Jeane/Viki theory

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Wraith

Jeane/Viki theory

Post by Wraith »

This is a new theory I thought of.
First of all lets review the facts.

Viki comes from another dimension.She has great powers over teleportation and her Blinking Rune.In some weird way she even travels through time (she doesn't have it under control though).In suikoden 3 we see Young Viki.Young Viki has a different star.Elder VIki has 'The Quick Star' and Young Viki has 'The Star of Haste' wich seems like to resemble eachother. This shows that they are not the same person(it could be that they are the same but at this time I think they are not).

Jeane is a strange women with a charm rune that she uses to seduce men.She has great power over magic(especially thunder magic) and is a Rune Mistress.It is confirmed that she does not have a True Rune.
It has been said by someone in Konami that Jeane comes from a familie with all the same names and faces.If this is true than its a big coinsidence that they occupie the same star.

Now this is my theory.
Jeane in Suikoden 2 is the same as in Suikoden 1.This is not that unprobable.However the Jeane in suikoden 3 and 4 are then NOT the same person but just happen to have the same star.

Now I began to think that Viki also comes from a familie with the same name and face.This would mean that the Waffu could be a dimension that has a race of people with different clans and all clans have the same name and face(The Jeane clan would all look the same and the Viki clan would also all look the same).

Things that disprove the theroy are: The fact that Jeane seems to remember Lilly during the bath scene.however the scene doesn't really prove that she remembers her.

Another thing is the bath scene with Viki in SUikoden 4.However again the scene only proved that Viki remembers JEane and not in reverse.

THats it.
Belle

Post by Belle »

Huh, that's odd, 'cause last night when I was playing S3, I was wondering if there could be a whole race of Vikis, too.
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

Viki remembered Jeane because she teleported back in time, so that she would still have her memories of Jeane but Jeane wouldn't have met her yet.
Purr.
Night

Post by Night »

There is also the problem that the image of Jeane that we see isn't her true image, or at least it isn't in Suikoden III. So unless the Jeane clan has the ability to all resemble a single image (which woul be a kinda random skill), it seems pretty unlikely that such a clan exists. Plus, there's been no mention of Jeane having come from a different dimension (as with Viki).

However, I think there is a lot of logic behind the Viki argument. But for some reason that doesn't strike me as a direction Konami would take with it. But it has strength nonetheless.
syun_ukiya

Post by syun_ukiya »

i already accepted that jeane from 1 and 2 is not the same jeane in 3 and 4.. because it makes sense since its a known fact that she doesn't have a true rune.

as for viki. i wanted to believe that young viki and big viki are the same.. because it would be cool if they are. but big viki is a flip and young viki is smart. i think konami pointed that in estella's bath scene.
Sir Pyan

Post by Sir Pyan »

Big Viki and Little Viki are the same person? I think this is possible. The difference in personality has nothing to do with it. Viki probably lost her way due to her teleportation ability since she was small. That was Little Viki. She travels for a long time, teleporting here and there, almost lost her mind, and we have Big Viki. :D She's been through a lot, all 4 Suikoden series are not the only place/time she has been teleported to. When Little Viki found out about herself in Suikoden 3, she probably thought "So, this is what I will become." No wonder she doesn't want to talk about it.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Sir Pyan wrote:Big Viki and Little Viki are the same person? I think this is possible. The difference in personality has nothing to do with it. Viki probably lost her way due to her teleportation ability since she was small. That was Little Viki. She travels for a long time, teleporting here and there, almost lost her mind, and we have Big Viki. :D She's been through a lot, all 4 Suikoden series are not the only place/time she has been teleported to. When Little Viki found out about herself in Suikoden 3, she probably thought "So, this is what I will become." No wonder she doesn't want to talk about it.
Not probable, remember that Young Viki and Elder Viki DO NOT have the same star and thus are not the same person unless Konami did it by accident.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

which vicki has the quick star and which 1 has the haste star? because if young vicki has the quick star and big vicki has the haste star isnt it possible that as young vicki grew up her star changed as well?
Sir Pyan

Post by Sir Pyan »

Why not? In Suikoden 2, remember how Tomo can become either Tensyo or Chikyu Star? The position of the stars can be flexible. The same goes for Viki. Two different stars don't mean that they are not the same person.

Konami made her just for laughing matter.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

However, that is a gameplay element, not a plot element. It's a known fact that a person can only be under one Star, so the Vikis cannot be the same person.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arenegeth

Post by Arenegeth »

Hmm, about young Vicky and old Vicky not being the same.

