Yuber & the Bright Shield Rune

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Contains slight spoilers for Rhapsodia/Suikoden Tactics...read on at your own risk. You have been warned!

I've been thinking about what you have stated Sharik and I think you might be onto something.

Ok, if we look at recent information and base that on the new information we have then we can make some educated assumptions about Yuber.

Based on Yohn, we can surmise that Yuber most certainly has some connection to the World of Endless Nights..especially since Yuber must be summoned in order to be active in this world based on the knowledge we have.

But, we have never seen a monster or creature bear a True Rune. So, I find it very unique that Yuber possesses one. Possibly the Eightfold Rune was responsible for transforming Yuber into the existence Yuber has today.

What if Yuber was once a normal mortal and happened to come across the Eightfold Rune and took on this new existence..or even better..what if Yuber and Pesmerga are both creatures form the World of Endless Nights..it would explain why Pesmerga can exist for so many years without a True Rune if he does not have one.

It would be very unfortunate if a being such as Yuber came into possession of a True Rune that gave Yuber knowledge over the very existence of the world. A powerful being such as Yuber with the ability to manipulate the future of the world would be a serious threat to the existence to the mortal world and the world where Pesmerga and Yuber came from..menaing that Yuber could disrupt the balance of both worlds causing chaos which Yuber seems very prone to do. Now we have Pesmerga's motive for destroying/capturing Yuber.

This is just something that came to me. Perhaps Rhapsodia and the information about Yohn and the rune cannons actually was how Konami planned to reveal the mysteries behind Pesmerga and Yuber and they did it without even realizing it.

We have plenty of evidence to support this, as well. Yuber states very clearly that the dead reveal their secrets to Yuber. Yohn anyone? She speaks with the dead. Yuber requires summoning to participate in this world..Yohn was summoned by Walter. It just seems like there are too many connections. Yuber has overstepped Yuber's bounds in this world and has gained the ability to manipulate destiny..hence, Pesmerga and Yuber's conflict will be settled at the last Suikoden.
Last edited by demon eye on Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Might wanna watch out about those Rhapsodia spoilers. Yohn's origins would definitely be a spoiler to people who haven't played the game. Besides, she wasn't summoned by Walter anyway. When Warlock brought the giant tree into his world Yohn was sucked in along with the tree.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Same thing actually...We know that Warlock summoned the Tree, so Yohn being dragged in with it means she was technically summoned with it, so technically it is one and the same...aside from the fact that it wasn't Walter's doing. And I was trying to watch the spoilers. I was pretty vague in anything regarding Yohn and really didn't bring her up much, but I see how that could ruin the game for people....but I didn't think that little tidbit was important..surely not as important as the fact that Warlock was the one to summon the Giant Tree.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

demon eye wrote:Same thing actually...We know that Warlock summoned the Tree, so Yohn being dragged in with it means she was technically summoned with it, so technically it is one and the same...aside from the fact that it wasn't Walter's doing.
Yeah, that's where I was correcting you; who summoned her, not how she was summoned.
demon eye also wrote:And I was trying to watch the spoilers. I was pretty vague in anything regarding Yohn and really didn't bring her up much, but I see how that could ruin the game for people....but I didn't think that little tidbit was important..surely not as important as the fact that Warlock was the one to summon the Giant Tree.
Warlock hints at his role in bringing abot rune cannons during the fourth game, and it's also confirmed for the player very early on in the game. On the other hand, Yohn's origins were meant to be a mystery from the get-go and it was more shocking for me to learn about where she came from then the fact that Warlock summoned the giant tree; that, and it's revealed during the last moments of the game, unlike Warlock summoning the giant tree which is revealed during one of the first times you visit Middleport, which is very early on.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Yes, I understand. I apologize for the spoiler. But, must know that creatures come from the World of Endless Nights and we can look at Yohn and see that she is in the category of creature..not really anything new. Plus, I had to use Yohn to tie things together..I guess I could have marked it, but I really didn't see it as very spoiler worthy sense I was quite vague about it all. I should have marked it, though Thus, I added a spoiler tag..thanks Jowy