Pesmerga

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Archangelknux2

Post by Archangelknux2 »

Zotmaster wrote:That's impossible. Konami's already announced that they have future plans for Pesmerga, and there's supposed to be a climactic fight between the two of them in the last Suikoden (this was mentioned on another thread).

So no, Pesmerga was not killed by Yuber...at least, not yet.
I agree, but I think that Konami has also told us the outcome of that duel already. I think that Konami has set up the theme of the final battle. I think that Luc's Vision of Dharma conquering over Chaos forshadows what will happen in the final game. If Pesmerga is the Dharma to Yuber's Chaos then I think that we know who is destined to win in their duel. Thats when the overall theme of the suikoden world will come into play, to change destiny. In other words to prevent Pesmerga's victory because it will lead to the destruction of the world. That is, because the balance of chaos and dharma will be broken and that blank world Luc predicted will occur. It will be the hero's of that game who will have to change the destiny of the world by preventing the victory of either Yuber OR pesmerga.
Your friend and mine Archangelknux2
faythcatcher

Post by faythcatcher »

In the Suikoden games, there are always opposites. Good & evil. Shield & Sword. Whatever.

Yuber and Pesmerga, because of some reason in the past, have become interlocked with each other. Pesmerga is not trying to kill Yuber, or he would've done so long ago. Instead, he is trying to "control" Yuber. By saying that, I mean that Pesmerga has given up trying to kill Yuber, because if he does, then he will also die/the world will die.

That is why Pesmerga does not get involved with Yubers dealings until they have gotten out of control. Like in S2, when Pesmerga shows up on the battle-field, Yuber hightails it out of there. Because, Yuber is so trapped in his own little "chaos theory" that he is unable to see the bond between him & Pesmerga (though, I'm pretty sure he has his ideas.) That is why Pesmerga was not in Suikoden3. Because Yuber's side was nuetral, Pesmerga was waiting to see what would happen. Maybe he even *wants* the world to be destroyed. Just to see what would happen. But cannot end the world by himself, because, durr, he's on the side of good. Dharma & the like. Eh? Eh? I need sleep.
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

faythcatcher wrote:In the Suikoden games, there are always opposites. Good & evil. Shield & Sword. Whatever.
Ehh, actually, the series teaches us that life isn't just black and white, but different shades of grey. There really is no good or bad.
faythcatcher wrote:Yuber and Pesmerga, because of some reason in the past, have become interlocked with each other. Pesmerga is not trying to kill Yuber, or he would've done so long ago. Instead, he is trying to "control" Yuber. By saying that, I mean that Pesmerga has given up trying to kill Yuber, because if he does, then he will also die/the world will die.
We have no idea to this yet. We know they are integral to the plot, and they will shine sooner or later. We don't know if their lives are connected like that either.
faythcatcher wrote:That is why Pesmerga does not get involved with Yubers dealings until they have gotten out of control. Like in S2, when Pesmerga shows up on the battle-field, Yuber hightails it out of there. Because, Yuber is so trapped in his own little "chaos theory" that he is unable to see the bond between him & Pesmerga (though, I'm pretty sure he has his ideas.) That is why Pesmerga was not in Suikoden3. Because Yuber's side was nuetral, Pesmerga was waiting to see what would happen. Maybe he even *wants* the world to be destroyed. Just to see what would happen. But cannot end the world by himself, because, durr, he's on the side of good. Dharma & the like. Eh? Eh? I need sleep.
He may have just lost him. Again, we won't know until new information is revealed about them. Your theories are as good as anyone else's since they are a complete mystery.
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
iiaznsk8erii

Post by iiaznsk8erii »

I dont know why Pesmerga is after Yuber but i bet he owes Pesmerga like 10 potch or something. haha

Pesmerga: I finally defeated you.
Yuber: ...
P: NOW HAND IT OVER!!!
(Pesmerga receives 10 potch)

Y: Its your turn to hide now.
P: Dont i get a head start?
Y: Fine. For the time being, ill fight against the good guys in every Suikoden. (dissapears)
P: (dissapears), you lose a star of destiny.
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

That's impossible. Konami's already announced that they have future plans for Pesmerga, and there's supposed to be a climactic fight between the two of them in the last Suikoden (this was mentioned on another thread).
That was actually mentioned when Murayama was in control, but as he has left, that statement holds no validity.
Whats your opinion on censorship? ... **** censorship!
[King Fliktor] [Axiose, my Dæmon]
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

As SARS mentioned a while back, I seriously doubt that they would change such an important aspect in the series just because the creator left. You don't see them changing the number of True Runes don't you?
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

No, but then the purpose of Yuber and Pesmerga may change. Whilst they may still hold a large role in the Suikoden series, they may never have this fabled battle that was originally told.
Whats your opinion on censorship? ... **** censorship!
[King Fliktor] [Axiose, my Dæmon]
Mymiridion

Post by Mymiridion »

faythcatcher wrote:In the Suikoden games, there are always opposites. Good & evil. Shield & Sword. Whatever.

