Yuber's rival....

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Wynter_Z

Post by Wynter_Z »

Arcadius wrote:i think u guys are forgetting what pesmerga said in neclord's castle in suikoden 1. when mcdohl talks to him he says that he went there to kill nec but someone already did. so he has reason to be there in suikoden 1 but .. in suikoden 2 -.-;; dunno why he was there.
It seems to me that Pesmerga, being the paragon of order that he is, is out to hunt down those who are chaotic. Neclord would fall into this category but Yuber would be at the top of his list since he is the embodiment of chaos. I would even go so far as to guess Yuber is a rune and so is Pesmerga...in fact I wouldn't be surprised if Pesmerga was working for Hikusaak, who's rune seems to have something to do with order...but then, this could be my extreme paranoia...

Think about the end of the previous games...one kingdom was absorbed by another, thus increasing order. III was the only game in which this didn't happen...no country was absorbed...
amelia108

Post by amelia108 »

some people take too much into account the story behind a character and what they would do or wouldn't do. but you forget to factor in that konami had to create 108+ characters and cliches were only bound to happen.

where do you put a mysterious person?

in a mysterious place.
Luc777

Post by Luc777 »

Is there a word or anything that is the direct opposite that opposes the Eight Fold Rune?might be Pes's rune...might have heard this theory before...i'm just passing by...
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

It's just a rumor, nothing more.

Although it is possible that Pesmerga posesses some True Rune / normal rune opposite to Yuber's Eightfold Rune, nothing of the sort has been stated by Konami.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bakerofish

Post by Bakerofish »

:) theres an old saying that goes the harder it is that you look for something the harder it is to find.

Suikoden 2...old Pessie was in a mountain, maybe tired from searching or ran into a dead end...Hero Riou comes in and relates a story that theyve been facing Yuber...

:p things or people DO tend to find you.

my point?

uhh...nevermind

anyway...im in the inclination that Yubie and Pessie are just Yin and Yang.... plus and minus...always tryign to chase each other but never really able to...and when they do destruction abounds...

ah well sort that out amongst yourselves
Chaos_Zero

Post by Chaos_Zero »

That was quite a good read. Though Zotsmaster posts as if he is RIGHT about his assumptions, and bases them as facts, more times than not. That doesn't make his arguements plausible at all. o_O;
The Miraculous Epidemic, Cruel Salvation, and Merciful Genocide.
Sasuke

Post by Sasuke »

Silvermouse wrote:Or maybe Pesmerga set his long chase of Yuber aside for awhile to tend to a more pressing matter.
Well at the end of Suikoden 1, the fight between Pes and Yuber was a draw, maybe in S3 Pesmerga just decided to take sometime to work out and plot how he was gonna win? :lol:
Vincent of Scarlet Moon

Post by Vincent of Scarlet Moon »

That could actually have some point in truth. It was probably why Pesmerga was looking in the Cave of the Wind in Suikoden II, for the Zodiac Sword, to give him some sort of edge.
Id

Post by Id »

He was looking in the cave of wind because he was following the trail of the Star Dragon Sword, which leads to Neclord, which led to Yuber last time..(I could be wrong).
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

Sasuke wrote:
Silvermouse wrote:Or maybe Pesmerga set his long chase of Yuber aside for awhile to tend to a more pressing matter.
Well at the end of Suikoden 1, the fight between Pes and Yuber was a draw, maybe in S3 Pesmerga just decided to take sometime to work out and plot how he was gonna win? :lol:
Unfortunately, I heard that Yuber was using the Crimson Blade/King/?? (Pesmerga's weapon) during Suikoden III. That could very well meant that Yuber won the duel in between II and III timeline. Nonetheless, they seems to be everything alike, so maybe they are just using the same type of sword.
He was looking in the cave of wind because he was following the trail of the Star Dragon Sword, which leads to Neclord, which led to Yuber last time..(I could be wrong).
That seems logical enough.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Agremsep wrote:Unfortunately, I heard that Yuber was using the Crimson Blade/King/?? (Pesmerga's weapon) during Suikoden III. That could very well meant that Yuber won the duel in between II and III timeline. Nonetheless, they seems to be everything alike, so maybe they are just using the same type of sword.
The Crimson King is just the name of Yuber's sword, which happens to be the same name as Pesmerga's sword. By looking at the artwork, it's easy enough to see that they are very different weapons. So the sword that Yuber used in S3 is not Pesmerga's sword.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Tenyu

Post by Tenyu »

This just an idea that popped into my head, not a lot supporting it, but here goes:
While Yuber is obviously hundreds of years old (Duh, true rune.), Is it fact that Pesmerga is also immortal? I was thinking that maybe they just met, had some disagreement (maybe over Yuber's exceding fondness of killing people.), and had that fight that ended up in a draw. (I heard that they had a fight before the suikoden series, that's the one I'm talking about.) Now, because it ended in a draw, Pesmerga could consider Yuber his rival and is just trying to defeat him for his own pride.

