Pesmerga

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Faust

Pesmerga

Post by Faust »

Now, I'm not a huge fan of Pesmerga. I like the guy, and he's mysterious, but there're other characters I like a hoot of a lot more. However, his name and the mystique behind him got me to thinking:

Has anything anywhere ever been mentioned of Pesmerga's past? I know there was all the speculation about a "sevenfold rune' and so forth, but has anything been released?

I had a little theory, as baseless as it may seem, based around Pesmerga's name. "Pesmerga" means "He who chases death" right? Possibly referring to his chasing of Yuber. Now, mayhap he took that as a title rather than a name, or changed his name to it after some traumatic event? If we see Yuber as "death" (pretty easy to do considering his love of carnage) then is it possible that Yuber has somehow done something that's affected Pesmerga in such a way that his life has been totally reduced to seeking revenge upon Yuber, i.e. giving himself the mission of "Pesmerga"?

BUT If the idea is that they'll end in a climatic duel and so forth, it suggests that Pesmerga isn't exactly just a normal mortal human - especially if he has a hand in the fate of the world. This is the bit where I have problems with my little thought. I can see why he'd mimic Yuber's costume - possibly as a reminder of his appointed task, but the other bits...no idea.

Any thoughts?
Solamen miseris socios habuisse doloris
Pesmerga69

Post by Pesmerga69 »

Thats a good idea but i think that Yuber did something to Pes (like u said) while Pesmerga and Yuber were in the same Dark Knight club or school. And Pes wanted revenge on Yuber so much that he turned all his actions on to killing him. maybe the reason for this is Yuber killed Pesmerg'a family, Girlfriend, or pet?
-"why is life so hard?" "you keep landing on IRS.."
SkyScorcher

Post by SkyScorcher »

I think that the relationship between Pesmerga and Yuber (and thus Pesmerga's existance) is more based off of Yuber's True Rune. Eightfold is most likely a reference to The Noble Eightfold Path (Buddha's eight quick steps towards your Enlightenment)... so my Theory goes a little something like this:

Pesmerga was created by the Eightfold Rune to allow for balance in the world based off of Yuber's Personality. Physically and Ability-wise, I think the two would most likely be completely Identical (other then the Hair). But Personality-wise, they would be complete opposites.
This explains why Pesmerga doesn't seem human (because he really isn't) and why he would be so intent on finding Yuber.
It's all because the Eightfold Rune is Kinky like that.
ARMEGEDDON!!!
Yubar

Post by Yubar »

my theory is that they both trained at the same place school dojo guild w/e

and yubar stole the eightfold rune in a attempt to best his rival pers,thus persmerg being the highest ranking warrior there with the best grade :D is told by the elders of this place to hunt down yubar and retrieve the rune so the worlds balance is restored and this eveil is destroyed

maybe the eightfold rune's cost is slowly devouring the life of the person and yubar has become a empty vessel thus the extreme hunger for chaos etc

well?
Chaos is all I want, The suffering the pure screams of pain is what i thirst and i aim to please this hunger
Pesmerga69

Post by Pesmerga69 »

good but it seems like pesmerga is so Crazy about killing Yuber that some Order from a master wouldn't make him like how he is. I still stand on my idea where Yuber killed his family/friends and Pes went crazy and wouldn't stop at nothign to kill him.
Stallion

Post by Stallion »

Pesmerga69 wrote:good but it seems like pesmerga is so Crazy about killing Yuber that some Order from a master wouldn't make him like how he is.
Yeh he's SO crazy about it, that he joins your army right near the end missing all chance to meet Yuber... not only that, he just kinda stands in caves and castles waiting. Surely if he was really that crazy about catching him he would come to your door to be recruited.

Either that or join Yuber's side then attack from there.
Faust

Post by Faust »

Yeh he's SO crazy about it, that he joins your army right near the end missing all chance to meet Yuber... not only that, he just kinda stands in caves and castles waiting. Surely if he was really that crazy about catching him he would come to your door to be recruited.

Either that or join Yuber's side then attack from there.
He only joins to get near Yuber, remember? Plus, it seems to be his life mission. He only stands around in caves and castles in GAME terms. In PLOT terms he arrives there as he associates Neclord with Yuber, remember? In plot terms he may have JUST arrived in Neclord's room when the party does, and be angered by having missed a link to Yuber.

Seems pretty single-minded about it.
Solamen miseris socios habuisse doloris
josquius

Post by josquius »

I thought it was a canon fact that they looked the same apart from the different coloured hair(?)
There have been loads of theorys on this, one I had for a while was that Yuber was chaos (which he proudly admits to) whilst Pesmerga is dharma. This would semi-fit with Pesmerga as he always does seem quite layed back just standing around and not talking much.

One thing to consider in the Pesmerga/Yuber story- where was Pesmerga during Suikoden 3? That was probally Yuber's biggest adventure to date, he was involved in a plot which could destroy the world yet Pesmerga was nowhere to be seen, Yuber's disguise surely didn't throw him off (and please don't start with the Jack being Pesmerga thing :roll: )
Signatures are for people with free time
Pesmerga69

Post by Pesmerga69 »

Yuber could of killed Pesmerga in the 15 or 10 or 5 year gap bettween Suikoden 2 and 3. :shock:
Chef Boyardee

Post by Chef Boyardee »

Pesmerga69 wrote:Yuber could of killed Pesmerga in the 15 or 10 or 5 year gap bettween Suikoden 2 and 3. :shock:
You know, that could be right.
Zotmaster

Post by Zotmaster »

That's impossible. Konami's already announced that they have future plans for Pesmerga, and there's supposed to be a climactic fight between the two of them in the last Suikoden (this was mentioned on another thread).

So no, Pesmerga was not killed by Yuber...at least, not yet.
Congratulations, but you're still wrong, Killey.
daoster

Post by daoster »

well, Murayama said that, and since Murayama is gone now, everything that he said (and was considered canon) is all up in the air right now.

But still, I don't think they'd get rid of Pesmerga without at least a mention or something.
I tell the DJ what to play, I tell the MC what to say!
Like good music? Check out my podcast: http://www.musicaloccupation.com
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

I doubt they'll toss the concept of Pesmerga and Yuber's role out the window just because Murayama left. They already established that Yuber has a critical role in terms of chaos--which only indicates that he would have a role throughout the series. That is, as long as the True Runes are at the core of Suikoden's plot.
Sesshomaru

Post by Sesshomaru »

Yuber has a good chance of staying, but Pesmerga's role isn't that big yet. They could quickly kill him off and make Yuber even bigger.. (I hope that doesn't happen)

Or make a game with only Pesmerga and no yuber like they did to yub in suikoden 3. Make Pesmerg the same role as Yuber was in suikoden 3. Just a little friend of the bad guy or good guy, give him a couple lines, and wait till a later game to bring them both in a game and tell their History of something.
To be a rock and not to roll -Led Zeppelin
Marth Owns Old school style.
STYX!!
There must of been a door there in the wall!
Asquian

Post by Asquian »

Sasarai825 wrote:If you take Pesmerga to Greenhill in S2 when meetin Yuber, does anything special happen?
No, but it should.
Sonya -cat

Great RPGs never die, they just get more expensive -Me