A new theory regarding the Crowley and Mazus timeline.

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
GrayMercury

Post by GrayMercury »

I applaud you time travel theory guy....lol.....deffinately thinking outside of the box....it's funny how i'd have never thought of that.......i honestly think you may be right............and all these EPIC battles like the ones between these two wizards and the one between Yuber and Pesmerga and any others i might have missed might all take place at the same time..lol....it would be interesting to me if the suiko world was distroyed before it was even created.....(as of Suikoden 1 of course)....anyhow....ignore me for the most part....i suppose i have weird plot twists and junk in my head that would just thrill me to death if i ever saw them....

The only problem with the time travel theory is that we already have a character that travels through time at a whim.
that character doesn't travel through time on a whim, they do it completly by accident.
"Master, Violence is Wrong." - - Dongo (SV)
The Prophet

Post by The Prophet »

that character doesn't travel through time on a whim, they do it completly by accident.
That is an argument based on semantics and it really isn't saying too much. The fact is that we already have a character who travels through time. No need to have two more in my opinion.

I truly feel that if Crowley and Mazus simply traveled through time that it would cheapen the magnitude of their skill as wizards.

Also, you would have to ask yourself a question in regards to the time travel theory. Why would they travel back in time? The more you think about it, the more you come to a road block about why it would be necessary to go back in time simply to have their duel. I like the theory, but there are some flaws in it.
GrayMercury

Post by GrayMercury »

it's very possible that they didn't travel back in time on purpose. and their duel could've been the result of frustrations about coming back..lol...oh well....i just feel it seems more plausible because, yes, we already have a character who travels through time, but we have yet to meet the character who's been reincarnated....and even most of the posts here really point out the fact that reincarnation might not really be plausible....but i guess we'll just see how it turns out...cause they will reveil it to us.
The Prophet

Post by The Prophet »

We have not seen anyone be reincarnated, but we have seen the fact that at least in the Suikoden World the spirit can live on, i.e. Sera and Luc at the end of Suikoden 3.

I just believe that wizards with the power of Crowley and Mazus will know of many ways to bring themselves back from their own death. Besides, this is a very common thing for true wizards in pretty much every tale dealing with magic. I just think that there magical prowess would be reinforced by the fact that they were powerful enough to overcome death. Travelling back in time to die, just seems, well..it seems anti-climatic to say the least.
GrayMercury

Post by GrayMercury »

well, if they are 'born' because of reincarnation that would be great because i can have more reinforcement on my theory for Leknaat and Windy and hopefully the last suikoden. But if i mention it in the thread about leknaat being a bad guy...i get smacked down...so...i dunno.
Rune of Illusion

Post by Rune of Illusion »

Can someone explain this theory a little bit more for me? It doesn't make sense to me. They had to been born first then grew up and started going back in time. They eventually meet, fight, and kill each other, but how do they get born again?

Edit:Never mind, I think I get it. :oops:
you can learn more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
GrayMercury

Re: A new theory regarding the Crowley and Mazus timeline.

Post by GrayMercury »

well, if they were born..met....traveled back in time...dueled...and then died before the date they were born...

technically there would be no rebirth.
does that help?
King Krimson

Re: A new theory regarding the Crowley and Mazus timeline.

Post by King Krimson »

A very intriguing theory indeed...

It seems plausible and it seems to be the only way they could have their duel before their own Births.. Somehow yet again i don't see reincarnation working with this, time travel however..
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/1542/banner2bq6.gif

Luc - "then your definition of freedom is the ability to walk around a giant cell with an invisible leash around your neck"