something on leknaat

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Wicked_Rune_Bearer

something on leknaat

Post by Wicked_Rune_Bearer »

just wondering I thought about how on S1 Leknaat says after she resarects (sorry I know my spelling is horrible) gremio that she can only do it once. Does anyone know if that is once for Tir or once in her lifetime. that is something that I just can't quite figure out and it really makes me wonder.
A rpg-suikoden site that lets you choose your character and basically play suikoden on your computer as if it was on your ps console
http://z14.invisionfree.com/Suikoden_Legends
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

It can only be done once. For all intents and purposes, this means that what happened to Gremio can never ever happen again.
Stan

Post by Stan »

She had her true rune for so long, why didn't she use it on someone she knew from her village?
POSITVE THOUGHT FOR THE DAY.
When you feel that nobody loves you,
nobody cares for you,
everyone is ignoring you,
and people are jealous of you.
You should really ask yourself....
Am I TOO sexy?
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Stan wrote:She had her true rune for so long, why didn't she use it on someone she knew from her village?
Because she needed the combined power of the 108 stars to ressurect anybody. She didn't have that at her village, so couldn't ressurect anyone.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Stan

Post by Stan »

Thank you for clearing that up for me, Chris_lightfellow. It was always on my mind!
nobody cares for you,
Am I TOO sexy?
RVallant

Post by RVallant »

I think Leknaat may have intentionally or accidently given Tir the best gift he could possibly have.

Unless I'm missing something here, by reviving Gremio she is in essence giving Tir a friend and gaurdain who is immune to the soul eater. My point is, the Soul Eater already took Gremio, I don't see why the Soul Eater would need to re-take it considering that the spell unlocked by Gremio hasn't been removed and the Soul eater hasn't weakened in any respect due to his revision.

I could be wrong, but that's the way I see it as making sense, since if Gremio's immune at least Tir isn't going to go the way of Ted and Aldo in a sense... (Considering Ted's rune was fully spelled up and still managed to bring death to Aldo right?)

Excuse my rusty memory =)
Stan

Post by Stan »

RVallant wrote:I think Leknaat may have intentionally or accidently given Tir the best gift he could possibly have.

Unless I'm missing something here, by reviving Gremio she is in essence giving Tir a friend and gaurdain who is immune to the soul eater. My point is, the Soul Eater already took Gremio, I don't see why the Soul Eater would need to re-take it considering that the spell unlocked by Gremio hasn't been removed and the Soul eater hasn't weakened in any respect due to his revision.

I could be wrong, but that's the way I see it as making sense, since if Gremio's immune at least Tir isn't going to go the way of Ted and Aldo in a sense... (Considering Ted's rune was fully spelled up and still managed to bring death to Aldo right?)

Excuse my rusty memory =)
I totaly forgot that Aldo was taken by the Soul Eater, maybe Ted got another spell or it made the ones he got even stronger by taking another soul.
nobody cares for you,
Am I TOO sexy?
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

The Soul Eater could take Gremio again if the situation allows for it or Tir has not mastered it yet. It is pretty indiscriminate as to who it takes as long as the person is close to the bearer and there is no one closer to Tir than Gremio. I bet that may be the reason that Tir is suffering so much. We didn't see any evidence that Ted suffered like Tir did and I believe it is because Ted never let anyone close to him until Tir and dun dun, he died.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

The only thing we know about Aldo's death is that is was due to a "mysterious incident". All indicators point at the Soul Eater, but that's not necessarily true.
Crowley's_Apprentice
Banned User

Post by Crowley's_Apprentice »

If it was the soul eater, Aldo could have been the soul it needed to upgrade to the instant death spells rather than the crappy life sucker spells.
"Giggity Giggity Giggity!!!"--Glen Quagmire
"Victory is mine!"--Stewie Griffin
"Oh that's just nastee..."--Cleveland
"...evil monkey living in my closet..."--Chris Griffin
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Crowley's_Apprentice wrote:If it was the soul eater, Aldo could have been the soul it needed to upgrade to the instant death spells rather than the crappy life sucker spells.
wow, I never thought of that!

thats great thinking crowley
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

yea, Aldo lost his life to the Soul eater after following Ted. It's not that "mysterious" as Jeane and Viki's disappearance after evey game. hehe
His death definitely had a connection with Ted from the 108 star ending note.

I doubt the Soul Eater can take Gremio's life again. Gremio's soul has been already incorporated into the True rune's history. Remeber the scene when Wendy tries to take the soul eater one last time after the final battle? The soul eater summoned power/resistance, showing the 4 casualities and one of them was Gremio. Techincally(if you get 108 stars), Gremio is alive when this happens.

it's something i can't justify now, but i'll come up with something when i have a clear head.
Strategy is the key to victory!
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

If you recall, Leknaat used the power of her Gate Rune and the influence of the 108 Stars of Destiny to open a gate to a period in time just before Gremio was consumed by the spores and everything went black. So, technically his soul was not consumed by the Soul Eater at all.

And I believe that being apart of the Soul Eater's memory is the exact reason why Gremio would be the first soul taken by the Soul Eater. It just seems interesting to me that Tir is so tormented for denying the Soul Eater and by Gremio being there it appears to only make things worst.
koriand'r

Post by koriand'r »

I thought it was oddessa was the first person whose soul was taken by the souleater during S1? What I don't fully understand is this: The gate rune has the power to connect worlds, leknaat says (I think) to bring gremio from the world of emptiness but that can't be since Gremio's soul is in the souleater and not in the otherworld. If he was brought back before he died then it would create a paradox or such or even alter events and the souleater would have been downgraded. However it could be possible that the portal opened up to one of the million worlds and picked an alternative universe Gremio altogether.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

koriand'are wrote:I thought it was oddessa was the first person whose soul was taken by the souleater during S1?
The soul eater existed long before suikoden 1, there have been other bearers of the soul eater before ted, so there's no telling how many souls were sacrificed to the soul eater. Odessa was deffinetley not the first, if anything "the First" person to be sacrificed to the soul eater{in terms of gameplay} would be aldo