Viki

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
cutie_bunnie

Post by cutie_bunnie »

i like this theory, it kinda makes some sense... but how does that weird alternate universe thing come in? you know the one she accidently zapped everybody to in one of the gaidens.....
I've got a lovely batch of cocoa nuts.... HOW LOVELY!!! ^_^
fake_flame

Post by fake_flame »

i think Viki is just a girl from another planet. you know, like the planet of dragons. there is a planet where people like Viki live. and i think she is from there
-- [fAkE_fLaMe] --
lucreborn

i totally agree

Post by lucreborn »

i think the older vikki is from the future and I also think she has a true rune. and she didnt find it till around she was older. and can travel time and space, but being a ditz and not knowing how to control or use the true runes true power. maybe in suikoden 5 we will see the true rune in action.
Asquian

Post by Asquian »

i still like the merlin theory, that she ages backwards.
Sonya -cat

Great RPGs never die, they just get more expensive -Me
Giammy91

Post by Giammy91 »

I have one theory on viki and its rune:

you have noticed that to its blinking rune the last ortografa lacks?
it would have to be like in the shield rune of S3,un subordinated of a true rune (brigth shield rune ,also to it the fourth power lacks), the blinking rune is a subordinated of a true rune disowned:

shield rune:brigth shield rune=blinking rune:true blinking rune

the fourth power of// true// rune blinking would have to be the "travel in the time"
Viki must have the true version of rune so that its longevity in the time is justified from a travel in the time

perhaps you do not understand to me well but I hope of to have meant the concept
cutie_bunnie

Post by cutie_bunnie »

i do believe i understand what you're saying....

You're saying that the Blinking Rune is just a lower version of the the True Blinking Rune like the Shield Rune in S3 was just a weaker version of the Bright Shield Rune. You're also saying that the True Blinking Rune not only may permit instant travel from one place to another but also time travel. So therefore, Viki may have the True Blinking Rune (like Luc had the True Wind Rune in S2, but he had 3 rune slots for other runes) which is why Viki apears in each Suikoden at about the same age even though it is years later or earlier in the case of S4. If that's what was trying to be said then it makes sense, if not, hey i took a shot at it :D
Shirofan

Post by Shirofan »

Of all the characters so far introduced then Viki is most likely to have a True Rune; mainly because any new information about her not only fails to answer questions but also yields many more.

This is not to say that she does hold one as there could be any number of explanations for Viki, and in this case nonsensical ones have the same chance as well thought out ones.

It however is unlikely that she would hold the True Blinking Rune as that would be a fairly impotent True Rune. Many True Rune bearers, and even high level mages without one, have been able to teleport naturally; as such the ability is too generic too be represented at such a high level.

If you are going to ascribe a True Rune to Viki to explain things then at least come up with one that is more likely to exist:

The Rune of Time would explain several aspects, especially little Viki.
The Rune of Memory would explain why she can't seem to focus on anything.
Even the possibility of the Rune of Change works better, and could allow her to change size and star; although that should be visible on her forehead if it were correct.

There are others; some substantial, some more esoteric that could work. People could easily make a list longer than that of the remaining True Rune slots with good reasons; and a much larger one with bad or no reasoning whatsoever.

People generally deride the Dragon Rune as currently the weakest conceptually; a True Blinking Rune would be lower on the scale than that.
cutie_bunnie

Post by cutie_bunnie »

well actually it was more like a generic name as opposed to an actual True Rune, it doesn't sound as sensable to say the True Time and Space Rune, it just sounds weird. I'm sure it has another name but to just get the point across in the explanation, that name was used.
Juanan

Post by Juanan »

I would like to know something: the star you are depends on yhe day or many other things. If that´s the case i think originally there was ONE Viki but something happened and was divided in two parts the young with a brain but with a child body and the older with no brain. Please forgive my english writing it´s not as easy as reading :oops:
Mytch

Post by Mytch »

Might aswell throw my Viki theory into the pot...

This involves several assumptions, but makes sense to me.
Viki seems to make a habit of popping in at important parts of history. From Suikoden I's endings she teleported away during the party, and appeared in Suikoden II saying "Where did my meal go?" which could be assumed as she teleported directly from the celebration of the founding of the Toran republic to the woods near Matilda skipping several years in between.

It is my belief that the young viki in S3 isn't Viki at all, but another in her likeness, or a twin. Being why only younger Viki has any clue what time it is is because she was the cause of a lot of this mess. I don't remember the entire story, but the blinking rune I believe is a child of the Gate rune, which exists in two parts similar the rune of beginning. Those being the front and back. My belief (and assumption) is that the blinking rune Viki wields is actually one part of the Gate rune, and younger Viki posses the other half, which would of had to of been obtained when the two had gathered, or settled perhaps, in the gate rune clan when it was attacked, which would be possible as it would be one of the few places Viki could actually feel understood.
The younger Viki being too young to realize this. Somehow something happened that the younger Viki was allowed to age, which there is no explination that I have as reason for this. Being as Viki has a tendency to bounce from place to place and time to time she eventually runs across a history she's already seen before. During this time period she would of had to gain some common sense and insight on life (aswell as a strong hand on magical abilities). She then uses her knowledge of events to project herself as a "profit" of sorts, and changes her name to avoid anyone figuring it out. The same basic story goes for little Viki.
Specifically, these names being Leknaat and Windy.

There are still several holes in this. I think for them to actually travel through time they would need the parts of the true rune, so how they manage to get to the gate rune village is still in the air, and at that point they would have to have some understanding of the rune to control it, but this would explain the seemingly random bounces (or maybe fate?).
Chin Chou

My theory

Post by Chin Chou »

I think Viki can travel through time.
Why?
Let's go back to Richmond(Suikoden II).
If you check one of Viki's secrets it'll say:

"Could it be teleport shock? She said that just before she came here, she
was celebrating the birth of the Toran Republic. But that was 3 years ago."

So it means that she can teleport through time.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Viki travelling through time isn't a theory at all.

She does travel through time, but it's completely accidental.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chin Chou

Post by Chin Chou »

Yes.
But I backed it up ^__^,;
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

But it's already a fact stated by Konami.

Thus, it needs no evidence.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chin Chou

Post by Chin Chou »

Ah,okay.
Thanks,I guess..