does they have a wife after journey?

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
williate

Post by williate »

Yes, he does
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Tsai went back to his wife and child and lived happily ever after.
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

Quick off topic question: Where exactly is Tsai's home, or more simply... where is he from?
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Although Suikosource's character list doesn't say it, Richmond's investigations state that Tsai and Tomo are both from Ryube.
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

Ah, the game makes it seem like Tomo travelled here from somewhere farther away. Amazing how Tomo and her mother survived Luca's raid.
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Tomo and her mom probably weren't living in Ryube, they were just born there. They probably moved away when Tsai became too devoted to spearmanship and not to his family.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

Tsai does go back to his family at the end of suiko 2. Tengaar is waiting for Hix's proposal. What happened to their story?
Strategy is the key to victory!
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

I'm sure they both returned to the Warrior Village but she was still waiting for Hix's proposal.
Whats your opinion on censorship? ... **** censorship!
[King Fliktor] [Axiose, my Dæmon]
3RW!N

Post by 3RW!N »

is not necessarili that they have a lonely life, remenber hugo he go back to the karayan clan for rebuilde him with all his friends.

and chris she was not alone she had all his knigths, they are like a family for her
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

I never said that they didn't have happy endings with familys - Hugo and Chris go back to their respective people and rebuild and restart their homes.

But there isn't a rule that says at the end of the games that the heroes live happily ever after - they can live in pain and torment as well - as Tir did.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

Tir went fishing after suikoden 1, what are you talking about? he still hangs around with Gremio, etc. He's enjoying some parts of life but lives in agony because the soul-eater rune is torturing him 24/7.
Strategy is the key to victory!
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

He fished around Banner village - whilst being so close to Toran, he didn't return to visit the McDohl house. Germio guarded him to make sure no random people could see him.

He lived in guilt and didn't really have a happy life. Fishing doesn't mean he was happy.

Suikoden endings don't have a happy ending with people getting married and being paired off. While it may happen, it's certainly the generic type of ending.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Agreed. I would hardly call him happy just because he was fishing. To me, Tir and most of the True Rune bearers seemed on the verge of killing themselves, nearly all of them exhibiting signs of depression. I doubt he enjoys any part of his life, due to his psychological state of being.
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

I imagine the fishing really just involved him sitting down, reflecting/thinking about his life. Somewhere quiet to be alone.
Sun of a Studio

Post by Sun of a Studio »

I think Tir is just kind of content like Fliktor sort of touched on. He probably just kinda sits there, not really upset or happy just normal and having an ok time fishing.

One thing the Konami does that annoys me is that the characters never get together. Some do but not the ones you want to. Eilie and Riou (hero2) never get together. Jaques never seems to have a relationship with Aila, and Tir, of course, doesn't get together with anyone although it'd be tough to find someone who has feelings for him. It's like Konami is afraid of a happy resolve with that cheesy happy ending that feels good once in awhile. I'd hate to ever be the leading character in a Suikoden game but being Fred would own.
"If you can laugh at yourself everytime you fall down, people will think you're drunk"-Conan