Gremio hmmmm

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

son_michael wrote:suikoden is based on the water margin so its all about the 108 sod but looking at every game in the series so far...relationships have always been a big factor

suiko 1= tir and gremio
suiko 2= riou and jowy
suiko 3=chris and her father, hugo and lu lu, thomas and his dad
suiko 4= Lazlo and snowe

suiko 3 is a little different but I think the main them of suikoden is the 108 sod and relation ships as well as the 27 true runes
You forgot Geddoe and the original Flame Champion.
Playing Suikoden III......
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

actually, I remembered but I decided to leave him and the flame champ out of it because that didn't really seem like a special relationship because wasn't the flame champ just as close with geddoe as he was with wyatt? all the other examples had a close relationship with 1 person and geddoe didn't seem to match that criteria
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

as long as theres soul in the soul-eater, it has power. or, once a power is acheived, you keep it until it goes to someone else.
Rody

Post by Rody »

So, they used BOTH runes? I guess I forgot about that. I know she says the only once thing, though. It would be cool if she could use it once per host, as you said. But, I guess you wouldn't want it to get outta hand with the whole DBZ "bring back characters over and over again" thing.

So, what DOES she mean when she says only once?
How did I end up as Pang Tong?!

Don't drink and park - accidents cause people.
Yalan

Post by Yalan »

I don't know why she ressurected Gremio and I don't think there's a logic explanation, maybe Leknatt just wanted to grant Tir something that he wanted a lot, and at that time maybe the thing he thought was Gremio's death... or something like that....

Anyway, as much as I love Gremio's character, his kindness, his intelligence to almost every people, he was BAD ! I just don't understand how a character who survived a big war, a guy who wears an hatchet can be so damn WEAK ! I don't understand why his stats are so low seriously...
bloodytears69

Post by bloodytears69 »

If Gremio was revived by the Soul Eater, why does he still appear in the ending sequence with Windy being surrounded by Teo, Odessa and Ted? Does this also make Gremio immortal? Was he not really supposed to be revived?
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

I think that since the Soul Eater gained power from his soul, a remnant of it remained when he was revived. That's why it appears along with Teo, Odessa, and Ted.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
LGM

Post by LGM »

The fact that each hero has a best friend who runs through the beginning of the story is a plot device. If you look, nomally its the 'best friend' that directs you where to go, and speak as Tenkai's aren't really known for that trait. With a character wandering about alone, the storyline would not progress.

Note that before Gremio dies, Viktor takes the role, and the same with Jowy/Nanami.
Doo-Doo-D-Doo, Doody-Doody-Doody-D-Do....
Sickpup

Post by Sickpup »

But about Gremio, I always thought the reason he came back was because the SE and Gate Rune brought back whoever the SoDs cared about most at the time. And for most of them, that was Gremio.

Odessa would be a very good second choice. But the big difference was that Odessa's death seemed absolutly necessary for the Liberation Army. Making Tir the leading and then leading it to Victory.
"Master Flik, you are immature. But that immaturity, that honesty was something I coveted.

And I'm sure that is why Lady Odessa loved you..."
weekendwarrior

Post by weekendwarrior »

Moonbay wrote:
son_michael wrote:suikoden is based on the water margin so its all about the 108 sod but looking at every game in the series so far...relationships have always been a big factor

suiko 1= tir and gremio
suiko 2= riou and jowy
suiko 3=chris and her father, hugo and lu lu, thomas and his dad
suiko 4= Lazlo and snowe

suiko 3 is a little different but I think the main them of suikoden is the 108 sod and relation ships as well as the 27 true runes
You forgot Geddoe and the original Flame Champion.
Luc and Sarah as well.

anyway SI was pretty bad with the deaths early on. By the time i lost Pahn in the duel (hadn't levelled him up enough) i had to go back and check if i could save either him or gremio.