There is a possibility that Konami forgot the rule because they thought of time travel and multiple same characters would be good, and didn't take the matter seriously, I give this chance a surprising 30% of being true.

Now story wise things are more complicated, we don't really know how it would work do we?

I mean what if lets say in Suikoden V Shu is the strategist and by some of Vicky’s or her clans/whatever accident Shu from II (right after I mean not during) was brought to the future.

And decided to help with the war thus a star, what place would he fulfill,
A young sharper Shu with an older wiser one, what a team work.

Though the example above is very hypothetical I'm just trying to find something logical to two same people on the same war.

And what if it was proven beyond doubt that they were the same how would the stars be distributed, I mean they are the same people would they occupy the same star?

Or one of them would go to the nearest available one, because remember it was their fate to get transported in time and participate in the war.

That is something to think about.

But in another Vicky thread there was something said about little Vicky being mature and not like old Vicky, someone suggested growing up backwards which is probable, but that leads me to believe that if not the same then her mother or daughter or something.

Konami should have known better not to toy with time; from my experience with other storylines time creates plot holes since the real time travel rules haven't been determent.

I don't know about the rest of you but now I'm more confused than ever.
”I am ye who walks his own path and thus I walk alone”
~Arenegeth~
LillyXChris

Post by LillyXChris »

Let me TRY to give my point of view on this...

We can prove that Jeane from S1 and S2 are the same, but why isn't Jeane from S3 and S4 not the same?

Viki, as we already know, said something in S4 saying this was all too familiar (found from the bath).

Here's my theory:

Viki, since her wacky teleportation skills are like that, teleports all over the place, but Jeane ASKED her if she could follow. It could be probable that the Jeane in S4 and the Jeane in S1 are one and the same!

It's a 4-1-2-3 cycle IMO.
Just think about it. Someone might be writing a Kingdom Hearts 2/Pretty Cure x-over right now. That someone is me.

Now playing POTC At World's End
Nozomi Yumehara and Darkside Dream... Miko (Princess) Yumehara
Sisters (Yes Precure 5/Precure X-over)
Sir Pyan

Post by Sir Pyan »

The reason I think it's ok to assume that both Viki are the same person even though their stars are different is because in the current time and space of S3, it is impossible for two Viki to exist. Due to her teleportation magic, Viki actually broke this law, so it was assumed at the tablet of the stars that these two are different person, although they are the same. Viki managed to twist it all out because of her unique ability. The same person will only have the same star if he/she aging in normal way, unlike Viki who is capable of time/space teleportation, thus in S3 meet each other, and was considered as different person in S3, although both of them are actually the same. That's my opinion, thank you. :wink:
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Viki, since her wacky teleportation skills are like that, teleports all over the place, but Jeane ASKED her if she could follow. It could be probable that the Jeane in S4 and the Jeane in S1 are one and the same!
Can't, remember that Jeane works as a teahcer in Greenhil city BEFORE you even see Viki teleport DIRECTLY form the victory baquet from Toran so your theory is incorrect.
The reason I think it's ok to assume that both Viki are the same person even though their stars are different is because in the current time and space of S3, it is impossible for two Viki to exist. Due to her teleportation magic, Viki actually broke this law, so it was assumed at the tablet of the stars that these two are different person, although they are the same. Viki managed to twist it all out because of her unique ability. The same person will only have the same star if he/she aging in normal way, unlike Viki who is capable of time/space teleportation, thus in S3 meet each other, and was considered as different person in S3, although both of them are actually the same. That's my opinion, thank you.
I still don't think its possible that they are the same unless its a mistake.It just makes more sense that they are other people.
Arenegeth

Post by Arenegeth »

Wraith wrote:
I still don't think its possible that they are the same unless its a mistake.It just makes more sense that they are other people.
Why?

Vicky might have broke the rules is that simple, besides what if two old Vicky's teleported and by old I mean like 5 years difference.

Same appearance same stars same time, Vicky seems to break most rules doesn't she; she is in every Suikoden so far (along with Jeane but lets leave her for now).

That doesn't mean its right but is probable to be the same person.

The question I made earlier to my self more than anyone is what would happen if by some time accident a character meets his/her self from the past and both join as stars?

What would happen then?
”I am ye who walks his own path and thus I walk alone”
~Arenegeth~