Hugo's Father

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
executorofbalance

Post by executorofbalance »

i think Hugo's father is Leon Silverburg
"Even if I close my eyes, the world will not dissapear."
The Prophet

Post by The Prophet »

Possible, but very unlikely. I cannot see Leon Silverburg, then in his late 50's to mid-60's taken time out to even notice Lucia enough to even want to have a sexual relationship with her. Aside from that, if I recall correctly, Leon Silverburg never had a child even before Suikoden 2, so the idea just seems a little far-fetched for me, but it may be possible..just unlikely.
Leebot

Post by Leebot »

The Prophet wrote:Possible, but very unlikely. I cannot see Leon Silverburg, then in his late 50's to mid-60's taken time out to even notice Lucia enough to even want to have a sexual relationship with her. Aside from that, if I recall correctly, Leon Silverburg never had a child even before Suikoden 2, so the idea just seems a little far-fetched for me, but it may be possible..just unlikely.
Actually, it's revealed in Suikoden 3 that both Caesar and Albert are his grandsons, so he must have had children long before 2.
The Prophet

Post by The Prophet »

You are correct.
executorofbalance

well, in GS III, Lucia says she can vouch for Caesar...
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

That doesn't prove anything though. She knew Leon in S2, right? She knew what kind of person he was and she assumed that the same would be true with his grandson. Say your friend's kid showed up for something, and other people wanted to kick him out. You'd vouch for him simply because he's your friend's son, right? It's the exact same thing.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Intraman

Post by Intraman »

Hello, I'm new here..
but anyway, I have a kind of odd theory about who Hugo's father could be.
As it has been said, what has been hinted about Hugo's father is:
-Hugo got his hair color from his father.
-Strong and noble
-older then Lucia
-Was in Dunan at the time of the war.
-Has been introduced in a previous title.
right?
well There is only two characters that have two toned hair beside Hugo, and only one of those has Blonde and Black hair. That would be Sydonia.
Now I know this is a bit of a stretch, but he does fit every quility in some way, except for the "was in Dunan" but we don't know exactly where he was. Only that he went on a long journey after the Gate Rune Wars. Its quite plausable that he visited Dunan, Tinto, or the Grasslands some time along his quest.
Why wouldn't Lucia mention him? Perhaps he decided it was time to return to Toran. Or maybe Lucia thought it better that it wasn't common knowledge that Hugo's Father wasn't Kayaran (this could be a general explaination for Hugo's Father though.)

Either way, who ever Hugo's father is, it is irrelevant to the plot of Series as of now. Personally I think the most likely candidates are Georg, Geddeo, and Sydonia.
For Geddeo, an explaination could be that he and Lucia swore to secrecy for whatever reason. (I'm sure Geddeo knew that a new Flame Champion would be needed and whats a better way to ensure that one is advailable then fathering one? hehe)
TrueEightfold

Post by TrueEightfold »

jonathan_priest wrote:But there are all sorts of questions like that. Who was Shanon's father? It's assumed that Meg is Belle's mother but who's her father? All sorts of things like that with unresolved mysteries. It's probably one of those things that will never be answered, much like why Georg killed the Queen of Faleena and stuff like that. Too bad too, it'd be nice if Kidd actually gave some useful information like Richmond. Oh well.
Well we do know why Georg killed the Queen of Falena. Its explained during the events of the game...

As for Jimba? That could be a possibility. Most reason I could see this was the fact that he mentioned her so much before he died. I don't think it will every be announced in game. Possibly Konami will announce it officially if people complain enough, but I see little other reason, unless he becomes a returning star who states who he is.
"We did not choose to be the guardians at the gate, but there is no one else"
Yuber

Post by Yuber »

hugo's father doesn't actually have to have the same hair colour as him, as most of us know that your physical features doesn't mean the type of genes you inherit.
me > world
Rezard

Post by Rezard »

Kidd´s investigation says he got the portion of dark hair from his father. If his father had dark hair genes and didn't inherit them, them Kidd´s sentence should be: got dark hair from his grandfather, from his dad family, etc.
Yuber

