Jeane/Viki theory

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
executorofbalance

Post by executorofbalance »

well, we're sure Jeane doesn't have a true rune, because when Lilly and Jeane go in the bath together in GS III, she searches all over her for aone, but to no avail.
"Even if I close my eyes, the world will not dissapear."
Leebot

Post by Leebot »

Remember that it's possible to conceal a true rune. In the same game, Geddoe and Yuber both kept their true runes concealed (in Geddoe's case, until he was ready to reveal it).
Falenan_descent

Post by Falenan_descent »

Remember that it's possible to conceal a true rune. In the same game, Geddoe and Yuber both kept their true runes concealed (in Geddoe's case, until he was ready to reveal it).
While that is indeed very true...I believe Konami OFFICIALLY stated that Jeane doesn't have a true rune. I think. If someone could back me up on that, that'd be awesome.
Leebot

Post by Leebot »

Falenan_descent wrote:While that is indeed very true...I believe Konami OFFICIALLY stated that Jeane doesn't have a true rune. I think. If someone could back me up on that, that'd be awesome.
Hmm, I remember hearing about that as well, but I've never seen the actual statement by them. I'll reserve judgment until I at least hear from someone who's sure about it (if I can't see the source itself or it's in Japanese).
executorofbalance

yeah but no one checked Geddoe's body while he was bathing.. or Yuber for that matter
soonket

Post by soonket »

mayb konami nvr stated that but jeane is the one tellin the investigators that konami stated that lmao haahaha
Yuber: I look better in black armor and you know it! Why do you make me look like Michael Jackson instead ?!
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Hmm, I'm not sure...

We know Jeane doesn't have a True Rune on her, but do we know *what* she is?

I have a (most likely flawed) theory on Jeane: She's a True Rune.

We know she has a "true form" that animals can detect, we know that she's especially masterful when it comes to runes (and all magic, for that matter), she is boasted as being able to "force" True Runes onto bearers, and is easily distinguished as being a powerful entity by other people (Zerase for one).

On the side of True Runes: we know that they have a polarized will of their own, mostly due to the nature of the rune itself. We know that they can take different forms (Night Rune being the Zodiac Sword) and we know that they can allow themselves to be modified and/or changed (sharpening the Zodiac Sword as opposed to being able to wield runes).

How this all comes together is mostly the point where she can "force" True Runes. Such a power takes either a massive amount of knowledge, skill, and power (Sindar or Harmonian) or the ability to communicate with the True Rune that is being forced upon a bearer, such as the True Runes seem to be able to do.

If anything, Jeane could be the manifestation of the will of a True Rune that has yet to be revealed. Just as the Zodiac Sword comes off as being a pain in the ass, Jeane's seductive and utterly polarizing effect on men (and women) could be the will of another rune.

As for the "Being born a star of destiny", the myth of creation always states that the True Runes are "born" from the clash between the Sword and the Shield. The fact that she's occupied the same Star for well over 175 years without any proof of being able to "Blink" is quite revealing, too. One would think that if there was a "Jeane" family that they would be born under different stars with each passing generation (Yoshino/Freed Y --> Sanae Y)
Formerly known as: Gothann
executorofbalance

it seems this topic has swung focus on only Jeane and no longer Viki :wink:
Leebot

Post by Leebot »

LanceHeart wrote:One would think that if there was a "Jeane" family that they would be born under different stars with each passing generation (Yoshino/Freed Y --> Sanae Y)
On the other hand, there's Milia -> Sharon and Meg -> Belle who did share the same stars. Either way, it seems that the stars are based more on a person's personality and role than on family line. Since the possibly different Jeanes we saw played the same role and have roughly the same personality, it would make sense for them to have the same star. (This isn't to say I buy the theory that it's all a family thing; this seems like too much a cop-out and doesn't mesh with what we know from Suiko 3.)
Baggy

Post by Baggy »

My theory on Jeane is that she is not human, and that there are no multiple jeane's. Animals can see her true form, which means that what we are seeing is not her true form. (perhaps the form we see is a result of the charm rune?) This is just wild speculation, I don't have any proof, but it could be that she is a god(dess) or the incarnation of a true rune. I believe that she plays some larger part than we can speculate at this point, a result of her coincidentally being in the right place at the right time for all of these convergences of the stars. We know that Leknaat is usually involved in these convergences behind the scenes, so could it be Jeane is similarly involved in pulling the strings more directly?

And as for Viki, I think all of the viki's are the same, including young viki. If every time the stars of destiny converge they are assigned a star, than it would be predestined for young viki to be involved, and hence upon her entrance into our time/dimension she would be assigned her own star (which coincidentally is similar in nature to older viki's). The different personality thing causes some confusion, but I think that perhaps that is an effect of the rune. Perhaps the rune has a degenerative effect on her brain, and young viki's knows this, but can do nothing about it. Or it could be some single event that has happened viki's life that reduced her to the bumbling fool she becomes (traumatic or injurious) and young viki knows it is coming. I don't know, but I do think they are the same person.
Madame Zhang

Re: Jeane/Viki theory

Post by Madame Zhang »

I still hold to the solid theory that the blinking rune Viki possesses is a true rune and that she's being transferred from major war to major war by it, with memory loss as an obvious side-effect (to possibly prevent missuse?)
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

except.. Viki remembers almost everything, she's just an airhead. Viki does not remember landing on Lorelai in Suikoden V - it's either been too long or the Suikoden V Viki hasn't done it yet (?). but she remembers Luc in Suikoden III and where she was / what she was doing before she sneezed and teleported to the next game/story.
Destiny

Post by Destiny »

i think of jeane maybe she is really hikusaak in disguise and secretly monitoring the bearers of the true runes or its whereabouts..

as for Viki my theory on her is that frequent use of her teleportation powers causes her "airheadness" :lol:
Harv

Post by Harv »

Hello, I am a newbie to these forums as you probably know, and felt it was necessary to include my two bits regarding Jeane and Viki.

As for Jeane something I didn't notice being touched on was a message in the Suikoden II cook-off portion if Jeane was a judge. During Fu Tan Chen's description for Jeane he said something along the lines of "A horrible fate awaits any man who discoveres the secret beneath her lips." Which basically reaffirms the belief that she is some sort on non-human, old hag, or possibly a demon character that feeds off of attractive young men or something crazy to be able to maintain the Charm Rune, it's hard to say.

As for the case of Young Viki/ Elder Viki as being the same person. I don't think that them being different stars has any bearing on that, since in Suikoden II Valeria and Kasumi can both be selected in which I would presume under the same star, I can't recall since I normally choose Kasumi. Regardless, my point is that if they both are the same star, how exactly could they both join you in Suikoden I? Since one or the other would have to be a certain star. Even if they were put under their exact same star in Suikoden II as they were in I, then it would still cause another character in II to be changed to another star to accomidate them. To summerize that ramble, basically I'm saying that no matter what you do, somebody in Suikoden I or II could be under different stars depending on the player's decision, so that's why I believe both Viki's are the same person.

Anyways, I hope I was clear on my theory.
Silver Dragon Flik

Post by Silver Dragon Flik »

Maybe this has been said already but I don't feel like reading 11 pages. But they also happen to choose the winning side :P