Yuber and Pesmerga, because of some reason in the past, have become interlocked with each other. Pesmerga is not trying to kill Yuber, or he would've done so long ago. Instead, he is trying to "control" Yuber. By saying that, I mean that Pesmerga has given up trying to kill Yuber, because if he does, then he will also die/the world will die.

That is why Pesmerga does not get involved with Yubers dealings until they have gotten out of control. Like in S2, when Pesmerga shows up on the battle-field, Yuber hightails it out of there. Because, Yuber is so trapped in his own little "chaos theory" that he is unable to see the bond between him & Pesmerga (though, I'm pretty sure he has his ideas.) That is why Pesmerga was not in Suikoden3. Because Yuber's side was nuetral, Pesmerga was waiting to see what would happen. Maybe he even *wants* the world to be destroyed. Just to see what would happen. But cannot end the world by himself, because, durr, he's on the side of good. Dharma & the like. Eh? Eh? I need sleep.
Like Ced already said, we have seen in all the suikoden games that the purpose was that there is good and bad in each side.

Also the theory of Pesmerga controling Yuber could be true i guess but for now we dont know if Pesmerga can even compete with Yubers strength. So until we find out more about Pesmerga we wont know his reasons.
Blitzkrieg

Post by Blitzkrieg »

In the beginning, there was "darkness."
Then, the "darkness" shed a "tear."
From that "tear," the brothers Sword and Shield were born.
Shield claimed it could defend against any attack.
Sword claimed it could slice through anything.
The brothers began a legendary battle.
At the end, both Sword and Shield shattered.
Sword became the sky, Shield became the earth, and the sparks from the battle became the stars.
As for the jewels, they fell to the ground and became the True Runes--The runes that all other runes were born from.

What I get form that is...Yuber and Pesmerga are the two splits. Yuber is the sword, always causing chaos and death. His brother, Pesmerga is the Shield. He defends people form the sword, AKA Yuber. This could mean...Yuber and Pesmerga are the reincarnations of the shattered Sword and Shield. Born from the battle.
"We are forgotten in times of peace. It's only
when war looms that people remember we exist."
-The Great Leon Silverburg
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

What you got wrong there is that Shield is Chaos and Sword is Order in the Suikoden world--not the other way around.
Blitzkrieg

Post by Blitzkrieg »

Really? hmm...thats odd. I obviously didn't know that, where did you get that from?
"We are forgotten in times of peace. It's only
when war looms that people remember we exist."
-The Great Leon Silverburg
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

From the game Suikoden 3.
Maldonado

Post by Maldonado »

Well, I agree with you, Faust. If Yuber is "death" then there's no other explanation except that Pesmegy (my pet name for Pesmerga) is actually "chasing" him. As for his armor...I wouldn't actually say it's a reminder. But I have an idea, so listen up!
What if Yuber and Pesmegy are actually two opposite sides of one single entity. Perhaps there was once a knight/demon/ghost/warrior that was somehow split in two- his "good" half and his "evil" half. So in order to restore himself as well as to prevent the "evil" half Yuber from doing any more harm, his "good" half Pesmerga is constantly chasing after him. "Death" and "The one who chases after death". Blonde and black. Good and evil. Male? Female? Well, nobody knows anything about them anyway so I guess everything's possible...
Sir Maldon, the mighty knight of Greenland, bringer of fear and destruction, destroyer of wine barrels, pride of Imperial Heavily Armored Knights Special Elite Destroyer Unit, evil monsters' WORST nightmare!!!!!!!!
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

A great theory.....Back then.
egotist

Post by egotist »

Darkness shed a tear, and hence born the runes of Sword and Shield.

So... What's Darkness? The mother of Yuber and Pesmerga? There's no answer to whether the fight between them will end.

1 thing for sure. Pesmerga is elder to Yuber. Life comes 1st, before Death can take away anything.

Come to think of that, i can imagine what will happen if Luk really destroy all the elemental runes. It's like the vision he saw: Everything's void. But yet, life and death still exist. Since all things, living and non-living are composed of the elements, everything will just fade visually, even though they still exist, as an existence waiting to be born or die. Oh... I'm digressing. :?

If Pesmerga really wanna destroy this world or destroy Yuber, he could just kill himself. That will end the cycle. It's a wonder what will happen to the sword and shield runes after that. Or unless Konami plans to insert a Rune of End in the future? :shock: