Yuber's rival....

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

m pretty sure i read near the beggining of the thread that people say that yuber always runs away, when under heat, but i recall in S2, he left, because, hes contract ended, meaning he didnt have to fight in the war, so he left, and in S1, im pretty sure windy went missing after the fall of barbarossa, which i recall was the time that yuber and pesmerga had there duel, after that, since windy is gone, im sure yubers contract with her was up, so he left, i havent played suikoden 3 so im not comenting on that, anyway my point is, yuber is loyal, and im just clearing that up, cos i didnt like the coments made about him.
No one has actual prove of what his 'contract' sais. His contract starts when he is summoned and ends basicly when things get bad in his eye's. He DOES run away but its not because he's scared but more because theres no more point in being there. He dousn't need to endanger himself since that the war is already lost at that point.

The reason why Yuber left in 2 is because of the above. When he left in S3 it was ALSO because his contract was up but the fact that he was going to get killed if he didn't teleport was offcourse a more obvious reason.

In other words: Yuber is absolutely everything exept loyal. He will do his job but only to the point that it won't actually endanger himself. The moment people like Pesmerga get to close to him he will most likely run away.

However I do think that Yuber was slightly loyal to Windy. But this was because with her he could do all sorts of destructive things and it wasn't really a contract.

Anyway I got a question cause I can't remember ti anymore: Who summons Yuber for Windy? Did Windy summon him or did a Silverburg do it?
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

I guess he felt his opinion was worth more then 2 cents :) .

I would say Windy summoned him for S1 since she seemed to be the one in charge.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

ShardStar wrote:I guess he felt his opinion was worth more then 2 cents :) .

I would say Windy summoned him for S1 since she seemed to be the one in charge.
Well then my opinion is worth 1 million cents.

Anyone wanna buy?
bloggs24

Post by bloggs24 »

lol, i forgot how the expression goes, and so i guessed how much it is

and he may have not been loyal to the ppl he was fightin with, but he was loyal to his contract, he did stay up to the point where he no longer had to be there, i dont necesarily mean a contract as in a piece of paper stating when he could leave or not, but as in an agreement, im sure whoever summons him, gives him hes orders, that he cant break kinda like a contract, unless some thing was to happen, or have to serve for a certain amount of time. and im willing to bet my 10 cents, that he was loyal to to windy for so long because of an agreement/contract, not jsut because he could cause chaos and destruction if he stayed with her, of course that would be a bonus for him, but i dont think its the main reason.
and konamis or was it in the game, that only silverburges know how to summon yuber, and im sure windy aint a silverburge, so i say that there is another silverburge, around the time that the neclord windy and yuber trio started that summoned him for windy.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

bloggs24 wrote:lol, i forgot how the expression goes, and so i guessed how much it is

and he may have not been loyal to the ppl he was fightin with, but he was loyal to his contract, he did stay up to the point where he no longer had to be there, i dont necesarily mean a contract as in a piece of paper stating when he could leave or not, but as in an agreement, im sure whoever summons him, gives him hes orders, that he cant break kinda like a contract, unless some thing was to happen, or have to serve for a certain amount of time. and im willing to bet my 10 cents, that he was loyal to to windy for so long because of an agreement/contract, not jsut because he could cause chaos and destruction if he stayed with her, of course that would be a bonus for him, but i dont think its the main reason.
and konamis or was it in the game, that only silverburges know how to summon yuber, and im sure windy aint a silverburge, so i say that there is another silverburge, around the time that the neclord windy and yuber trio started that summoned him for windy.
Maybe Windy also knew the it. Or learned it from one. Or Yuber came on his own accord(Right expression?).
Liam

Post by Liam »

It wasn't Yubers war and He fought in it becouse He was summoned to do so. Once it became clear that war is lost He teleported himself becouse there wasn't any point for him to get killed, or confronted with Pesmerga.

Other Highland generals remained in battle just becouse they didn't have anywere to go.

Remember that Cuglan, Seed and Han Cunningham were killed just becouse of their pride.

Remember last words from Cuglan and Seed, it goes something like:

"This is our home, only one that We knew and it is only fair if We die with Highland"

P.S. I know they don't say it in this words, but it was something along those lines
Liam O'veigh, The best swordsman in all Evergreen, beater of Maldon and bodyguard of queen Rose
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Liam wrote:Remember that Cuglan, Seed and Han Cunningham were killed just becouse of their pride.
Patriotism and loyalty would be better words than pride.
Liam

Post by Liam »

I'am not sure about that becouse by that time War was as good as over, and All three could give up and live, but they just didn't wont to live in "some new republic".

Han Cunningham died just to close a circle and to die by a hand of his best friends grandson. He probably wonted to repay his debt to Genkaku who sacrificed his own life just becouse He didn't wont to duel Han.
Liam O'veigh, The best swordsman in all Evergreen, beater of Maldon and bodyguard of queen Rose
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

The Silverburgs are most likely not the only people who know how to summon Yuber. It seems like the Silverburgs have been around for ages, but I would find it hard that Yuber would give away his method of summoning solely to them. More than likely an ancestor of the Silverburgs researched the methods which were written down by someone long ago and that is how they found out about Yuber.

Also, Yuber doesn't fight for loyalty and Yuber also has no obligation. Yuber clearly states this. Yuber only agrees to lend Yuber's help for the sake of causing chaos and destruction. Yes, Yuber is technically a servant and seems ridiculously similar to another recent summoned creature, but Yuber does not seem to serve a singulary purpose like this other summoned creature we have recently discovered. Yuber seems to have mission and a goal. Yuber is not a tool and that is why Yuber can seemingly leave at Yuber's own will. Although Yuber is summoned, Yuber's loyalties seem to only lie within Yuber's self.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

just because you can summon something dosent mean you can control it

yuber does what he wants to do, although he will preety much obey as long as he gets what he wants
Liam

Post by Liam »

I think that I red somewhere that in the Suikoden 1 final battle Leon memorised techniqe that Windy used to summon Yuber.

Leon is the first of Silverberg to summon Yuber
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

We don't know that to be a fact, about Leon being the first Silverberg to summon Yuber. I've never seen Yuber do anything in direct opposition to his "hirer", so I wouldn't say he has total free-will either.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

Actually, he's only purpose to create chaos, death, destruction, etc...

Luc had a little confrontation with Yuber at the beginning of Luc's chapter for having doubts.

So if you summoned Yuber to start planting trees and picking up liter, he'll probably try to kill you.
Strategy is the key to victory!