Aldo and Ted

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Nozomi_Tsuji

Post by Nozomi_Tsuji »

I wonder how it works really. Tir was really close to Odessa, Gremio, Ted and Teo when he devoured them. (i mean distance, not emotionally). Yuber burnt down Ted's village, so the only one he was really close to then was his grandfather. I wonder if it works on great distances, like if he is currently in his own house, can he take someone that lives a couple of houses away? Most people died because of Yuber while Ted was hiding, so I dont really think he absorbed them. I think it was some other people he met under his 300-year long journey whose souls he took.
Let's Folk - Nono-chan ^^
Belle

Post by Belle »

Nozomi_Tsuji wrote:I wonder how it works really. Tir was really close to Odessa, Gremio, Ted and Teo when he devoured them. (i mean distance, not emotionally). Yuber burnt down Ted's village, so the only one he was really close to then was his grandfather. I wonder if it works on great distances, like if he is currently in his own house, can he take someone that lives a couple of houses away? Most people died because of Yuber while Ted was hiding, so I dont really think he absorbed them. I think it was some other people he met under his 300-year long journey whose souls he took.
From memorable scenes:
Ted
Soul Eater, I spent 300 years with you. I know all about you. The meaning of your curse, your evil intentions. On the day I lost my home, you stole the souls of everyone I knew in this world. During 300 years of wandering, you caused a great many wars and plundered countless souls. Including Odessa's! And Tir's father's! And Gremio's! You took them all! You steal the souls of those closest to your master, and grow in power!
That makes it sound like he was on friendly terms with at least some of the villagers.

If we're talking physical distance, Ted's Grandpa was presumably in the forest being chased by Windy and/or Yuber. And Tir wasn't even in the same room where Gremio died (though I guess that still counts as being close, next room).

As far as Yuber burning down the village goes, I don't see how that matters. Using the Gremio example, Milich killed him with the spores of Agony while Tir was hiding. Just because someone else caused the death doesn't mean the SE can't steal a person's soul. This is also evidenced by Odessa and Teo, whose deaths were caused by physical wounds. Edit: Actually, I guess I have no proof Odessa's wounds were physical. But the point is, they weren't caused by the SE.
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

i dont think they need t be close. what does everyone elsethink?> anyway, it's the closest to the bearers heart, not to their body. thats how i see it.
Nozomi_Tsuji

Post by Nozomi_Tsuji »

But lats say Tir is currently in his HQ in Lake Toran, and theoretically his loved one in, let¨s say, Gregminster dies. Could he take his soul then?
Let's Folk - Nono-chan ^^
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I don't think the soul eater can eat souls without being very close. I think that being in the next room with Greimo when he dies counted. I don't think your Gregminster death would allow the soul eater to consume that soul. But, I don't thinkt he soul eater would want someone to die so far away if they were really close as it would want to eat the soul. It would probably try to twist fate into making the bearer of the rune travel to Gregminster in time to see his loved one die.
Alastor

Post by Alastor »

You are crazy. All of you!
What are you talking about, making such a noise of this?
How long Ted wandered?
Ted got the SE rune in 150 Solis Year, and Suiko4 take place in 305. So, 155 years is pretty long period to get used to Rune and to know something about her.
For me, Ted doesnt look like he is 16-18, but 7-9 years old, but that is not important.
So, why not think that Ted was on that ship for...20 years? And i belive that he was very lonely back there. So, if you are all alone you could remember someone for 20 years, because you dont know anyone else. And you think of him.
If he was "good" with Aldo, and something separated them up, why not to belice that Aldo continiued wtih normal life for 20 years?! Do you remember people from your childhood, exept your friends? No. So why should Aldo?

Think of 10 years boy aproaching u, and u are in 20, and he takls to you teling that he knows you? :shock:

NEXT. Even if they went together, who knows what hapened. How many time could they got in argue, in fight, how many Riou- Jowy freindships could take place?* Why not to kill him?
And you all talk why SE didnt kill Tir?
Same reason why Punishment didnt kill Lazlo. Because of stars of destiny, friendship and self-rune-control ability.
And no, Ted did not turn his back to rune, in fact, he saved it from Windy.

Someone said that rune cant take life from order? Are you sure? What about scene when Ted order rune to asimillate him in Suiko1?

And so on..and so on... :)
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

you bring up many long points, but they each make sense in a way. i agree with alastor.
Alastor

Post by Alastor »

anokosa wrote:you bring up many long points, but they each make sense in a way. i agree with alastor.
God bless you my child. :D
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

lol. no probs alator. i agree with you an many points. god bless you too. and, incidentally, how did you know im a child? well, im not really, im nearly 16, but you get my drift.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

anokosa wrote:lol. no probs alator. i agree with you an many points. god bless you too. and, incidentally, how did you know im a child? well, im not really, im nearly 16, but you get my drift.
Psychic.
Rezard

Post by Rezard »

Alastor wrote:And you all talk why SE didnt kill Tir?
Same reason why Punishment didnt kill Lazlo. Because of stars of destiny, friendship and self-rune-control ability.
The soul eater and the RoP have completely diferent curses, the soul eater kills people close to bearer, the RoP kills the bearer.

