Yuber's rival....

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Sung Sei

Yuber's rival....

Post by Sung Sei »

Where the hell was Pesmerga in suikoden 3, Yuber played a much more valuable role and we saw hide nor hair of Pesmerga. Is there any info on where he was during 3?
Siertes

Post by Siertes »

Well Yuber was much more "low-key" in the 3rd game. He didn't act as a general in a big army like in the first two games. He just traveled around with three other people.

Perhaps Pesmerga just didn't know where he was. No real leads to aid him.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

For all we know, Pesmerga may have been vacationing in Kanakan, getting a sun-tan while sipping a margarita under a parasol. We simply don't know enough to say much about what could have happened.

However, seeing that Yuber had an important role in the plot of Suikoden 3, having a nemesis such as Pesmerga would have detracted from the plot--or give too much screen time to Yuber. The main villain was Luc after all, so I can see the need to cut down on showcasing Yuber.

Also, Konami has never emphasized the "need" for Pesmerga in every sequel. He was in Suikoden 2 due to a last decision change in plot. Originally, Lucia was supposed to be the Teni star in Suikoden 2, but this was changed to Pesmerga.
JoeMo

Post by JoeMo »

i was thinking that what if yuber killed pesmerga?
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

We know Pesmerga holds a crucial purpose in the plot of the series--it's been said before the battle between Yuber and Pesmerga can only happen in the final Suikoden. So nope, Pesmerga can't have been killed by Yuber.
Pesmerga69

Post by Pesmerga69 »

wait wait wait... I've heard around everwhere that there was a duel between Yuber and Pes but when was that? i never seen anything like it.
-"why is life so hard?" "you keep landing on IRS.."
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

they had a duel at the conclusion of Suikoden 1's final battle and had a draw.. it was in a manga or something
Mymiridion

Post by Mymiridion »

It was in the book series, just so you know...
Zotmaster

Post by Zotmaster »

I figure the answer is much simpler than that.

It would seem to make sense that Pesmerga just simply can't find Yuber.

At least as far as the games go, it doesn't seem like Pesmerga is particularly good at chasing Yuber down. Both games, he's just standing around, and neither time does he appear to be in a good spot to look for Yuber. I mean, in S1 he was standing around in Neclord's throne room, and in S2, he ended up where the Star Dragon Sword was resting. While Yuber is prone to running away when his life is in danger, he is a rather inconspicuous character otherwise: you'll almost always find him on a battlefield, and who else is quite like him? The Suikoden series has had people that are famous for having a lousy sense of direction - Raura and Hortez VII come to mind - so it seems that Pesmerga might be another person who could use a compass, so to speak.

Let's also not forget that Pesmerga had fifteen years to lose track of Yuber after the Dunan Unification Wars. Given Yuber's abilities and Pesmerga's seemingly lousy sense of direction, it makes sense that Yuber would have given Pes the slip in the meantime.
Congratulations, but you're still wrong, Killey.
Mymiridion

Post by Mymiridion »

I dont really think that Pesmerga is that crazy about killing Yuber in the first place. I mean like Zotmaster said everytime you see Pesmerga he is standing around somewhere. I think his goal may be to kill Yuber, and that is why he lives so he can kill him, but i think also he isnt in a hurry for some reason. I mean like we all ask where is Pesmerga in Suikoden 3? Besides that konami might haveother reasons he might just still be off wandering....He doesnt seem human therefore he probably doesnt have the same aging as humans. Well thats my theory....
Zotmaster

Post by Zotmaster »

I didn't mean to imply that he wasn't after Yuber; I just meant to say that it seemed to me like he was somewhat bad at finding Yuber. There's a difference. There's no doubt in my mind that Pesmerga's motives for joining you are no different than Magus's motives for joining you in Chrono Trigger: he'll follow you just so he can further his own goal of destroying someone else. I just think that Pes needs a map or something since he's way off track.
Sung Sei

Post by Sung Sei »

Zotmaster, man you've made one of my favorite characters seem like an idiot :lol: , you're have to be pretty good to do that. But as one of you said earlier the battle between Yuber and Pes will be in the final suikoden, what do you guys think that'll be like. It'll most likely be an intense battle but i wonder who will win. And speaking of the final suikoden when do think that'll be? :?:
Zotmaster

Post by Zotmaster »

Pes is still one of my favorite characters, but that doesn't mean he's strikingly intelligent.

Obviously, the final battle would have a lot of buildup and probably a lot of dialogue. Yuber seems to like to run his mouth about how much he's going to enjoy killing you, and I'm sure Pesmerga would have some choice words as well.

As for the final Suikoden, Konami will keep cranking them out as long as people keep buying them. In short, it's probably a long ways off.
okita

Post by okita »

heh, I have my own stupid theory on why Pesmerga isn't in S3.

All right, so Yuber is with his own party doing his own thing. Pesmerga however is somewhere else.

I assume this because Yuber isn't wearing his black armor like he always does in the previous games. So Pesmerga is basically lost because what he's looking for is a guy who wears the exact same armor as he does, except has blond hair. So maybe Pesmerga is just in another part of the world from Yuber which is the reason why he's not in the Third game.

Heh, first post on these forums
Hello people
Silvermouse

Post by Silvermouse »

Or maybe Pesmerga set his long chase of Yuber aside for awhile to tend to a more pressing matter.