Gremio

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
UberPendragon

Gremio

Post by UberPendragon »

Gremio's Lover
This is a theory I came up with for Gremio, basicly Im trying to prove that Gremio and Camille became lovers.

Evidence

Time spent together

Camille joins the Liberation Army so she can follow Gremio around until he pays his overdue bill. As such it's realistic to believe that she followed Gremio around the castle a fair amount since she had no other interest there. Since Tir became the leader of the Liberation army Gremio no longer had to wait on him hand and foot, so Gremio had more spare time on his hands. That being said it's realistic to believe they spent this time together and became at the very least friends.

Gremio's Financial situation and Camille's Professionalism

As the army grew so did it's funds. Realisticly speaking the bill for a single banquet even in the house of Teo McDohl could only be so much. So in time it's safe to assume Gremio had the money to pay the bill, which would'v sent Camille on her way. Camille must'v been fairly skilled to be hired to collect on the bill of a Renowned General. So we must assume that either Gremio withheld the funds so that Camille would stay with him, or more likely Camille began to fall for Gremio and the bill became much less important to her.

Alternate Scene if you choose to kill Millich

If you are so inclined to kill Millich rather then keep him as a SoD then the person who delivers the deathblow, is Camille. Not Tir who owe's Gremio his life a few times over...not Cleo Gremio's longtime friend, but Camille.

Camille's Reaction to Gremio's death

Camille quotes the debt collectors motto when you first meet her "I'll collect from your grave!" yet Camille reacts to Gremio's death very emotionally. She threaten's Tir that Gremio's death mustn't be in vein. As a Debt Collector Camille would'v placed the debt on Tir's lap and expected payment, however she never mention's the money, only that Gremio can not have died in vein. This leads me to believe that Camille came to care for Gremio a great deal, enough that he became more important then her job.

Camille See's Gremio's Cause through to the end

After Gremio dies Camille remains a comitted member of the Liberation Army. The bill is never brought up again. It would take very strong fealings to cause some1 to abandon their profession.

Camille's Ending and Konami Official Info

Camille's ending has her remain in Gregminster and becomes one of Toran's Six Great Generals. Konami's official ending of suikoden has Gremio resurrected and on a journey with Tir. While this may not seem to have a connection, Camille knows Gremio must accompany Tir and likewise know that their travels will one day lead them back to Gregminster (as they do in S2) and she remains in Gregminster in a prominant position in the Army waiting for her love's return.

And in Suikoden 2
When you return to Gregminster (ironicly where Camille has made her home) for the first time in Gremio's life, he decides to stay behind and let Tir run off on his own (when you go back to recruit him). I wonder what motivated Gremio to stay in Gregminster and not take part in the Young Masters newest Adventure...
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

nice work, you've got my vote. Initially, Camille joined to army so she can stick to Gremio until the debt got paid. After that, your theory might apply.
Strategy is the key to victory!
Rivera

Post by Rivera »

I've always heard a rumor, and hopefully someone more in the know than I am will confirm or deny this one, but the rumor is that Camille, and also I think Warren were initially created to have larger parts and more dialogue in the original Suikoden, but these scenes/parts were minimized due to time deadline and/or space constraints, and that this also explains how come these two characters who seemed to have such "minimal" roles in the game managed to land such important positions in the Toran Republic at the end of the game. Perhaps some of the left-out dialogue had more to do with the relationship between Camille and Gremio.

Also, for Suikoden IV players, Rachel seems to have the same sort of relationship growing with Cedric (who much like Gremio, is a target in debt), and it seems that Rachel may be an ancestor of Camille's (both are debt collectors, with that same red hair, and insane "I'll collect from your grave" determination, under the same Star of Destiny and wield the same weapon)
What is most important to you? Will you give me the happiness of taking it away from you?
Fu Su Lu

Post by Fu Su Lu »

:shock: Wow, it is a nice theory.
I´d like to believe it, cause is obvious Gremio was a litlle too devoted to young master; but that theory would mean Gremio had his own life...
Even could be a suggestion for a suikogaiden:gremio´s secret life...

scary

:lol: :lol:

seriously,nice work
Humphrey

Post by Humphrey »

i like theory you have a lot of evedence to prove it too
Raftrider

Post by Raftrider »

I don't think I can believe they became lovers, but I could understand if Camille developed a fondness for Gremio while waiting for his bill.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

It'd be nice if they developed a fondness for each other though, since it would be yet another connection to Rachel and Camille. Rachel seems to have a supressed crush on Cedric in IV and Tactics.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

They both seem to have fallen for blonds as well. Just something I noticed.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Relisus

Post by Relisus »

Very well thought out my friend. I would have to agree that your theory is a good possibility and one that I agree with. I would have really liked to see Camille's and Warren's bigger parts :(
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

well.. now that I think about it.. why didn't Gremio follow Young Master when he goes with Riou?? He follows Young Master everywhere! I found my answer why Gremio doesn't follow Tir no more. It is because he had this little relationship going on!! I'm just joking... nice theory.. I somewhat disagree that they became lover but I like the theory though.. this is like a joke to me :D
Nick Bruiser
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

I'm not sure about lovers. But I would prefer them to be dismissed as close friends. Camille joined the entourage early on the game. In fact, she joined during the quest to liberate Toran Castle from that bloody Zombie Dragon.

Since then, Camille was in the Liberation Army ever since, on the pretext of keeping an eye on Gremio. I would think their friendship grew from there, as you can see that entire Liberation Army are made from different groups of people. Tai Ho has Yam Khoo and Kimberly, Varkas fondles with Sydonia, Pahn has Cleo, Kirkis has Stallion and that female elves, the ex-imperials, and heck, EVEN MATHIU has APPLE!!! So, I would assume Camille and Gremio would develop into good friends during the war and even after the war, I'm sure they are good friends.