Gremio hmmmm

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Gremiohiddenscar

Gremio hmmmm

Post by Gremiohiddenscar »

Ok this character has intrigued me the most, I think he plays a larger role in the suikoden series, I mean by far the two most interesting people imo are Morgan and Gremio, but what do you guys think, does Gremio play a larger role or does his story end as a guardin for the hero of suikoden 1
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

He plays a relatively small role in the big picture of things. The only thing he's known for is his participation during the Sucession War and during the Gate Rune wars as Tir's guardian. A nifty thing you might like to know, if you already don't, Gremio recieve his cross-shaped scar while rescuing Tir from one of Geil Rugner's subordinate's. One part was recieved while trying to protect Tir at Teo's mansion, the other was recieved when he went to rescue Tir.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Gremiohiddenscar

Post by Gremiohiddenscar »

that is interesting, but ok I understand that he played a small role, but i think their was a reason why leknaat brought him back to fight in the final war, and all this goes on my theory that leknaat is using the 108 stars for her own use, and gremio coming back was major part of her plan, the reason im saying this is why would leknaat use so much of power to bring back gremio??
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

She only did it so the 108 Stars of Destiny could be assembled together.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Gremio (Tenei Star)
Origin: Kirov
Position: Servant
Events: Succession War, Gate Rune Wars, Dunan Unification War
Gremio was a soldier under the command of Teo McDohl during the Succession War. However, he decided to become a servant of Teo McDohl after Teo saved his life in battle. Gremio raised the son of Teo McDohl due to his father being busy and because his mother died after giving birth to him. Thus, Gremio acted as a parent to Hero McDohl. Gremio followed Hero McDohl into the Gate Rune Wars and protected him wherever he went. He even lost his life protecting him, but was miraculously brought back to life by the powers of the Gate Rune and the 108 Stars of Destiny. After the Gate Rune Wars, Gremio left Toran with Hero McDohl, and was briefly involved with the Dunan Unification War.
That doesn't say much does it.

Does anyone know where he got his scar from and if there's any significance to it?
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Oppenheimer, you should read this thread; http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB2/viewt ... 91&start=0

One of the stories tells you about Gremio's scar(s).
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=3991

"Now I know how Gremio attained the X on his cheek. One cut from while trying to protect Tir in the Teo mansion, and the other from some random soldier's thrown blade which was actually aimed at Tir, but Gremio took the hit, at Sarady."

Edit: Nevermind.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Many thanks. I should have taken my own advice and searched for the word "scar".
Pendergast

Post by Pendergast »

Gremio's death scene was one of the most heart-wrenchingly "tragic" moments in RPG history.
Rody

Post by Rody »

I HATED the Gremio death scene. Every time I played it, I got a sick feeling, and wanted him to stay behind like Viktor said. But, no! He HAS to go!

Leknaat says she can only bring back one person, and she means that FOREVER, right? So, why would she bring back Gremio, of all people in all the time that she lives? It can't just be to have all 108 characters together for the final battle, because Yun and Jimba are dead at the end battle, and so is Kiba from 2! So there's a bit of a hole in THAT logic. They MUSt have something planned for the guy. Or else they're just stupid. Or at least, not thinking things thru. Half the time, I believe that Konami just makes crap up as they go, which does result in a messy game. But I hear they're getting better and better all the time (with the exception of 4, that is.)
How did I end up as Pang Tong?!

Don't drink and park - accidents cause people.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Rody wrote:I HATED the Gremio death scene. Every time I played it, I got a sick feeling, and wanted him to stay behind like Viktor said. But, no! He HAS to go!

Leknaat says she can only bring back one person, and she means that FOREVER, right? So, why would she bring back Gremio, of all people in all the time that she lives? It can't just be to have all 108 characters together for the final battle, because Yun and Jimba are dead at the end battle, and so is Kiba from 2! So there's a bit of a hole in THAT logic. They MUSt have something planned for the guy. Or else they're just stupid. Or at least, not thinking things thru. Half the time, I believe that Konami just makes crap up as they go, which does result in a messy game. But I hear they're getting better and better all the time (with the exception of 4, that is.)
I don't think you can only do that tihng once. They used the power of the Gate rune and the Soul Eater to revive him when the power of the Soul Eater should've been enough. Maybe the soul eater only grants one ressurection per host.

EDIT: Or since it feeds on souls of those close to the host it would weaken itself by ressurecting one of these. Maybe thats why it can only be done once. Or they mean Gremio can only be ressurected once.
Veritas

Post by Veritas »

well if its the Gremio only being revived only once with the soul eaters power, it may mean that Gremio no longer has a soul?
War solves everything, No man, no problem
~ Joseph Stalin
Buff

Post by Buff »

or it could of just left a small portion of his soul in the soul eater to maintain it's level 4 power.
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

I think over the whole suikoden story best friends arent a factor, it is the true runes and the wars.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

suikoden is based on the water margin so its all about the 108 sod but looking at every game in the series so far...relationships have always been a big factor

suiko 1= tir and gremio
suiko 2= riou and jowy
suiko 3=chris and her father, hugo and lu lu, thomas and his dad
suiko 4= Lazlo and snowe

suiko 3 is a little different but I think the main them of suikoden is the 108 sod and relation ships as well as the 27 true runes