden pics saved(5k+) I'm glad to share. Couples are fine too (regardless of gender.) Just do NOT post any more topics about it. Please. It really irks me.
Zombee

Post by Zombee »

Nekomancer wrote: I think there is a distinct possibility that Aldo is just a nice gay and not actually gay.
That is probably the best typo ever.

Possibly even better than when people mis-type "ministrations" as "mestruations" in yaoi fanfiction.
Nekomancer

Post by Nekomancer »

Zombee wrote:
Nekomancer wrote: I think there is a distinct possibility that Aldo is just a nice gay and not actually gay.
That is probably the best typo ever.

Possibly even better than when people mis-type "ministrations" as "mestruations" in yaoi fanfiction.
Hahah, I've just reaffirmed my belief that I cannot type. This is almost as bad as me typing about how I ate at the Dairy Queer.

Anyway, I meant he's a nice guy. Sorry about that.
As I'm sick of new topics asking for pictures, PM me if you want any okay? I have a wealth of Suikoden pics saved(5k+) I'm glad to share. Couples are fine too (regardless of gender.) Just do NOT post any more topics about it. Please. It really irks me.
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

First off, this forum is somewhat of a laugh riot. :D

Secondly, and more on topic, is it possible the reason SE never went after Tir and Co is because it was made dormant? We know this is possible, as Geddoe does this with the TLR. Let me rephase that. We asume that it is possible because of Geddoe and TLR. If Ted was truely a master of SE, then he could have ursurped the Rune's will and made it dormant, until the Queen Ant thing when he invoke its power.

Anyway, that's what I think, which doesn't really matter in the long run I guess. :wink:
We are free to severe the chains of Fate that bind us...Yet this, too, may be our Destiny.
Airgil

Post by Airgil »

About the Soul Easter eating souls, I think it can eat only a dying soul.

After all :

- Odessa was dying
- Gremio was dying
- Teo was dying
- Ted was dying

About Ted, I supose he was dying since he got separated from his True Rune (in SIII Luc tells to Geddoe that he's going to die since he lost his True Lightning Rune) ; if not, then I suppose that the Rune followed his order to take his soul.

So I think that Aldo's soul was eaten only because he was dying.
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

yeah after Ted shot him with his own bow......

But the only reason Tir go the SoulEater was because Ted wanted it to be safe out of hands of Windy. Also, Ted was seperated from the rune while on the ghost ship for who knows how long, I can't really remember, but the reason Ted was dying in SI was from his wound that Windy gave him that probably didn't heal correctly or heal at all and because he commanded the SoulEater to take his soul.
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

Airgil wrote:About the Soul Easter eating souls, I think it can eat only a dying soul.

After all :

- Odessa was dying
- Gremio was dying
- Teo was dying
- Ted was dying

About Ted, I supose he was dying since he got separated from his True Rune (in SIII Luc tells to Geddoe that he's going to die since he lost his True Lightning Rune) ; if not, then I suppose that the Rune followed his order to take his soul.

So I think that Aldo's soul was eaten only because he was dying.
erm, more than likely, they were dying from the curse of the soul-eater. the soul-eater puts people into situations where the die, so it gets a soul. anyone else agree?
Airgil

Post by Airgil »

anokosa wrote:erm, more than likely, they were dying from the curse of the soul-eater. the soul-eater puts people into situations where the die, so it gets a soul. anyone else agree?
I do not think the Rune is so "intelligent", it seems rather passive to me. If someone dear to the bearer is dying it eates his soul, that's all. Why not to take Cleo's soul ? Leeknat saw something special about Cleo, but the rune wasn't really interested in her.

Oh and about Ted and Aldo, are we sure that Ted killed him ? Where is that written? I'm curious about those two. Maybe Aldo's tried to steal the Soul Eater and so his kindness was fake...