Viki

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
lucreborn

Post by lucreborn »

[quote="Shirofan"]Of all the characters so far introduced then Viki is most likely to have a True Rune; mainly because any new information about her not only fails to answer questions but also yields many more.

This is not to say that she does hold one as there could be any number of explanations for Viki, and in this case nonsensical ones have the same chance as well thought out ones.

It however is unlikely that she would hold the True Blinking Rune as that would be a fairly impotent True Rune. Many True Rune bearers, and even high level mages without one, have been able to teleport naturally; as such the ability is too generic too be represented at such a high level.

If you are going to ascribe a True Rune to Viki to explain things then at least come up with one that is more likely to exist:

The Rune of Time would explain several aspects, especially little Viki.
The Rune of Memory would explain why she can't seem to focus on anything.
Even the possibility of the Rune of Change works better, and could allow her to change size and star; although that should be visible on her forehead if it were correct.

There are others; some substantial, some more esoteric that could work. People could easily make a list longer than that of the remaining True Rune slots with good reasons; and a much larger one with bad or no reasoning whatsoever.

People generally deride the Dragon Rune as currently the weakest conceptually; a True Blinking Rune would be lower on the scale than that.[/quote]

Na if it is a true Blinking Rune i think it would be a little higher than that. Hey the rune of change isnt that the sindar's rune. That would be messed up if she was the leader and got clonked on the head and forgot everything. So thats way they no longer exsist lol joke. :lol: But rune of change would be really cool. But the rune i think would have two lovel powers u know like the fire ----> rage rune where its two levels up. and the two knew spells would be (dont know the names but explanation is better) one would be like a stampede were a bunch of animals would sampede through the enimies with a 5000 attack(ok that is kinda goofy)
and the other would be ok heres a name "Time Gate" where it would bring a supernateral being to there kinda like blue gate runes final spell, and do 7500 damage.

Thats the jist of my theory. maybe shes just a darn good teleporter if not then :D
Griff

Post by Griff »

I think it could just be a bit simpler than all of that.

Simply put: Traveling through time, especially accidentally can really...really ahve some odd side effects. However, it does not take away from the overall cuteness of her character.

So she is ditzy...and doesn't ALWAYS blink you where you ask. That is what makes her...Viki.

I have to admit when "little Viki" was introduced I was just lost. Totally lost. So I blame it all on how complex time travel is. I mean isn't it simply possible that Viki as a young girl and Viki as an adult woman both teleported to the same time at the same...time...LoL
LGM

Post by LGM »

Does anyone think its strange that only Viki and Jeane appear in every Suikoden? Here are a few theories why:

1: Viki and Jeane are both useful plot devices one with the ability to cut out all those boring long treks, the other with the ability to give you power to defeat the toughest of foes.

2: The staff of Suikoden have crushes on these two characters.

3: Their mysteries are genuinely interesting, so they appear each time.

4: They are continuum embodiement. One equalling time, the other space: you need both in each suikoden as the universe would collapse without them.

Oh my, I think thats one of those theories with no proof whatsoever :wink:
Doo-Doo-D-Doo, Doody-Doody-Doody-D-Do....
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

Leknaat has also appeared in every game so far.
Whats your opinion on censorship? ... **** censorship!
[King Fliktor] [Axiose, my Dæmon]
Kaka_Koshi

Post by Kaka_Koshi »

Little Viki is actually Viki's child...............
lol.... it could be true... >.>

That would explain somethings...........................like why older Viki doesnt recognise younger Viki because it hasent happened yet. Although since Viki is Blinking to another time all the time, it might not be possible unless there was a point where she stopped doing it.

Yea.... that theory sucked lol

And Viki 4 life~
lol
LGM

Post by LGM »

Another theory: Could Viki possibly be Leknaat? The blinking mirror is essentially a doorway, just like the gate rune. Viki has been moving around in time and could possibly arrive at a point where she takes the name Leknaat. That may be why Leknaat can see the future-she's already experienced it as Viki. Plus they look alike.

This may also connect why Konami are fond of putting Viki in every game.
Doo-Doo-D-Doo, Doody-Doody-Doody-D-Do....
Flame Champion

Post by Flame Champion »

no....because they appear in the same rooms several times in the series. an example would be when you have the 108 stars in the war room in Suikoden 2, and Leknaat comes to unlock Riou's final spell and talk to you. although Viki has no regard for the laws of physics as it is, that seems ridiculous
Poolyxpop

Post by Poolyxpop »

This could just mean that Viki is, really, from the distant past and comes forward in time before she knows of her existance as Leknaat.

This would also explain why Luc would not be able to recognize Viki as Leknaat, since this Viki is a much, much younger person compared to the Leknaat he was trained under.
Dura Sinai

Post by Dura Sinai »

I can't buy the Viki is Leknaat thing. While we have seen two realities of the same person exist in the third game's timeline, absolutely no indication has been given that these two are teh same and up to now Leknaat has not reacted in any way to Viki. Also as far as being physically similar....... they have black hair. Leknaat does not appear to be all that much older than big Viki, namely because she is immortal and she was in all likelyhood a young woman when she inherited her half of the gate rune. Viki really doesn;t look all that much like leknaat save the dark hair.

Actually I like the idea of Viki's mind being crossed over from the multiple time jumps. Particularly as it seems she has imperfect control of this ability she often has no clue where she seems to have appeared and thus confusing her further.

I do think Viki in all likelyhood COULD be a true rune bearer of some kind. While blinking magic and general teleportation has been seen from multiple people including Leknaat, Windy, Luc, Sasarai, Sarah and such..... none of them have been able to jump through time to the best of anyone's knowledge. Again, Viki can't exactly control this ability to the greatest extent, but it is certainly something that is far beyond the typical boundaries of a sorceror as we have seen in the suikoden universe.

If Viki was the leader of the Sinday/Cyndar, however people at konami opt to romanize it at any given time......... Are they wandering at this point or they might simply be extinct if Viki is any example of what they are like. :)

But she's still adorable. Even when she teleports a mediocre party to Caleria when you are trying to GET little Viki and the blinking mirror. She's at least a nice ditz.
Makumaku

Post by Makumaku »

I have a question.

If Viki was involved in Suikoden I, and knew of Tir, then why doesn't she talk to him when you meet him in Suikoden II? If you bring characters from Suikoden I to meet Tir, they all say something to him, but Viki doesn't. Wouldn't she remeber Tir and say something to him? Like, why she vanished all of a sudden?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

She does say something. This is from another thread in the Suikoden II forum.
Viki:
"Ah!! McDohl!!
G, good afternoon!!
??????????
Oh, oh yeah, this is..."
That's what she says whenever you put her in the right slot to prompt dialogue from her whenever you first meet Tir in Suikoden Two.
Jayricho

Post by Jayricho »

Jowy Atreides wrote:She does say something. This is from another thread in the Suikoden II forum.
Viki:
"Ah!! McDohl!!
G, good afternoon!!
??????????
Oh, oh yeah, this is..."
That's what she says whenever you put her in the right slot to prompt dialogue from her whenever you first meet Tir in Suikoden Two.
Plus, in Viki's letter in the suggestion box she mistakes Riou for McDohl.