Sarah's Pale Gate Spell

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Emmanuel

Sarah's Pale Gate Spell

Post by Emmanuel »

I was wondering about how Sarah cast pale gate spells. Could it be because she made the rune into a scroll or something? And she just used it as an item?
Emmanuel
Crowley's_Apprentice
Banned User

Post by Crowley's_Apprentice »

Actually, she can use runes still in crystal form. *wish I could do that*
"Giggity Giggity Giggity!!!"--Glen Quagmire
"Victory is mine!"--Stewie Griffin
"Oh that's just nastee..."--Cleveland
"...evil monkey living in my closet..."--Chris Griffin
Emmanuel

Post by Emmanuel »

Crowley's_Apprentice wrote:Actually, she can use runes still in crystal form. *wish I could do that*
In the game? I am trying to get the 6th POV now. I am at Chris's chapter 3. After this whole thing. I could use Sarah, Luc and Yuber. COOL. Haha.
So Sarah could use the the runes in the inventory?
Emmanuel
Crowley's_Apprentice
Banned User

Uh... I don't think for gameplay purposes, but for plot purposes *hey mods! Am I even on the right track here?*
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Crowley's_Apprentice wrote:Uh... I don't think for gameplay purposes, but for plot purposes *hey mods! Am I even on the right track here?*
What right track?are you trying to become a Mod?
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

I think he was merely looking for verification as to whether he was correct in his statements or not
I hope everything is going delicious.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

O then yes he is correct.Sarah knows some Cyndar techniques wich enables her to cast spells while in their crystals.For example she can use the True Runes in their TR crystals as seen in S3.She can also speak Cyndar and was born with her Flowing RUne.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

She doesn't really speak Sindarin (as in conversationally), she just chants
their language to cast spells. I don't think anyone actually uses Sindarin in a conversational sense other than the Sindars themselves. It could be like
Hieroglyphics, where no one actually speaks it, it's just written.
Crowley's_Apprentice
Banned User

Ok cool. I was indeed correct :D
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Actually, Sarah is confirmed to be able to speak Sindarin since birth. It's one of her mysteries along with her being born with a Flowing Rune, and one of the reasons why she was used by Harmonia.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

I was thinking she was a reincarnated Sindarin or somthing...It made sense..
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Has she ever used the language outside of chants? Do we even know if people actually speak it, or if they just use Sindarin for chants?
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Jowy Atreides wrote:Has she ever used the language outside of chants? Do we even know if people actually speak it, or they just use Sindarin for chants?
Its pretty obvious that there is a Sindarin toung and it does seem that Sarah can read and chant sindarin and because of that she might be able to use sindarin in a conversational sense but why do that if no one can understand you...
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

In order to conjur magic, one must perform a chant that is in Sindarin. The ability to chant a magic spell may be granted once the rune is embedded into the flesh of the spell caster. Hence, they may only temporarily gain the ability to chant in Sindarin while the rune is embedded into their flesh.

Although, Sarah is a true sorceress. It is obvious that she can perform magic without the aid of runic powers. Therefore, she may be able to speak Sindarin, but I do not recall her saying anything in Sindarin outside of conjuring a spell. But, Sindarin language is a lost and ancient gorm. Just because Sarah and other magicians can chant it doesn't mean they can use it conversationally. It is very possible that the only remnants of that ancient language appears in spell casting.
Truewindrune

Post by Truewindrune »

demon eye wrote:In order to conjur magic, one must perform a chant that is in Sindarin. The ability to chant a magic spell may be granted once the rune is embedded into the flesh of the spell caster. Hence, they may only temporarily gain the ability to chant in Sindarin while the rune is embedded into their flesh.

Although, Sarah is a true sorceress. It is obvious that she can perform magic without the aid of runic powers. Therefore, she may be able to speak Sindarin, but I do not recall her saying anything in Sindarin outside of conjuring a spell. But, Sindarin language is a lost and ancient gorm. Just because Sarah and other magicians can chant it doesn't mean they can use it conversationally. It is very possible that the only remnants of that ancient language appears in spell casting.
do u mean in order to cast a spell without runes,one must say it in sindarin language? and is that what it's called sorcery? sorcery isn't an ordinary magic it is more powerful, only a few high class magician could cast it, sarah is one of them. Joker said that at karaya village.

BTW,is sarah's magic phantom same as windy's monster? because they are both calling monster from another world, but sarah didn't use any runes, she's just use her magic skill,now is this what it called sorcery?