Just an idea, not a theory I personally believe. I like the whole Yin and yang going against eachother thing. ^_^
jonathan_priest

My two cents...

Post by jonathan_priest »

Well, technically, its never shown in the games that Pesmerga ever followed Yuber all those years ago when the Windy/Yuber/Neclord connection was at its peak, but it can be assumed that its the case.

Now, as for the extent of Pesmerga's intellect regarding his search for Yuber, I think its safe to say Pesmerga is fairly intelligent, however his big draw back is singlemindedness. Now, assuming he knew the chaotic trio were close and buddy/buddy...he would certainly seek out someone for information if he couldn't find his target. So, he picked Neclord, probably because of Neclord's connection to the Star Dragon Sword, maybe Pesmerga could sense something about the sword's power, which would indicate Neclord's vicinity. As for the argument that Neclord/Yuber/Windy haven't been close in 300 years, I disagree. Yuber served Scarlett Moon while Neclord goverened the Lorimar region. Thus, they still have a close proximity. After the war, Windy is missing, so Pesmerga seeks out Neclord again...after all, Neclord attacks Tinto while Yuber is a Highland General. Still, they weren't serving the same plans or mission as before, but they were both still within a country's length of each other. However, in Suiko III, Neclord is dead. If Yuber is hiding and bouncing all over the Grasslands, how would Pes find him if he doesn't stay in one place. Its quite probable that Pesmerga was in the Grasslands, but just couldn't pin down Yuber. Obviously Pesmerga is not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but he's not stupid either, just unable to deviate from his original line of thinking.

As for the two being representatives of Order and Chaos, I'd have to disagree. Obviously Yuber wants nothing more than to destroy, but in my mind, Pesmerga is more a gray character. He's never once said, "sure, I'll join your army because it'll save lives". No, IMO he's the guy who really doesn't care how many die so long as he gets to Yuber. Otherwise he would have taken a more proactive approach to stopping the war. A guy powerful enough to fight to a draw with a guy who can command a Bone Dragon could do a lot to save lives if he truly desired it. But he doesn't, his mission is to kill Yuber.

Now, it is possible that just as Yuber is summoned to battle, perhaps Pesmerga must be invited before he can approach Yuber. In SII, Pessy said he had heard that Yuber was fighting for the Highland army, and that joining Riou would bring him closer. Yet he never comes out and says, let me join, he has to be invited first. Then again, both Leon in SII and Albert in SIII made mention to "summoning" Yuber, its possible hes not even on this planet during times of peace.
"It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full...what matters is the glass."
bloggs24

Post by bloggs24 »

im pretty sure i read near the beggining of the thread that people say that yuber always runs away, when under heat, but i recall in S2, he left, because, hes contract ended, meaning he didnt have to fight in the war, so he left, and in S1, im pretty sure windy went missing after the fall of barbarossa, which i recall was the time that yuber and pesmerga had there duel, after that, since windy is gone, im sure yubers contract with her was up, so he left, i havent played suikoden 3 so im not comenting on that, anyway my point is, yuber is loyal, and im just clearing that up, cos i didnt like the coments made about him.

anyway what i wanted to say that i dissagree that pesmerga is single minded. and i have my own little theory.

remember in suikoden 1, where when you are in the cave of the past (or watever it was called) the star dragon sword, knokced you back into the past to witness the destruction of the village of the hidden rune (or watever it was called), maybe pesmerga thought he could get the star dragon sword to knock him back there aswell, so he will be put straight into a position to take yuber out. i cant remember if it was the star dragon sword, that teleported them into the past or not, but thats just an idea i had, if it could.

P.S Pesmerga must be strong, to get all the way up to the top of the tower, singlehanded through all the pretty strong monsters there, with teh intention of getting info out of neclord, i mean comon, im sure pesmerga knew neclord wouldnt just give up info, which could possibly ruin windys intentions. any thoughts?

P.S.S sry for bringing back a just about dead topic, but i know the rules are not to recreate similiar topics, and i wanted to put my 10 cents in
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

im sure the mods will be very happy and appreciative that you didnt make a new thread

and the expression is "2 cents" not 10 cents :P