Jeane/Viki theory

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
tera_majin

Post by tera_majin »

i am not too sure about it actually.. the fact is that all true runes give agelessness.. but we don't know whether all agelessness must be from true runes or not..

maybe charm rune is somekind of derivative or part of true rune? you know, it is like leknaat or zerase that i believe is ageless, but their runes themselves are not true runes..
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

The Gate Rune is the exception, not the rule.

Zerase cannot be mentioned at this time.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Asmodeus Dark

Post by Asmodeus Dark »

Agelessness, huh? Wonder what happened to Hero (S4) and his true rune of punishment then.... It might mean unless he died twixt' S4 and S1, He is still alive and will return in Suikoden 6!!! Neat! But on the topic at hand,
it would be weird if there was just a village of Vikis in a strange dimension only accessible by blinking rune. Like the way Nightcrawler does it... *bamf*
SOe

Post by SOe »

Since this is the thread for jeane and viki.. so i just want to know:
in SV ... No Spoilers Allowed!
Hero Ludor

Post by Hero Ludor »

After I have play to SV I have realized a lil more about my theory for Jeane and Viki.
I want to escuse myself for my very bad english but i will try to do my best for express what i mean.

First of all Viki is alway the same char cause she teleport from and other dimension on the area where there are need of her.
That's probably because she have a sort of strange power that rely her life to the recall of the true runes.
I mean , probably everytime there is a true rune in danger , that rune give a signal to the blinking rune of Viki and recall her in near the bearer of the true rune.
In fact everytime u recruit her she say that she was on a banquet and she always give u some refenrence of the past chapter of suikoden..
The strange fact is that she doesn't follow the "story line"...it seems that is the true mistery.

Now I'll told my theory on Jeane...
As we know she's a runemaster and we have some suspect of her relationship with the Sindar and the True Runes too..everybody say that she haven't a true rune so it's impossible that she could be always the same person...but i'm disagree..and i'll told u why.
As we know there is a True Rune that can change the aspect of his bearer , so this could also hide the rune if the transformation required it.
We know that this rune is supposed to be weared by the Chief of Sindar's clan...but we don't know if the Rune have a new bearer or not.
So my theory is that Jeane have some connection with this Rune , she could be the wearer and hide the rune like her aspect and she could be also the "Chief of Sindar" , or maybe only his heir.

So what do u think ?
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

Uhm, doesn't V heavily hint at Jeane's involvement with Ancient Armes rather than Sindar?
Hero Ludor

Post by Hero Ludor »

Feldoon wrote:Uhm, doesn't V heavily hint at Jeane's involvement with Ancient Armes rather than Sindar?
hmm not exactly...no one talk about Jeane's evolvment with the Ancient Armes and neither she say something about it...but those ruins u visit for recruit her could have something to do with the ancient armes at all..maybe she just know this place cause of her long journey or simply know that place cause when Sindar came to Falena for rebuilt after the Sun Rune enragment she have seen that place..
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

Hero Ludor wrote: hmm not exactly...no one talk about Jeane's evolvment with the Ancient Armes and neither she say something about it...but those ruins you visit for recruit her could have something to do with the ancient armes at all..maybe she just know this place cause of her long journey or simply know that place cause when Sindar came to Falena for rebuilt after the Sun Rune enragment she have seen that place..
The big hole dungeon is the capital of Ancient Armes. You walk through the city and fight the final boss in the ancient throne room.
SuikoRune

Post by SuikoRune »

A theory I have about Viki, is that her mentality, is completely natural, and not faked. The reason I have this theory is that, if Viki were in-fact an intelligent person (as we see intelligence), she could easily assist in a person's gain, let alone her own desires, because of her ability to "leap" as it were.

Think about it for a moment. If you had an intelligent person, who could, in some way (even if it's out of their control), time travel, they would have the ability to have an immense factor on the history of the world altogether. It's a better character design to have Viki be so air-headed, because of her ability to "leap" through time. She's "innocent," and therefore, is no threat to the flow of time, in a direct manner.

Example: In SuikoGaiden, she teleports Nash and a couple others, through events in the history of Suikoden. What if one of those people were....I don't know....Luca Blight, or anyone of varying evil intent. Imagine what would happen if Yuber captured Viki and blinked with her throughout time. He could wreak chaos (the very thing he loves) on the entire existence of Suikoden. If Viki had her own will or intentions on matters, she would use her ability to fluctuate things towards her goals.

It is because of the intentions of others, that I find Viki's mentality to be true to what we see from the character.

Another theory I have, involves the younger Viki. It has been said that (if I remember correctly) the Blinking Rune, is not a true rune. One thing all true runes have in common, is that they have serious side-effects on their hosts. Such as, immortality. We all know that Viki appears to be the same age (with the exception of 3 and SuikoGaiden, where we meet the younger Viki) throughout the Suikoden games. This is aside from the fact, that as far as the games have shown us, there has always been only 1 Blinking Rune, and only 1 owner of the Blinking Rune. The only other item in the entire history of the game related to the Blinking Rune, is the Blinking Mirror. Which you could say is a remanent, or artifact of the Blinking Rune. What if, for the sake of argument, the Blinking Rune is a true rune, and one of it's side effects is a highly decreased "intelligence." I can't back this idea up, but please stick with me on this for a moment.