It was never told that the Soul Eater doesn´t steals souls anymore.

The SE didn´t kill Tir, because this isn´t its curse.
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

you want some solid evidence that the SE bends fate? here
suikosource (in history, true runes under Rune of Life and Death) wrote:Since then, the rune bent the fate of those around Tir and dragged them into the clutches of death, starting with Odessa Silverberg, then with Gremio, Teo McDohl, and even its own ex-bearer, Ted.
happy???
Archer

Post by Archer »

Hmm. I think the whole point of Suikoden 1 and the Soul Eater story was the gathering of 108 stars. All of these people were to become close to Tir, it struck me as some kind of challenge that Tir was set to overcome. With all the Suikoden games you see the hero struggling with his rune. He prevails for the side of good and comes to understand and master his rune. A good example of this is the Rune of Punishment. Lazlo eventually understands its meaning by forgiving Snowe. He goes through punishment AND forgiveness to unlock the rune and gain mastery over it, thus making him its appropriate bearer. Although Tir overcame his hardships, he still ran away from the rune. He's only seen the Death side of the rune that governs life and death and I just felt like there was something more to the rune that he didn't understand. He's still running isn't he? Ted was also not right for the rune and I think Aldo forced his way in to Ted's life. Its VERY likely the Soul Eater took his life, as we've seen in Suikoden 1 it has the Souls of Teo, Odessa, Gremio (for a while) and Ted inside it. Aldo mysteriously disappears? Okay, so it doesnt say he was eaten by the rune but you think a cheerful lad like that just decided to go live in solitude in the mountains? Maybe he was killed by a bear or something but I wouldn't call that mysterious. I think for all of the Human emotion runes like Soul Eater and Punishment there are two sides to the coin showing a positive and negative effect and I think they need to be able to face the negative before they can use the rune for what it really is. I don't think Ted or Tir found out what that is and I think Soul Eater will carry on spreading death in subtlety.
executorofbalance

Re:

Post by executorofbalance »

Nozomi_Tsuji wrote:But lats say Tir is currently in his HQ in Lake Toran, and theoretically his loved one in, let¨s say, Gregminster dies. Could he take his soul then?
You cannot take the soul of a town, buddy. :mrgreen:
"Even if I close my eyes, the world will not dissapear."
jonathan_priest

Re:

Post by jonathan_priest »

Archer wrote:Hmm. I think the whole point of Suikoden 1 and the Soul Eater story was the gathering of 108 stars. All of these people were to become close to Tir, it struck me as some kind of challenge that Tir was set to overcome. With all the Suikoden games you see the hero struggling with his rune. He prevails for the side of good and comes to understand and master his rune. A good example of this is the Rune of Punishment. Lazlo eventually understands its meaning by forgiving Snowe. He goes through punishment AND forgiveness to unlock the rune and gain mastery over it, thus making him its appropriate bearer. Although Tir overcame his hardships, he still ran away from the rune. He's only seen the Death side of the rune that governs life and death and I just felt like there was something more to the rune that he didn't understand. He's still running isn't he? Ted was also not right for the rune and I think Aldo forced his way in to Ted's life. Its VERY likely the Soul Eater took his life, as we've seen in Suikoden 1 it has the Souls of Teo, Odessa, Gremio (for a while) and Ted inside it. Aldo mysteriously disappears? Okay, so it doesnt say he was eaten by the rune but you think a cheerful lad like that just decided to go live in solitude in the mountains? Maybe he was killed by a bear or something but I wouldn't call that mysterious. I think for all of the Human emotion runes like Soul Eater and Punishment there are two sides to the coin showing a positive and negative effect and I think they need to be able to face the negative before they can use the rune for what it really is. I don't think Ted or Tir found out what that is and I think Soul Eater will carry on spreading death in subtlety.

Actually I think Aldo's ending was that he died mysteriously. Since he followed Ted, its a likely leap of interpretation that it was the Soul Eater that caused it.

As for why the SE never killed Cleo, Pahn or any of the others, I think because they were part of the destined 108 stars of destiny. The Soul Eater I always believed had the power to manipulate events to cause death, but could not directly interfere with fate. For instance, what if the Soul Eater was the one to remind Flik of the Fire Spears while he slept, reawakened memories...dream influence, whatever. The Fire Spears were retrieved, and the armored calvary defeated, with the death of Teo...another soul taken. That's how I see the Soul Eater operating. But it can't take souls who are bound to fate.

If Aldo was killed by the SE, then his role in fate was over as it was post-war. Just my thoughts.
"It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full...what matters is the glass."