Jeane's Rune

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

True Sorcery does not stem from runic magic. I'm guessing that she is a being of True Sorcery of sorts. That's all I can come up with right now. Konami seems to put a restriction on her, so that the nature of her power is kept in a narrow scope.
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Can she be reborn like Mazus and Crowley? I wonder why no one speak of these guys. Arent they powerful to and very old? Maybe she to have been reborn.
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
Fayt

Post by Fayt »

Koroku - Jeanne/ Jeanne - Koroku (3)

Koroku walked up to Jeanne and Jeanne replied
(Somthing similar to this)
You know my secret.. Don't tell the humans.

Jeanne - Viki (4)

When taking Jeane and Viki (Only) To the Bath they will
have a conversation similar to this.
Viki: This seams oddly familiar...
Jeanne: Hmm?
Viki: I fell like this happened before Me and you here.
Jeanne: Huh??
Viki: Oh uh never mind...

Jeanne - Nash (3)

When obtaining Jeanne and Nash (Nash will say to jeanne somthing like this)
Jeanne How have you stayed so beautiful after all this time?

Jeanne- Laura (2)

Jeanne and Laura seem to know eachother.
( I beleave Konami mentioned them being Childhood friends)

:arrow: ( http://www.suikox.com and various others) :!: :!:
(What is Jeanne?)

No one knows who she is, or where she is from.
She seems ageless, but she doesn't have a True Rune either.
Her nature is one of the deepest kept secrets in
the Suikoden world--along with how she keeps her
"clothes" in place. She will be a combat character
in Suikoden 4 for the first time in the series.
She is seen in a "Pretty woman attack" unite along
with Kika and the Swordmistress.

Knowing that Suikoden 4 may take place 150 years
before Suikoden 1, the mystery of Jeane's longevity
only deepens. Knowing that she can not be a True Rune
bearer (Konami has officially denied that), and the fact
that she can not be a vampire (Sierra would have known (Dragon star sword to) ),
her nature is further thrust into mystery. Konami's
comment that, "Every member of Jeane's family looks
the same" seems to gain more credibility. (By the way.. I wonder What is the deal with Charm rune was?) (Suikoden 4)

:idea: :idea:
((((((---- Wonder what would happen if-----))))) (Probley nothing but it's worth trying)

You take these people to jeanne alone or with eachother

Koroku (Already done before)

Guillaume.

Nash.

Viki 1.

Viki 2.

Koroku, Guillaume.

Koroku, Nash.

Viki 1, Viki 2.

Koroku, Guillaume, Nash, Viki 1, Viki 2.

(Ect.)

:arrow: :!: ( This information was obtained from -( Suikox.com )- and through reading conversations in the forum.. :!:
SeekingKnight

Post by SeekingKnight »

Merry Meet all. Happy Yule.

I am going to make this post shorter then my first one. First my theory on what Jeane is. I think she is a Target Girl/Lady. My reason is because of her rune. She is able to charm most enemies and pretty much most males. Now the Target Girl/Lady has a group of baddies around her to protect her. And she uses a kiss type attack to harm or curse your characters.

Another thing I notice is that in four and tactics where Jeane is active in your party eg fighting the enemy Target Girl/Lady is no where to be seen. Maybe the Jeane in four is the originator of said species and is just travling on through. There for why there is no enemy is four or Tactics that looks like a Target Girl/Lady.

Something else just came to me. On the loading screens where Jeane is followed by cats. Well..what IF those cats are her kids/kittens/brood/what have you. My reason behind this is that the Target Girl/Lady enemies has tails and some what cat like looks. And if one were to ask how did Jeane get pregnant. Well she is hot and she is a temptress so it can happen.

On a side note. Why is it that a Target Girl/Lady helps Albert out in three. That just struck me as odd. But anywho that is my theory. Merry Part!

PS If I am wrong then that is cool. This is all just things I have thought of.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

just to correct fayt, jeanes freind is called Raura not Laura and suikoden 2 staes that these 2 are indeed friends who have known each other for some time
Servonut

Post by Servonut »

Well, the vampire theory has been discredited, the animal/otherworldly creature theory doesn't seem to be going anywhere, and everyone seems to be going back and forth on the family theory.

So I thought I'd add my pitiful theory. Seeing as how she's always in charge of an entire army's stockpile of standard runes, as well as always being in close proximity to various True Runes (so far, that would be: Soul Eater, Dragon, Bright Shield, Punishment, and all 5 Elementals), wouldn't that cause maybe a little risidual agelessness? Think of it kinda like radiation poisoning, in a good way! :D

For the record, as far as the other established theories go, I'm throwing my lot in with the Jeanne family one. Just seems more plausible to me. I mean, c'mon. Look at how well Konami established the Belmont Family.
Just repeat to yourself "it's just a show, I should really just relax".
"Tact is just not saying true stuff, I'll pass." - Cordelia Chase
Night

Post by Night »

Servonut wrote:For the record, as far as the other established theories go, I'm throwing my lot in with the Jeanne family one. Just seems more plausible to me. I mean, c'mon. Look at how well Konami established the Belmont Family.
It does seem more plausible, but then all of the clues in the games seem to take us away from that. Unless comments about her true form were just to throw us off.
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Not plausible at all since that would mean that her agelessness stems from a true rune which so happens to be false.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

If Konami has state that she has no true rune and everyone in her family looks the same, then it is obvious we are having a Nurse Joy situation.

What is there to speculate anymore?
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

I would like to say that Jeane is sent out by either a god or Hikusak to controll rebellions, to report to him about the situation and maybe even control important people with the rune, charming rune.

A clone maybe. if they can clone maybe they can give them eternal life.
Night

Post by Night »

Angelis_Taleria wrote:Not plausible at all since that would mean that her agelessness stems from a true rune which so happens to be false.
Not if you actually read my post, which was in agreement with the family idea, and thus has no connection with the true rune idea. (*edit* I essentially ignored the earlier part of the post, which I assumed to be an unconnected idea).

However, I'm just playing through Suikoden III for the first time, and chatted to Jeane in Koroku's chapter. That she says something along the lines of "Heh... I can't hide anything from you. But don't tell anyone, I don't want to scare the humans..." clearly points away from a True Rune, away from the family idea, away from the (extremely unlikely) vampire idea.

So it seems she isn't human, but chooses to take the form of a human. But no indications of what she actually is.
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

"Heh... I can't hide anything from you. But don't tell anyone, I don't want to scare the humans..."
Is the Family-Thingy official from Konami? Cause I can't really link the statement and this line she spoke to make up a theory.

Unless, she is a from a family/sisterhood of wood dryads or non-human female creatures that can shapeshift into human-form we see as Jeane. So, all the Jeanes we see are relatives of her that takes that form. This would explain the family-thingy and her sentence.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

That family thing was said in jest, but most people are interpreting it as a subtle hint towards Jeane's true identity/secret/what have you.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

The family thing is stupid...Why would a dog know that secret?!
Night

Post by Night »

Siel Avadon wrote:The family thing is stupid...Why would a dog know that secret?!
He wouldn't, but if there was both a family of Jeanes AND they weren't human (but could take human form) then he might just be picking up on that aspect. However, it is sounding more and more unlikely that there is a family of Jeanes.