Tanya "Silverberg"

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

Chris_Lightfellow wrote:
Hero Kev wrote:Ultimately it still depends on the person's intellectual level n his talent to become a good strategist n apparently Apple doesnt have wat it takes....
Not necessarily. It also takes a good amount of creativity to plan a good strategy. I think the Apple is very intelligent, she's just not that creative when it comes to planning the strategy.
And, she even says that--in a way. She admits she's not up to the task, and that's where Shu comes in. Kind of like playing the piano--she had the intelligence to learn the notes, but Shu had the ability to find the instrument's "heart."
Playing Suikoden III......
aydas_arrow

Post by aydas_arrow »

i like to think of it in a different way, Shu + Apple = mathu. without the other, they wouldnt be the great staragists that they are today. as weve seen Shu has the tactical head, but Apple not only has the knowledge to debat with him, she also has the heart of her teacher, and this an help to lead shu to the right direction.

as for apple not being skilled, she has talent, but she was out smarted a couple of times, people frorget she is still very young in Suikoden 2 and has alot to learn, just think if Luca hadnt appeared from the forest the mercenary fort battle could of been won.

is like in Suikoden IV, you dont need elenor to win the ship battles you get into one of the other people takes her role until she is recruited. the only thing you really needed her for was the fort el eal battle.
break that tree and i'll break your legs!

No one harms the forest and gets away with it!!
Futagi

Post by Futagi »

I didn't think the problem with Apple wasn't that she was a bad strategist as much as the other side was simply better. As such, your side required a better strategist.
Hello Suikoden-type people:D
Joveeno

Post by Joveeno »

Well...I think Apple is a good strategist, but not a brilliant one. I kind of agree with what aydas_arrow said...Apple + Shu = Mathiu... well...just to refresh all of your memories, in S2, Shu himself said to Apple "I may have inherited Master Mathiu's brain, but you inherited his heart."

As for Shu, he is indeed a brilliant one. If I'm not mistaken he was expelled for using tactics he learned for his own advantage, right? That means, he was able to use such skills in such a young age...

As for Caesar, I didn't know that Apple is his mentor until recently...but I think Caesar is another brilliant one...If I'm not mistaken, in the events of S3 (I forgot which event it is), he instantly told the people what to do...

As for Tanya...I don't know about her much...well, one of the reason is that S4 doesn't have a good in-depth character stories...
Flik0122

Post by Flik0122 »

if you remember from Suikoden II (It may have been just after you recruit Shu) Shu says to Apple: " I may have enharited(sp?) Master Mathuis brain but you have his Heart.."

so no... she really isnt a failure, she just really puts her feelings into what she thinks of doing for a plan ( least amount of casualties as possible) which is why they fail alot im sure if she really put her mind to it she can do alot... think with her mind rather than her heart so to speak..
" Looks like your path to success just took a detour! " - Flik, Suikoden II
Iku

Post by Iku »

apple still had much to learn on suikoden 2 on 3 we hear her say to caeser to not let his heart get in the way of his discions i think this shows that shes progressed and can distingush between how much heart you need! ive always liked apple i think shes the sort of character you can relate to! :wink:
'Believed the evidence of your own eyes, did ya? In a place like this?' Granny Weatherwax
GrayMercury

Post by GrayMercury »

Does anyone know Tanya's last name?

could it possibly be Merces? lol....i dunno...just throwing in something new....
"Master, Violence is Wrong." - - Dongo (SV)
avenger

Re: Tanya "Silverberg"

Post by avenger »

tanya or agnes may very well be future strategists in my opinion.
and i think tanya is a silverburg. does anyone know if she is single or married? if she is married then she could very well be a silverburg.