Jeane's Rune

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

yea but that could just be different drawings and perceptions of jeanne from the artist

I mean you cant ask an artist to draw a character the exact same way a previous artist drew it

I think the current artist dont worry about the character jeanne they just worry about how they will re crete her so that it expresses there style of drawing

but in vickis case where she looks an intelligent and calm person in suikoden 1 and 4 but looks like an idiotic dits in suikoden 3 I wanna believe that all those pictures are connected but I dunno

hopefully konami will enlighten us to these mysteries in the future
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

About the "cute" remark, didn't Leknaat already apologise to McDohl for it immediately after she said it. I myself prefer to think of her as a complex character who could say things that one wouldn't expect from the stereotypical "lady who sees it all, blessing the heroes of light, saying only the most puzzling lines of riddles that give everyone headaches".

Similarly, I'd rather not toss Humphrey aside as another silent character with no ability to show emotions. We already have Pesmerga to fit that mould. I'd like to imagine he to constantly try to appear stern and serious as a warrior, with the infrequent "out of character" remark.

No comment for Jeane. She was no more than an ordinary runemistress in Antei, with the signature "tee hee" giggles of hers back then. Unlike the above two, she is not a story character hence not much can be said about her character in the original. To me, I imagine that they only began to attempt giving her some actual personality in II; what's with the addition of Raura's character and fulfilling the requirement of Richmond's detective function. A recurring character in the series without a strong reason would have served no point, after all. (Even if they didn't give her much reason now, eventualy they would have to)

Keep in mind however, someone who is well experienced with the original Japanese games might have a better insight on these examples, as I'm only using the mistranslated editions as basis of my analysis. Errors and omissions are expected.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Leknaat and Humphrey can be perceived as people who sometimes make
out-of-character remarks, but why did those remarks disappear in Suikoden II? Leknaat is as serious as a heart attack in II, III and IV, and yet not in the original. Can you imagine Suikoden Four's Leknaat saying the word "cute" in any fashion? The same goes for Humphrey too. Luc is a fine example as well. The "incident" in Harmonia involving him happened before Suikodens I and II, so why is he so childishly manipulative with such a cheery disposition in the first game and not in the second? Three years is a long time, but not that long. Well, Luc may not be such a good example. He was pretty childish when Viktor got angry at him and three years is still a good amount of time to reflect on his true origins.

Although, it is a matter of opinion. I personally don't think that recurring characters' Suikoden One personalities can be taken into consideration since I don't think they knew much about their past and how that should reflect on their personas.
Fayt

Jeanie Theories...

Post by Fayt »

Personaly I think you are all obsessed with Jeanie Diminstration :arrow: ( :wink: This is an example of Jeanie ) Random fool ------> :) :o :D :P :oops: )

:arrow: To the point though. There is a Vampire :shock: , Rune lich :twisted: , Family/ or Clone :!: , Animal, and Clan theory :!: . (Not sure what other theories have been made). Vampire.. I doubt it. Rune lich not likley. I think the Animal theories could be true. From somtime of distant plane or clan theory highly possible. The clone theory.. Jeanie could have clones.. (Theory) -----> The original Jeanie having a doppleganger thing from *Neclord* (It was Neclords secret clone thing.. mentioned when obtaining the Star Dragon sword Suikoden 2) * Some secret... Then creating a seperate Jeanie using the *Doppleganger thing* (Introducing muitiple endings to this here theory.. 1. Viki using her time and teleport travel ended up having a meeting in a bath tub like viki mention saying it seemed oddly familiar.. Anyways.. Viki and Jeanie then teamed up and Jeanie using her Clone thing Cloned Viki like in 3 Future and past Viki.. And Jeanie being teleported to the other areas.. *First theory has a 1 in a 1000 chance of being true.. 2. Jeanie has then cloned her self and in a sequal to Suikoden 4 she will start seeking world conquor Suikoden 5 Attack of the Jeanie Clones.. *Clone wars*
3. Jeanie becoming a temporay bride of Neclord.. Stealing his Dopplelanger secret clone thing and some where obtained a Charm rune of some sort.... ect.... 4...? I shall return with it.. First I shall study the connection of Jeanie and Raura. :!: *Note.. Wierd things about Jeanie.. Weird thing in Suikoden *Not mentioning it* Suikoden 2 Who is this Raura she is friends with.. (Could they be childhood friends?..) Suikoden 3 Koruko the doggy *I did not spell his name correctly* and Jeanie *You know my secret.. Dont anyone* Or somthing similar.. Suikoden 4 Jeanie and Viki in the bath tub scene.. If you find the wierd thing from Suikoden 1 and then think about them all.. I am sure somthing will come clear to you oddlings.. :wink: ... :!:
Fayt

Jeanie

Post by Fayt »

All you would *really* need is one of Badeaux's Listening crystals *Suikoden 2* . (Then give it to a Dog or wolf) Take the animal to Jeanie then use the listening crystal and see what the dogs says.. *Quite simple if you ask me*...
Fayt

Jeanie.

Post by Fayt »

Wer-vam-squabbit? To many possabilities.
Fayt

Jeanie

Post by Fayt »

I do not believe Jeanie has some great mystery. It will most likley be somthing simple. :wink:
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Please do not double, triple, or quadruple post. You can click on the "edit" button in your last post if you want to add more and no one has replied yet. Then type what you wish to add with a "EDIT:" before it. Thank you!
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Plus her name is Jeane, not Jeanie.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

She acts to much like a women. No?

But those cats seen in loading sceens are strange.
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
Nash L.

Post by Nash L. »

Jeane surely have a secret asides her constant appearance in every Suikoden, but I doubt it is something big or relative with True Runes. (Even with Konami's denial, I guess it's more believably to Viki have a True Rune than Jeane).
To me, she uses some kind of magic. A really powerful magic. ... Uh, maybe Jeane is a Sindar? (Yeah, it was a joke). :roll:

And the cats thing, well, cats are trademark for witches. :?

EDIT: (Actually, could Jeane be a Sindar? You know. She sures moves from a place to another quite perpetually. ... And maybe the Rune of Change gives to all Sindari eternity, as the Blue Moon Rune. ... Okay, it's a crappy theory. Flame me.)
Hash

Post by Hash »

I think they'll make her a Sindar after all. Perhaps like the Guide from the Ghost Ship, she has a form created out of magic. And with all her knowledge of runes and wandering around, well... It's possible.

Then again, so little is known about her that everything's possible.
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Ehum, people! People! What is a part of a true rune called? Really, The bright shield is a half of a true rune but still not one right? Like a fire rune is a part of true fire rune but much weaker. But what if this Jeane have like a part of a true rune piece like fire from true fire rune but much much much stronger!

Maybe a part from true lightning rune or something. But still not considered a true rune because its a "Piece" of it.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

That would still mean that her unnatural abilities stem from a True Rune due to the fact that lesser runes come from True Runes. Therefore, that notion wouldn't work as well. I'm thinking that we cannot stem her abilities to anything rune-based. It will have to be based on something else.
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Hmm. Her powers is magical so I still thinks its something with etiher runes or magical energy (Divine one?)