Post by Yuber »

Rezard wrote:Kidd´s investigation says he got the portion of dark hair from his father. If his father had dark hair genes and didn't inherit them, them Kidd´s sentence should be: got dark hair from his grandfather, from his dad family, etc.
suppose, but then again suikoden isn't the best translated or clear game.
me > world
Deboraska

Re: Hugo's Father

Post by Deboraska »

Finally, i read this post, and i get to some ideas, because i am playing again suikoden II, after i play suikoden III; and curiously, you dont take really the point of view of lucia, lets see for a second.

Lucia,is the chief, of the Karayan, and you can see this clan, appreciate, strength over intelligence, and this is obvius,she and the lizard clan, go alone to figth the Harmonian people, because, that's the way they fight.

So, as you can see, Lucia is a pasionate, impulsive woman, so she goes to kill Riou, without Knowing, she just goes and does, doesnt think to much about consecuences, so, what is honorable, from the point of view of Lucia, i am not saying that George isnt the father or else, but, you see, George, will think before acting, will take the time, to make the strategy, he is not careless, he thinks before he acts, he is not an impulsive man, he really is very diferent to the way Lucia is, and Lucia being like this, you think she will appreciate a man, like that, and, i am not attacking George, i am showing the way of their personalities. So lets gather everything for a moment.

Karayan, are like that, they go to fight believing only in they heart, and lucia is like this too, second, knowing this, Lucia will admire not only the honorable side of the person, but its strength.

Now, who can have this...?
i Think Viktor, is really, Hugo's father, Why?
Is easy to say.
Viktor, is a little impulsive like Lucia, they are from the heart, they lucia and Viktor, will take revenge, ( like neclord, and riou)
Viktor, really likes strong women, and Lucia probably admires him, for so many reasons,
and Viktor, is a honorable man also, black hair, even the skin factor, is much like that.
Viktor is not totally white, he is even much more like the karayan, Viktor's grandmother was a grasslander, so you can say he has that too.

Now, one more thing,.

The fighting tecnique.

Hugo does not have the fightin tecnique of his mother, Lucia stand, doesnt move,
Shin does not move, and George didnt move either.
Hugo, is moving like ready for charging, and Viktor, is moving too, Like ready for attacking.

Viktor, takes Lucia to prison, and he probably go back to keep and eye on her.

But that's not all.
"Viktor, Lucia and Hugo" all names, are Latin names.i know, maybe this does not have apoint, but is relation between them, besides "Victor Hugo" was a very famous man in our history.

At the end of suikoden II, Viktor went in a journey, maybe grassland who knows :P

Anyway!, i think, for some reason, Viktor, must be, Hugo's Father.

Greetings :P
executorofbalance

Re:

The Prophet wrote:Possible, but very unlikely. I cannot see Leon Silverburg, then in his late 50's to mid-60's taken time out to even notice Lucia enough to even want to have a sexual relationship with her. Aside from that, if I recall correctly, Leon Silverburg never had a child even before Suikoden 2, so the idea just seems a little far-fetched for me, but it may be possible..just unlikely.

Yes, his son's name is George, i believe, and Caesar and Albert Silverberg are George's children. Plus, Hugo's father has to have dark brown or black hair, and Leon does. Lucia mentions him in Suik III, I just don't exactly remember what she said about him.
Shinsengumi

Re: Hugo's Father

Post by Shinsengumi »

My money goes for Luca Blight, he and Hugo have the same hair design. (Kinda ^^)
"In war, truth is the first casualty" ~ Aeschylus
Benthos

Re:

Post by Benthos »

Falenan_descent wrote:Suikox has a great thread up about how Lucretia is Hugo's dad. Its worth a shot! Check it out! :D
I've put a link of this thread here, but my thread was locked because of no further evidence.

Coming back to the topic, what about Han? Is there some clue that can link him to Hugo, since he had a suspicious relationship with Lucia?