Jeane's Rune

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
rune28

just a little somethin...

Post by rune28 »

1. Lily + Jeane
---------------
Lily : "I'm not one to beat around the bush, so I'll get straight to
the point. Did you serve in the Dunan Army during the
Unification War?"
Jeane: "Me in the Dunan Army...
Hee hee!
Well... kind of, but kind odf not."

Lily : "Well, which is it?"
Jeane: "Yes, which one...
Well, let's say that yes, I did..."
Lily : "Do you know Tinto's historian. Marlowe Cody? He also serves in
the army. Recently, he came by the castle and apparently saw you"
Jeane: "Without offering so much as a greeting or a handshake..."

Lily : "You... You haven't changed much in the past 15 years...Perhaps..
you have the true rune on you..."
Jeane: "Hee hee..."
Lily : "Oh that body...somewhere..."
Jeane: "Hee hee..."
Lily : "The true rune..."
Jeane: "Hee hee! Would it help you find id if I stepped out of
the bath?"
Lily : "It's nowhere!"
Jeane: "Hee hee hee..."

k so, after reading a few forums, i've ruled out the fact that she's a timetraveller(viki is already one therefore not creative enuff), a vampire (otherwise she'd b hunted), a ghost (because someone said everyone in her family gots the same look), and the gaterune keeper ... well leknaat would have said something i think.. anyhow.. from what i've read about the dog thing... and this bath script in suikoden 3... my conclusion is that maybe she is perhaps yes a clone or relative of another TRUE jeane.. perhaps that's why she seems so different in every episode of suikoden. okay, but lets see... the only way the true jeane can clone / make more relatives that look that same and all seem to have the same occupation must mean that they are all branching from 1 single person with same genetics (clone or relative), so lets look at the dog thing (the one about the dog finding out what she is) and about the bath issue.. so she doesn't have anything on her hot naked body (other than maybe the charm rune)... except maybe the rune maybe be inside her. the dog can see upwards from near the ground. so maybe its somewhere pervertedly hidden which may never be revealed to the public but is just forever hinted. but i really think that there is an original jeane that has a true rune. which has powers to make other jeanes ? the viki conversation, and the lily conversation seems to indicate that jeane is either hiding her past or the other jeane's pasts.. or all this clone stuff might be just a big coverup to jeane being just plain old jeane with a rune hidden inside her body, and she changes personality due to the fact that she's been around for so long with so many different heroes, armies and generations and timelines. who wouldnt change in a hundred years.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Well... kind of, but kind odf not."
I think this is the most important line that Jeane says..

Could mean many things but it could make sense if you apply the familie thing.
Harmonian Bishop Sasarai

Post by Harmonian Bishop Sasarai »

Jeane also had a scene very close to the one in 3 which has Ameria and Maxine in it where they admire Jeane for being able to stand watch all the time and still remain beautiful, maybe she doesnt need sleep vampire maybe? Also for some minor suikoden 54 info on her check out my theory at http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB2/viewt ... 5819#65819
Agent Mulder

Post by Agent Mulder »

Hmm just a thought. But what if Jeane is a Sindar...but not just any sindar, the sindar leader. Yes that would mean she could posses the True Rune Of Change, which would explain why she is never in one country for to long and hasnt shown ageing, she doesnt show any indication that she posseses this rune because she knows that will put her in danger. Though this is just a thought.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Agent Mulder wrote:Hmm just a thought. But what if Jeane is a Sindar...but not just any sindar, the sindar leader. Yes that would mean she could posses the True Rune Of Change, which would explain why she is never in one country for to long and hasnt shown ageing, she doesnt show any indication that she posseses this rune because she knows that will put her in danger. Though this is just a thought.
for the millionth time, Jeane does not posses a true rune, konami has stated this long ago

sorry I know your new here but this is a touchy subject..we get tired of repeating ourselves

my apologies
Agent Mulder

Post by Agent Mulder »

Quite alright, no need to apologize as it is my fault for not doing some research first, This is my first time on the computer in a few years. Console gaming is taking over my time. :D

Ill be more careful in the future. Where is the konami information for suikoden by the way?
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

There is no specific Konami information section. But if you read through all 7 pages of this thread you would hear everything that is to be said on the matter so far.
Sun of a Studio

Post by Sun of a Studio »

Y'know with all these differing theories floating around that are all very complex, I bet it's probably something so simple like, she's a ghost, or she's just got great longevity, or something stupid like, she's just the offspring from her parents who really like the name Jeane so they keep passing down the name from generation to generation. No those are not my theories, I would just die laughing if Jeane's origins turn out to be simple as saulsbury tree.
"If you can laugh at yourself everytime you fall down, people will think you're drunk"-Conan
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

Jeane is an alien observing the Suiko world for future colonization.

Sounds silly yes.

But we don't know do we?

So my theory is just as good as anyone elses XD
Matt620

Post by Matt620 »

WIth Suiko V, we apparently know that Jeane is good enough to move True Runes, and knows both Zerase and Eresh. Perhaps Jeane is cast out from Nagarea?
-M
Preston McDohl

Post by Preston McDohl »

Maybe Jeane is The Embodiment of a True Rune Like The Star Dragon Sword because all the 27 True Runes havent been revealed have they?
If So Thats My Best bet
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

If Jeane was a True Rune what do you like she would be? That Charm Rune of her's seems to suggest something to due with beguilement or illusions. Heck, maybe she is supposed to be like Ishtar, some kinda Goddess or what-not. :?
We are free to severe the chains of Fate that bind us...Yet this, too, may be our Destiny.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

omg people...jeane is not associated with a true rune in any way...stop making me and everyone else repeat it....
Eyedol

Post by Eyedol »

Matt620 wrote:With Suiko V, we apparently know that Jeane is good enough to move True Runes (...)
We don't know that.

[spoiler]She does her job and attempts to set the Sun Rune up on Lymsleia, and fails. We never get to see or read whether she did her job as Rune Mistress on Alenia with the Twilight Rune.[/spoiler]

It could have been one of Godwin's scholars or simply another Rune Master.
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

Son_Michael, if I remember correctly, it has offically stated that she does not "have" a True Rune. There has never been an offical announcement on whether or not is is a True Rune or if she has involvement with one. Thus the speculation is still quite possible.. And besides this is all speculation anyway. No real solid evidence either way. After all, they once hinted at her being from a family of Jeane, and it seems as if that was a joke. That said maybe they changed their mind, or were playing with us to begin with. Sorry if that sounded rude, I tend to have that problem. Everything I say should be taken at face value. So I apologize if this comes off wrong. Just trying to be fair for everyone.
We are free to severe the chains of Fate that bind us...Yet this, too, may be our Destiny.