Jeane/Viki theory

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Choooo

Post by Choooo »

Which would be great, but:
The facts related to Jeane a) It doesn't come from a True Rune, b) she's seemingly ageless, and c) she has a true form that humans can't see.

For theory 1: When her character design was revealed in Suikoden V, it specifically pointed out that she was wearing one of those neat little sash things that are usually reserved for Goddess and Angels and other unearthly beings. It wouldn't be the first time this series borrowed ideas from old asian myths.

For theory 2: Cuz, like, this series has NEVER EVER introduced new generic Runes.

For theory 3: All that "I was there but I wasn't there" mess.
deakka

Post by deakka »

Hello all, first time poster, semi short time reader. I've recently played thru most of the Suikoden series (sans 4), but i've come up with a theory for Viki as far as time frame and her appearances. I believe Viki actually appears in each game as far as numbered order (IE: showing up in 1, then 2, so on and so forth). So her teleportation took her back 150+ years for suikoden 4. The only possible exception to this is her appearance in part 5, the first few lines of dialouge that she has (trying to keep it spoiler free as possible). So it forshadows possibly the next suikoden game being past part III as far as the canon timeline goes, one in where the Queendom of Falena is no more (or a prominent other nation takes control of almost the entire world). In that case, her personal timeline would be 1 > 2 > 3 > 4 > future game > 5.

Also, a question, has the blinking rune been defined as being a child of a true rune? (such as dawn/twilight/star/darkness/condemnation). I have this strong suspicion that the blinking rune is an offshoot of the gate rune (traveling in time, simillar in a miniscule amount of ways to traveling thru dimensions), but it's just guess work till Konami decides to give us more of Viki's backstory.

As far as Jeane, i honestly don't expect her true story to be revealed untill the final game in the series. She's just too much of a unique character in the Suikoden universe to be completly understood till the very end. Although the theory that she was the goddess that caused the conflict between Bright Shield and Dark Sword is cute^^ (even if it goes against the given story that there was nothing but darkness, and only sword/shield were born of the tear from the darkness). The theory that she's truely an ugly immortal is more plausible, especially during a certain bath scene in 5 (not sure if that would be considered a spoiler so i'll stop right here).
Crowley_The_Great

Post by Crowley_The_Great »

O.K. so it is definitely confirmed that Jeane does not have a true rune, yet has a "true" form that we haven't seen. Is it possible that Jeane IS infact a true rune, and that's what Koroku saw in Suikoden III??
By the 100 runes within me....
Night

Post by Night »

deakka wrote:Hello all, first time poster, semi short time reader. I've recently played thru most of the Suikoden series (sans 4), but i've come up with a theory for Viki as far as time frame and her appearances. I believe Viki actually appears in each game as far as numbered order (IE: showing up in 1, then 2, so on and so forth). So her teleportation took her back 150+ years for suikoden 4. The only possible exception to this is her appearance in part 5, the first few lines of dialouge that she has (trying to keep it spoiler free as possible). So it forshadows possibly the next suikoden game being past part III as far as the canon timeline goes, one in where the Queendom of Falena is no more (or a prominent other nation takes control of almost the entire world). In that case, her personal timeline would be 1 > 2 > 3 > 4 > future game > 5.
However, Viki also claims to not know who Lorelai is, whereas if she had appeared in the other Suikodens Gaidens already then they would already be acquainted. So Suikoden V may very well be the first Suikoden that she teleported into, but she must have come from a point in the future. Perhaps?
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
deakka

Post by deakka »

Ah, good point^^.

Hmmm, but then again, in part 1, i'm almost positive that Viki has no recollection of Lorelai/Jeane/anyone (unless i'm mistaken, been years since i played Suikoden I). If anyone remembers how Viki appears in part 1 (if it's simillar to the other games where she just kinda teleports to the hero out of nowhere), please fill me in :)

No wonder Viki seems like an airhead, if i had to deal with all this time frame mumbo jumbo, i'd be acting pretty "blonde" too >.>
Ska_Kitti

Post by Ska_Kitti »

I was reading another suikoden forum when someone posted about this and thought to share it with others.
---
You know how certain runes change people differently? Blue Moon Rune makes humans in vampires, the Beast Rune changes people in beasts... what if Jeane is just a side effect of someone holding a Charm Rune? A random um... brunette girl could just find it somehow, take it, then be transformed into a voluptuous white/light pink haired woman. Any thoughts?
"Oh my! A giant woman."
"What did you just call me?"
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

the Beast Rune changes people in beasts
The Beast Rune dousn't make people into beast as far as we know. If you mean the Beast magic rune then that theory is off.
Ska_Kitti

Post by Ska_Kitti »

So sue me for misnaming a rune, but the others still apply, hence why it is a THEORY.
"Oh my! A giant woman."
"What did you just call me?"
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Ska_Kitti wrote:So sue me for misnaming a rune, but the others still apply, hence why it is a THEORY.
Not to make it seem like I'm jumping on you, but when there are two closely named Runes like that, it's best to use the appropriate name so as not to confuse other readers.

On top of that, even theories have to be plausible and that one is not due to lack of convincing justification. Yes, even theories and speculation have to make sense to a certain extent. I know that sounds crazy, but, what can I say.
I hope everything is going delicious.
lucreborn

Post by lucreborn »

Im not saying its a fact but in my mind i am 100 percent sure viki and jeane are the same people as in same people in all of the suikodens. Little viki can easily be explained only because viki is known to time travel so lil viki is from the past possibly.
Last edited by lucreborn on Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I've always been alone, ever since I was born." ~luc suikoden 3~
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Where's the justification?
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lucreborn

Post by lucreborn »

I had justification writen in there until a mod deleted it of course. But meh who cares if you played part 5 then you know what im talking about.
"I've always been alone, ever since I was born." ~luc suikoden 3~
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Suikoden 5 doesn't have any justification for your speculation.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tera_majin

Post by tera_majin »

my opinion is that jeane's charm rune makes her ageless, but the charm rune itself is not a true rune.. however, blinking rune enables viki to teleport through time.. that's why she remembered jeane from SIV.. but about viki didn't remember lorelai, it just the same case that you can't remember all people that you have met(human's brain is limited, you know)
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Agreed: it's never been clarified how someone gains agelessness.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.