Young Viki, as we see her, is quite the intelligent girl. When Nash and Co. ask if she is "Viki," her response is that "It is best that you do not know." A simple assumption leads me to believe that this younger Viki, has a decent grasp on the concept of "Time and Space." I believe that young Viki may have realised what was going on, and to prevent any kind of "tear in the fabric of space," did what she could to not confirm that she, and the older Viki, were one and the same person (This concept is well covered in Back to the Future :P ). Another possibility, is that, the events of teleporting with Nash and Co., and in turn, meeting young Viki, were what may have caused young Viki to seek the concept or possibility of time travel.

Now going back to what I said before, let's assume that the Blinking Rune, is a true rune, and that one of it's side-effects, is a greatly reduced "intelligence." Young (smart) Viki, meets her older self, Nash, and Co.. Later in her life, she comes across (in some manner) the Blinking Rune, and takes it, already knowing that she was supposed to obtain it. This could very well be the will of the Blinking Rune for all we know. Once she obtains and attaches it, she is turned into the ditz that we know of throughout the flow of time.

Again, this is just a theory I have. I don't have a way of backing it up. I am ignoring the star charts when I think of this concept, and that is just one of its varying flaws.
The Prophet

Post by The Prophet »

Good theory, but I give you a few things to ponder. Could it be possible that Viki, aside from being naive and ditzy, is simply genuine and virtuous and would not use her abilities for personal gains because she knew the ramifications of such actions?

Also, the only problem about the Young Viki theory is that she did not intend to teleport with Viki. It was an accident that she came upon travelling through time.

Another thing, it is impossible to consider a theory that the Blinking Rune is a True Rune, because we know for a fact that it is not.
Squall

well

Post by Squall »

plain and simple, didnt richmonds report on jeane said all guys involved with her somthing goes wrong? she's sorta cursed i think and that all of the jeanes are the same. Same with viki, nothing wrong with going from a serious kid to a relax though unusually airheaded person. viki went from a dinner in suikoden one to the war in suikodn 2. soo yeah somewhere along those lines. Because jeane never gets clear but ominous reports when u do the character investigation stuff.

etc, sorta loose stream of thought my bad
Miklotov

Post by Miklotov »

At least to me, I think Viki has more importance than she realizes..she goes back and forth into time just from sneezing? But everything is just speculation..

For Jeane..I really don't think that it's just a bunch of ancestors that look identical..it just..isn't possible XD Agelessness without a true rune isn't impossible..Kyril can't age correct? Who knows though? Guess we'll wait and see..
WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

Sir Pyan wrote:Big Viki and Little Viki are the same person? I think this is possible. The difference in personality has nothing to do with it. Viki probably lost her way due to her teleportation ability since she was small. That was Little Viki. She travels for a long time, teleporting here and there, almost lost her mind, and we have Big Viki. :D She's been through a lot, all 4 Suikoden series are not the only place/time she has been teleported to. When Little Viki found out about herself in Suikoden 3, she probably thought "So, this is what I will become." No wonder she doesn't want to talk about it.
I just had an interesting thought. We know Viki is from another dimension. Does anyone here remember the old show Mork and Mindy? How Mork's race of people aged backwards. I.E. their newborn form would be a full grown adult for a human, but then they grew backwards until they were like kids physically to us. Or if anyone's ever read the Incarnations of Immortality series by Piers Anthony, Chronos, the Incarnation of Time, lives in reverse time from the rest of reality, also aging backwards. Maybe this is the kind of thing happening with Viki, where "grown up" Viki is actually the younger of the two, while little Viki is the older. This would explain why she also seems to be the more knowledgable and wiser of the two.
"C'mon, Jeane! The ugly stick had its way with you! Admiiiiiiiiiit it!"
---------------------------------------------------------------
"What do you think,Your Highness? Does kidnapping your little sister sound like fun?"
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Somehow, Can Jeane be a vampire? Werwwolf? Or other beast?
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

So I was just checking through the list of stars trying to see who in III was in II that would honestly be affected by the improved levels of transfering over game data (only Futch, Viki, and maybe Gadget/Gadget Z would) and I noticed something interesting about Jeane and her star. Her star is the same as that possessed by Hsuan Tsan/Xuan Zan (depending on your romanization system) in the original story. This doesn't seem like much until you look at what his second name was in that story: "The Ugly Warrior" or "The Ugly Son-in-Law". Which might lend some credence to the theory that Jeane is actually some powerful hag of great powers who uses the charm rune to hide her hideousness and appear beautiful. Just a thought, wondering if the game creators were reading that in depth into the original story when they made Suikoden.
"C'mon, Jeane! The ugly stick had its way with you! Admiiiiiiiiiit it!"
---------------------------------------------------------------
"What do you think,Your Highness? Does kidnapping your little sister sound like fun?"