Viki

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Supreme_Chi

Viki

Post by Supreme_Chi »

So, am I the only one that thinks that Viki was born after the events in Suikoden III? When you meet Little Viki, she recognizes the Flame Champ and gives them "back" the blinking mirror. Meaning that the Flame Champ at some point found the blinking mirror and gave it to her. Only way this could have happened would be for the FC to have met her after the game. The way I see it, Little Viki was Viki after her first blink-gone-wrong. From that point onwards, she kept blinking through history, growing more scatterbrained as she did, which is why she didn't recognize herself as Little Viki. Little Viki seemed to be a little confused until she put two and two together, at which point she realized that things weren't going to go well for her.
I strongly believe this theory and the more I think about it the more I feel sorry for Viki. I don't know her exact age, but the difference between the two Vikis seems to be about ten years. So Viki has been blinking through time and space, unable to settle down, find her home, find A home or any long lasting relationships, unsure of where or when she is for ten years straight? No wonder she's so out of it. I'm surprised she isn't crouched in the corner talking to the wall.
SkyScorcher

Post by SkyScorcher »

That does kind of make some sense if you ignore some of the time travel quirks.
ARMEGEDDON!!!
Yubar

Post by Yubar »

yeah and young viki seemed more collected and knew more then a ditsy older viki
Chaos is all I want, The suffering the pure screams of pain is what i thirst and i aim to please this hunger
fake_flame

Post by fake_flame »

hm ... here's something :
if there's only ONE Viki in suikoden world ... i mean if Young Viki = Viki, then the big Viki should know about the Fire Bringe War as she was there when she was the Young Viki ....
-- [fAkE_fLaMe] --
Supreme_Chi

Post by Supreme_Chi »

Well, my theory works on the idea that Viki became more and more scatterbrained as she continues to blink. If you think about it, she only remembers the other wars because she blinked directly from them (i.e. she went directly from Toran to Dunan, and then from Dunan to Grasslands). If my theory is correct, then around ten years or more passed before Young Viki blinked into the wars in Toran. Now if she was randomly blinking from place to place with no concept if when or where she was for ten years straight, I personally believe that's more than enough time for her to forget the war in Suikoden III. Her memories got scrambled and mixed up (your memories would probably be mixed up also after wandering through time and place for your entire life) and this is why she is so scatterbrained when we meet her.
Asquian

Post by Asquian »

I still prefer the young viki is from another dimension quirk. WAFFU.
Sonya -cat

Great RPGs never die, they just get more expensive -Me
Supreme_Chi

Post by Supreme_Chi »

Close. My Viki Timeline:

After the events of Suikoden III - Viki is born. She receives the Blinking Mirror from the Flame Champion. Then, while young, she makes a mistake and blinks away, to...

During Suikoden III - Young Viki blinks in and sees the Flame Champ. She then "gives back" (her own words) the blinking mirror. She also notices that there is an older Viki, and that this Viki is rather dense. I forget her exact words, but they imply that she figures out that the older Viki is her future self, and that she isn't particularly thrilled by the fact (would you be?). After the war is over, Young Viki once again makes a mistake and blinks off.

Suikoden I - Viki finally appears after years of randomly blinking through time and space (note that she is significantly older than Younger Viki). All of this blinking left her without any kind of foothold and led to her becoming confused and scatterbrained. After the war she sneezes and finds herself in...

Suikoden II - Viki has blinked in directly from Toran, she even mentions that she was supposed to be at the dinner. Without anywhere else to go, she heads to Riou's castle. After the war, she sneezes and finds herself in...

Suikoden III- Viki blinks in, like before, when she was supposed to be at a dinner. Because, as I mentioned, all the blinking made her confused, she didn't recognize anyone like she did when she appeared as Young Viki. Viki is then taken to Mountain Path where she runs into Young Viki and doesn't recognize her as herself! Like I said, she's confused and scatterbrained and the more she accidently blinks the more confused she becomes.

That's my theory in a nutshell. I give some evidence in the first post, and the evidence that Viki gets more confused as she blinks can be seen by comparing Viki in all three games. She's always confused, but she definitely becomes more confused as the series progresses.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

2 counter points from my opinion:

1. The difference in stars. If they were the same, then the star wouldn't have changed because it was determined by the time she was born.

2. Giving back the Blinking Mirror to the FC (which was your only evidence) didn't really prove that she was born after the event in Suikoden 3. It might show that they met after S3, but it's possible as well that she blinked from some era into the time after S3, and then meet the FC after that instead.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Supreme_Chi

Post by Supreme_Chi »

Well, RedKilley, let me address your second point first.
2. Giving back the Blinking Mirror to the FC (which was your only evidence) didn't really prove that she was born after the event in Suikoden 3. It might show that they met after S3, but it's possible as well that she blinked from some era into the time after S3, and then meet the FC after that instead.
This is true. I guess I made an error when I said 'born after Suikoden III'. I DID actually mean to say that they MET after Suikoden III. Because of her blinking magic, you're right, we have no idea when she was actually born.

