Jeane's Rune

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
TwinFang

Post by TwinFang »

Yes, there was the blue moon village, yes, there was the gate rune clan, there could have been the sexy lady clan too, jeanne could be from a DIFFERENT one, nothing says that there is or ISNT.

Vampires are created when the bearer of the Blue Moon Rune is weak minded and it takes control.
Night

Post by Night »

Vampires are created when the bearer of the Blue Moon Rune is weak minded and it takes control.
Well now, that's pretty much an out-and-out lie.

http://www.suikosource.com/chars/list/s.php
After a while, people who wandered into to the forest for similar reasons--to end their life--ended up in the merciful fangs of Sierra and the vampiric village of the Blue Moon was soon founded. The village prospered for centuries with the power of the Moon Rune radiating from a central altar, allowing vampires to live on without feasting on blood.
So, vampires are created when the bearer of the Blue Moon Rune chooses to turn someone into a vampire. When the BM Rune takes control, it causes the user to effectively become a killing machine. Turning people into vampires only comes about as a result of mastering the rune and learning the powers of compassion within it.

Taken from http://www.suikosource.com/history/truerunes/

So if Jeane isa vampire, she would have to have been created by either Sierra or Nec lord (or possibly whoever had the rune before Sierra, 800 years previously). But if Jeane WAS a vampire, then she would have to live by feasting on others, which I think someone would have noticed by now. So I think we can safely put to rest the idea that Jeane is a vampire.
Sir Pyan

Post by Sir Pyan »

Then, maybe she's half-vampire. :D Who knows...
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

I'm guessing that thats a joke cause Half-Vampires don't exist in suikoden.
TwinFang

Post by TwinFang »

How do you know, with the whole sire-ing of vampires, A true vampire is brought about by the rune so half could be bitten and blood drunk.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

There's three types of vampires: The Coven Mistress (Sierra), Runic/Rune
Vampires (current owner of the Blue Moon Rune; Neclord, Sierra), and regular vampires. The original vampires would've come from Sierra, but
after that the originals can make more regular vampires, as seen by Rean
Penenberg's Manor in Suikogaiden. So, indirectly, vampires originated with
Sierra, but that doesn't mean she knows of all of them. The vampires around Edge's village, and the one that Viktor fought in Banner Pass (Aegia) are probably not known to Sierra, unless she can super-naturally sense out other vampires. Vampires within in the Blue Moon Village did not have the natural bloodlust that comes with being a vampire, but other vampires can exist outside the protection of the Moon Rune, but they will have to hunt, just like the vampires in the mythological world. I haven't seen anything that could discard the theory of half vampires. Vampires were once human, so they should be able to make half-lings with humans. The only half-vampire I speculate would ever appear would be one of Neclord's kids.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arenegeth

Post by Arenegeth »

I have being avoiding this but enough.

There is no family of Jean’s, that is logical not to be the case what a developer said jokingly or seriously doesn’t matter since an individual was speaking for himself and not for Konami (in this case).

The reason why not is because Jeane is a sexy temptress she is character with a certain charisma, and she sells.

If I had a character like that in one of my IP's I wouldn't have spoiled her image by doing this family thing.

Why Jeane is ageless?

I don't think there is a plot reason yet.

By that I mean that Jeane is popular, fans want her and Viki in each game, Konami doesn't want to waste a True Rune with her since it limits plot from future Suikodens, so they just add her up using mystery.

Raura doesn't fit in all these because she knows Jeane, but by the other info you guys talked about it seems that Konami is heading the old witch or snake woman sort of way that uses some magic or some powerful ordinary rune to make her look young and beautiful and the ageless part comes natural when you belong to some other race (I use snake as an example).

But Konami might change their mind; it depends on the popularity of Jeane.

I think what Jeane did to Richmond and the dog is simple, she used the charm rune.

Some times you guys have to look out of the window (I speak in metaphor).

I think I posted here again but my post might have being deleted.
”I am ye who walks his own path and thus I walk alone”
~Arenegeth~
Sir Pyan

Post by Sir Pyan »

:D Yeah, I couldn't agree less. I can accept any reason, except the "Pokemon" theory. The thing is this kind of theory is like making fun of the game itself.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

O my post that siad' half-vampires don't exist' wasn't finished yet(but for some reason I posted it...Weird.).

I was saying half-vampires don't exist because how the hell would a half-vampire come into existance?Vampires probably cannot give birth to children and even if they would be able(Id on't see why they would want to have a child) I doubt it would be half but then just a full vampire.

But then again that is my theory but I don't think they'll ever try to explain.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Arenegeth wrote:There is no family of Jean’s, that is logical not to be the case what a developer said jokingly or seriously doesn’t matter since an individual was speaking for himself and not for Konami (in this case).
We don't know who she was speaking for, or whether her information came from Murayama, who would know the mystery behind Jeane.
Arenegeth

Post by Arenegeth »

Jowy Atreides wrote:
Arenegeth wrote:There is no family of Jean’s, that is logical not to be the case what a developer said jokingly or seriously doesn’t matter since an individual was speaking for himself and not for Konami (in this case).
We don't know who she was speaking for, or whether her information came from Murayama, who would know the mystery behind Jeane.
Was Kawano the one I don't remember?

Anyway officially as far as I know that thing hasn't being confirmed, it might have being a joke or a thought of the moment or as you said what Murayama had originally created or what the new team wants.

But as we talked about elsewhere, Murayama might not have thought farther than the game he was working on, it depends on the writer.

I'm just saying it doesn't make sense if you look at this thing outside of the boundaries of plot.

If Konami wants to they can do it this way, but wait a sec.

Bath scene with Vicky and Jeane Suikoden IV, the way Jeane cut off Vicky means that she was hiding something but that is relative, if not then is the same Jeane alright.

A lot of inconsistencies here, which I don’t like.
”I am ye who walks his own path and thus I walk alone”
~Arenegeth~
Sir Pyan

Post by Sir Pyan »

I think most people might already noticed this. Try putting Jeane's picture as one of the piece when playing Rita's mahjong-like minigame (forgot it name). When you win with her piece involved, it would read as "Secret".

I think we probably will never know anything about her, not now, not in the future.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Personally, I don't think that the Jeanes are the same person. This is mostly evident in the Jeane's from S1 and S4. The Jeane in S1 seems to be sedate and modest, not a temptress at all. The Jeane in S4, is definately a temptress. Also, the pictures also aren't the same. Yes, I know that they're at different angles, but there are differences between the Jeane in 1 and the one in 4. Jeane in S4 has a much thinner and longer face than the one in S1.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I don't think they had any idea what they were doing when they were making the personalities for the SoDs in the original Suikoden. Take Leknaat for example; she calls the Tenkai cute. Humphrey would be good too. With such a serious attitude I doubt he would be silent for so long and then just say "yo." It seems like they were trying too hard to be funny and didn't take the characters' past into cconsideration when it came to making their personalities. The original Suikoden's Jeane shouldn't be calculated in to the formula because of this.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.