Wan Fu = Rikimaru?

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
DivineDragoonKain

Wan Fu = Rikimaru?

Post by DivineDragoonKain »

I searched for this topic and didn't find anything, so I suppose I can post it. =D

Support:

Anyway... I'm sure most of you have noticed the glaring similarities between Wan Fu and Rikimaru. They are both big eaters, both eat without paying, and both seem prone to collapsing before or after a meal. In addition, both are chasing killers that murdered someone dear to them. (and was it me, or did both of them owe 3000 potch?)

I know nothing of either man's age, but I will note that Wan Fu does appear to be a 15-year older Rikimaru. We never get to see Rikimaru's back because of that blue jacket he always wears, so no telling if Riki's got a tattiger on his back. =)

I read on Suikox that Rikimaru's name is fabricated(hear me out, I don't support the Richard Silverburg theory. XD). 'Riki' meaning strong, and Maru being a comman alias used on the end of a swordsman's name. The fact that they brought that up seems to validate their point, even if the Richard Silverburg thing is about as likely as Koroku being Yuber. If Rikimaru is indeed an alias, this explains the names being different.

I shouldn't even have to say this, but both men are participants in the Manly attack-type unites of SII and SIII.

Inconsistencies:

Rikimaru went back to Kaku after SII. Though, after 15 years it IS possible for one to learn how to spear-fight(if he didn't already) and high-tail it to Grassland.

Age? I don't know their ages... It could be possible for Wan Fu to be younger than he looks.

They don't occupy the same star, but I think that's happened before. I can't recall a specific example, though. Anyone know what I'm trying to think of?
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

They don't occupy the same star, but I think that's happened before. I can't recall a specific example, though. Anyone know what I'm trying to think of?
That pretty much specifies that they aren't the same guy.If someone doesn't have the same star in the later S than its not the same character.

However you can say it in an opposite way(people who have the same name and are on the same star could be somone else).
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

They were also born on different years, so they can't possibly be the same person.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
jonathan_priest

Hmm...

Post by jonathan_priest »

Besides, what's it matter? Fu Su Lu could out eat both of them.
"It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full...what matters is the glass."
Black Knight Yuber

Wan Fu = Rikimaru?

Post by Black Knight Yuber »

Maybe after the Fire Bringer war when Wan Fu left he claimed he was on a quest to avenge and old friend. So it could be that they were once friends Rikimaru was I believe 25 or 26 during Suikoden II. Wan Fu looked about in his 40's or so in Suikoden III and they possibly faught with one another in some other reigions.
Karayan_Fighter

Post by Karayan_Fighter »

Here is my Theory.

Leon Silverberg had a son. He also adopted his niece and nephew, Odessa and Maithu. I think that George, Leon's Son, was thought of as a younger brother to Odessa and Maithu.

Also, I believe speculation that George is under the Alias of Rikimaru. I believe that Leon banished him from the silverberg name and his hometown of Seika (where Maithu's school was in S1) when he found out that he wanted to be a fighter, not a tactian.

George had 2 kids.

Rikimaru would have been 19 to have albert, and 26 to have had caeser. During suikoden 2, he was 25.

I think his wife was killed in the toran republic. So he left his newborn and 6 year old son with his father Leon. Then his best friend Wan Fu went on a journey to revenge his wife and maybe other people of a village raid or something of that sort.

After the War, it says he heads north.

I believe he goes into Harmonia to find more information.

After Wan Fu leaves the FB, he goes back on a mission for revenge. With him being found in Chisa, I believe he was on his way to Caleria to meet up with Rikimaru in Harmonia. Maybe they got a hold of each other through a letter or something.

I dunno. Im just speculating :D
Humphrey

Post by Humphrey »

WOW you all have good theories ....very interesting
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

Karayan_Fighter wrote:George had 2 kids.

Rikimaru would have been 19 to have albert, and 26 to have had caeser. During suikoden 2, he was 25.

I think his wife was killed in the toran republic. So he left his newborn and 6 year old son with his father Leon. Then his best friend Wan Fu went on a journey to revenge his wife and maybe other people of a village raid or something of that sort.
Rikimaru was already on his hunt when you find him. And, he's 25 in the game--right? So, he can't leave a newborn that hasn't been born yet.

And, Albert, in III says to Caesar something about not having Leon's blood in him. (I don't know if he meant that literally or figuratively).
Playing Suikoden III......
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

It's a known fact that Caesar and Albert are both sons of George Silverberg, so it must be figuratively.
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

I thought it was figuratively. Leon and Albert would do anything and manipulate anyone--but Caesar can't--or maybe won't.

So, I'm still sticking with my age question:

How could Rikimaru leave a newborn that hadn't been born yet?
Playing Suikoden III......
AddZ

Re: Wan Fu = Rikimaru?

Post by AddZ »

About the name;

Both parts of Riki & Maru is japanese words.
Riki = Strenght
Maru = Boy,Circle,Money,Purity,Perfection & Zero.