As for the stars, my personal belief was that having the two Viki's under different stars was an error on Konami's part. For the sake of argument, though, let's say that they did that on purpose.

In which case, my argument IS void. I guess it is possible that blinking around so much has not only messed up Viki, but also messed up her fate, thus changing her star. There are a lot of mysteries in the Suikoden world that we know nothing about and that seem to break the rules that Suikoden itself laid down. (i.e. Jeane) However, as much as I would like to think that, it does seem like a bit of a stretch to me.

So, in closing, I guess my theory is based on what the two Viki's having different stars actually means. Obviously, I believe my theory, so I'll be searching for ways to back it up come Suikoden IV. Until Konami makes up their minds to tell us, however, I guess we really won't know.
Archangelknux2

Post by Archangelknux2 »

Supreme_Chi wrote:Close. My Viki Timeline:

After the events of Suikoden III - Viki is born. She receives the Blinking Mirror from the Flame Champion. Then, while young, she makes a mistake and blinks away, to...

During Suikoden III - Young Viki blinks in and sees the Flame Champ. She then "gives back" (her own words) the blinking mirror. She also notices that there is an older Viki, and that this Viki is rather dense. I forget her exact words, but they imply that she figures out that the older Viki is her future self, and that she isn't particularly thrilled by the fact (would you be?). After the war is over, Young Viki once again makes a mistake and blinks off.
Where does Hellion fall into play? Remember she used to own the Blinking Mirror. Also this is another one of those true rune theories but is it possible that Viki has one half of a True blinking rune and the other half is imbedded in the Blinking Mirror? That thought just entered my head.
Your friend and mine Archangelknux2
Jewber

Post by Jewber »

i think the two vikis are two different people. i think that, yes little viki traveled through time obviously. i think its that viki was made to travel back (by older vikis second sneeze) after having given BACK the mirror by Hugo (or whoever you picked as flame champion) because he knew that little viki would be going back in time to give it to him later. hence why she said "im giving it back to you" so the mirror in itself is the time paradox, it could be just a huge circle going round and round.
SkyScorcher

Post by SkyScorcher »

Where does Hellion fall into play? Remember she used to own the Blinking Mirror.
That doesn't really matter. We could go through a timeline for the blinking mirror as well if we need to.

1) It starts off in Suikoden 1 with Hellion.
2) It's given to the Hero of Suikoden 2 from Lepant.
3) It Somehow comes into contact with the Fire Champion.
4) The Fire Champion, at some point after Suikoden 3, gives Young Viki the Mirror.
5) Young Viki sneezes herself back through time and then gives the Fire Champion the Mirror.

The only problem is point 3, when the Fire Champion encounters the Mirror without Viki going back in time to give it to him. He has to get it to give it to her to give it to him before he can give it to her. (don't think about it too much)

It's not really a Paradox since the Blinking Mirror from Suikoden 3 is from the Future... but the Original Mirror is still floating around... there are actually two blinking mirrors somewhere in the Suikoden universe at the time of Suikoden 3... and there will be two blinking mirrors up until the point that Young Viki warps back with the Original (it has to be the original).

Yah.
ARMEGEDDON!!!
Original JD

Post by Original JD »

SkyScorcher wrote:The only problem is point 3, when the Fire Champion encounters the Mirror without Viki going back in time to give it to him. He has to get it to give it to her to give it to him before he can give it to her. (don't think about it too much)
Actually, if you think about it, there isn't even a problem here. We know that the Flame Champion gets his hands on it, because Chibi-Viki gives it to him. How does he give it to her? Well, a few years after the FC wins the Second Fire Bringer War, s/he remembers what happened, and gives the Blinking Mirror to chibi-Viki to give to the FC in the past.

Just a little bit of recursion, and an infinite causality loop, but hey, who's counting?
fake_flame

Post by fake_flame »

well, here's my ... joke
all the viki's family looks like her :P
-- [fAkE_fLaMe] --
Maldonado

Post by Maldonado »

Well, since we're talking about Viki....I mean, how could we possibly know when she was born when she doesen't know that herself. But anyway, she's one of my favorite characters so as long as she keeps on appearing in every Suikoden game, I guess it really doesen't matter WHEN she was born.
Sir Maldon, the mighty knight of Greenland, bringer of fear and destruction, destroyer of wine barrels, pride of Imperial Heavily Armored Knights Special Elite Destroyer Unit, evil monsters' WORST nightmare!!!!!!!!