Yuber & the Bright Shield Rune

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Jowy Atreides wrote:As odd as it sounds, the Suikoden Three manga states that "Shield" is Chaos and "Sword" is Order.
This does make some sort of twisted sense. What's Jowy trying to do by joining Highland? Crush the rebellion since it's costing so many lives. He's trying to restore order. A rebellion by its very nature (by overthrowing the government) is chaotic. So the Riou being the leader of the rebellion, having the bright shield rune, makes sense.

Maybe Yuber hates the chaos of the bright shield rune because it's chaos for a good cause whereas Yuber likes chaos for evil purposes.
Kahlai

Post by Kahlai »

Oppenheimer wrote:
Jowy Atreides wrote:As odd as it sounds, the Suikoden Three manga states that "Shield" is Chaos and "Sword" is Order.
This does make some sort of twisted sense. What's Jowy trying to do by joining Highland? Crush the rebellion since it's costing so many lives. He's trying to restore order. A rebellion by its very nature (by overthrowing the government) is chaotic. So the Riou being the leader of the rebellion, having the bright shield rune, makes sense.

Maybe Yuber hates the chaos of the bright shield rune because it's chaos for a good cause whereas Yuber likes chaos for evil purposes.
Ok, that makes far more sense than my explaination. I'm going with what you said.
Lilly

Post by Lilly »

I can't see how chaos could be a good thing.
I played Suikoden III before Suikoden II. I remember them saying that the shield represents chaos and the sword represents order. And in the book and the stories about it, it truly seems that the shield was evil.

So when I was playing Suikoden II I got really confused about why the main character gets the shield rune.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

There are various reasons why Chaos can be seen as 'good'. I use quotes because there is no actual good or evil in any feasible world, even ours. Good and Evil are all relative and there is now definite evil or good. Chaos allows for change and the opposite of constant stagnation. Change allows for growth and evolution, which are very good things.
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

You know, it could also be possible that Yuber hates the Bright Shield Rune simply because it exists. But, it really can't exist without the Black Sword Rune. And he hates the fact that chaos can't exist without order.
Mymiridion

Post by Mymiridion »

I'm not going to disagree with anyone. All i wanna say is it was said before that konami, in this suikoden series, has showed constantly that there is no totally evil, and totally good. Alot of people are saying that it wouldnt make sense why shield is chaos and sword is order. When they speak of "Sword" and "Shield" they are talking about the legend of these two things making the other runes, they dont specifically mean the bright shield rune and the black sword rune. I understand that they could be symbols of the legend, but it doesnt ever say Shield is a good rune, all runes have there own power, it wouldnt matter if Riou obtained the bright shield rune, thats not a fact that its a good rune. I'm sorry if you dont totally understand what I'm talking about, hopefully you do.
Chaos would suite me just fine ~Yuber
Polgs

Post by Polgs »

Maybe what it really meant was Sword is for Order and Shield is for Chaos

when u want to destroy Order u must use a sword and when everything else is Chaotic u use a shield to defend urself from Chaos

OT:my 1st post hehe but i always read in this forums =)

and BTW its hard to see my sense for my post XD
MrKnowItAll

Post by MrKnowItAll »

Well I think it is because he don't like anything that is more powerful then his rune and he is jealous.
Edit by Red Killey: Images are not allowed in the signature. Please read the rules.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

how could bright shield rune which isnt a true rune, be more powerful than yubers true rune?

the answer is, it cant

so therfore why would yuber be jealous of a half rune which is inferior to his true rune? I cant think of any particular reason
MrKnowItAll

Post by MrKnowItAll »

Well to atleast me the bright shield rune had more power to it when i used it than the rune yuber had. The rune yuber had wasnt all that good. sry yuber fans.
Edit by Red Killey: Images are not allowed in the signature. Please read the rules.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

yuber hasn't used his true rune yet

theres no possible way the bright shield rune which is a half rune can be more powerful than an all knowing sentient true rune, no matter what yuber fans or bright shield fans think cause its FACT that a true rune beats any other rune that isnt a true rune

and I dont remember yuber using a rune against the bright shield.. if your talking about the eight devil rune he used in suikoden 3, thats not his true rune
MrKnowItAll

Post by MrKnowItAll »

YES SIR!!
MASTER!!!
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

im just giving you the facts as any member of suiko source would do

better get used to people correcting you..its going to happen ALOT

but you should know that since your MrKnowITALL!*sarcasim*
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

MrKnowItAll wrote:YES SIR!!
MASTER!!!
Whoah, and here's me thinking you had to be at least 13 to join. If you can't debate son, don't enter into one.

Now this is something I just thought up a minute ago, so it's not a very sound theory, but more just food for thought; Yuber hates the Bright Shield rune because it represents chaos (if the Suikoden III manga is a good source to go by), yet is being wielded by somebody fighting for order.