Yuber's rival....

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Zotmaster wrote:
Neclord doesn't raze villages anymore.
(italics mine)

That's a big difference. Never once did I say he never razed a village, so kindly do not imply that I did.
Man, that's one hell of a semantic argument. You did say that Neclord didn't raze villages anymore after his teaming up with Windy and Yuber 300 years ago. Thus, your statement was indeed wrong because he certainly did raze villages during the 300 years. *rolls eyes*

As far as Neclord's Castle goes, the Suikoden Novel does indeed say it has existed for a while, but Neclord has not started living in it until about 3 months before Tir arrives at the Warrior's Village. That's because Neclord was assigned as a Magistrate of Lorimar during that period of time.

As for whether Yuber was late or early, I'll simply disagree with your insistence because I'm looking at things from the perspective of the entire game. I simply don't care what you think, I suppose :)

With that said, back to the quoting match.
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

Man, after reading all that I forgot what the topic was about :|
Whats your opinion on censorship? ... **** censorship!
[King Fliktor] [Axiose, my Dæmon]
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

It still about Pesmerga, which unfortunately related to other characters like Yuber, Neclord, and others if you want to compare them to him.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Blitzkrieg

Post by Blitzkrieg »

Pesmerga isn't human...and, it could be that Pesmerga is actually the evil one. Who knows? We can only find out in the future.
"We are forgotten in times of peace. It's only
when war looms that people remember we exist."
-The Great Leon Silverburg
Blue Sasarai

Post by Blue Sasarai »

*side note* i wonder if rean and pesmerga would hang out (of course if rean didnt die --_--)
"i hate you more than anything in this world.
but at the same time, you're the only one i empathize with."

-luc to sasarai
Arcadius

Post by Arcadius »

i think u guys are forgetting what pesmerga said in neclord's castle in suikoden 1. when mcdohl talks to him he says that he went there to kill nec but someone already did. so he has reason to be there in suikoden 1 but .. in suikoden 2 -.-;; dunno why he was there.
True Water Rune bearer.
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

He was after Neclord because he thought it would lead to Yuber in Suikoden I, he was never there to kill him.

In Suikoden II I can only assume he meant that if he tracked the Star Dragon Sword then he would have a lead to Yuber.
Blitzkrieg

Post by Blitzkrieg »

He probably knew that Neclord was alive, and the only way to kill him was to use that sword, but again, he was too late.
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

Yeah I forgot about that point. I suppose it seems odd that he was so late in catching on. The sword was long gone by then, as was Neclord. Maybe he's just getting slow in his old age.
Pesmerga03

Post by Pesmerga03 »

maybe pesmerga used the presence of neclord in the first 2 games to find out where yuber is.... more likely as a yuber locator because yuber and neclord are pals right?.... and since neclord was already dead in 3, pesmerga could have lost track of yuber..... just a thought though :P
Blitzkrieg

Post by Blitzkrieg »

But surely Pesmerga would have found out about Luc's plans...Leknaat could have contacted him or something. Pesmerga should know that when someone plans to cause chaos or destroy a True Rune, Yuber will be there. But hey, right now Pesmerga is a very minor character...But soon he'll probably be a big character...just like Luc. Luc was nothing in Suikoden 1 and 2, but he became the main villain of 3.
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

Well if he can't keep track of a demon with a disputed True Rune that makes no effort to hide himself when he causes chaos, then why would Leknaat waste her energy by contacting Pes?

Besides, it's not really in her nature to directly interfere with those matters. She didn't even tell Tir, Riou and Jowy to take their runes. She just said to follow their own path.
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

pesmerga just doesn't seem to commited to catching yuber you know?

p.s-wouldnt it be funny if he was just a spectator to the chaos yuber causes,you know maybe he likes watching people die too.
Eagles May Soar But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines.
star_dragon_sword

Post by star_dragon_sword »

Mymiridion wrote:It was in the book series, just so you know...

...There is a book-serie of suikoden 1????????

Where can i get it (buy, download whatever..)???????
I have never heard of a book serie of suikoden, other then of GS 3.
...... .....
Wynter_Z

Post by Wynter_Z »

Onimaru wrote:If I'm not mistaken it's Yuber, Neclord, and Windy who assaulted Teds village, correct? Then yes, Neclord is a known associate of Yubers, if for 300 something years Neclord and Yuber had been associates of Windys. There is a connection between the three, and that right there's a reason for Pesmerga to seek out Neclord. Whyelse would Pesmerga be chillin in those places? You think the Suikostaff just didnt know wherelse to put him? They just dropped him off in some randome location, both of wich just HAPPENED to be connected to Neclord? I think not!

So, it stands...the theory's plausible, more plausible than just saying that Pesmerga happened to get lost. If anything, everything in the suikoworld has a purpose and history, that's what attracted all us fans to the series.

Note: If Yubers so mindless as to try and destroy any true rune bearer, then why was he in the employ of Windy, who posessed half the gate rune? Why was he in the service of Jowy who not only ruled over the Sword rune, but also the Beast rune that resided in the Highland castle? I'm not saying that Pesmerga wanted to track down Neclord because he thought Yuber and he were old buddies. Just that Neclord might have information as to where Yuber would be, assumeing maybe that Yuber was still in the employ of Windy, if that was the case than he wanted to ask Nec where Wndy was.
You are correct. Yuber DOES side with people when he's interested in what they're doing.... He sided with Luc in III and with Wendy in I.