Hugo's Father

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
kuroinekokun

Post by kuroinekokun »

Moonbay wrote:
Wraith wrote:now here's my theorie:Lucia was impreginated by the Flame Champion.
How you ask?
The True Fire Rune having the soul of the FC knew that Hugo, being the official FC, Would become its next Inheritor so the soul of the FC made Lucia pregenant of Hugo.
Well, the FC has black hair....
And that would make him a full grasslander by blood.
Dear God...Star Wars meets Suikoden.....
Ok, I couldn't help laughing at this one. Well, for my point, Hugo's father could be just a noble but dead-after-impregnating-Lucia Karayan warrior.

With the anything can happen theory, I can easily point out that Geddoe was Hugo's father because he had black hair, lived long enough and the manga pointed out at book 6 that Ace said that Geddoe sounded like he's (hugo's) father even though the manga is pretty much irrelevant.

I guess my point is that we need more evidence to who is Hugo's father and not just the black hair.
Sid: He he he...
Riou: ??
Sid: Hoo Hoo Hoo HAHAHAHA!
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

First of al that was a joke :p
Geddoe is a good guess.

Actaully who cares if you know or don't know who the father is!?Maybe she got raped?!
kuroinekokun

Post by kuroinekokun »

Though that idea is not even out of the realm of possibilities, I can't believe it if Lucia did get raped because she is a strong woman who can fend for herself. If she did, she wouldn't mention to Hugo about his father at all, wouldn't you think?
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Why wouldn't she mention the father to Hugo? I mean, of course she wouldn't mention the circumstances or who he may be, but as a young boy Hugo would be curious about why he has no father and she would have to tell him something.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Well what are the facts that we know of Hugo's father?
-Black hair
-Strong man probably
-probably older than her.
-Was in Dunan at the time of the war.

What else?
Willster328

i disagree

Post by Willster328 »

I've heard lots of theories of characters from SII... .But I was just reading the Suikoden III manga, Volume 6, i guess the guy above me saw this too.... And Geddoe is hoping for Hugo's success, talking a little bit more than usual, and then one of the other mercenaries comment "Wow, Boss-- You sound like you're his father!"

What factual evidence is there to prove Geddoe is not Hugo's father? Not much is known of his past, do we know for sure if he was in the Dunan Unification War??? If he knew Jimba, then I wouldn't be too surprised if he knew Lucia too.. And he does fit the black hair description. There's no doubt about that fact.

I don't know, i just thought this idea was really plausible and it made sense.

So lets just review what we know about his father, and let's see if it checks out with Geddoe:

Black Hair: Check
Strong Man: I'd consider Geddoe strong. Definitely.
Probably Older than Her: Well, he does have a True Rune.
Was in Dunan at the time of the war: We really have no clue of Geddoe's past, so I don't believe there's any factual evidence to go against Geddoe's being there.
syun_ukiya

Post by syun_ukiya »

what if the black on his hair was just hair dye ? xD
kuroinekokun

Post by kuroinekokun »

The black hair is the key because the tips of Hugo's hair is natural and came from his father.

And about Geddoe being Hugo's father was supposed to be a joke on my part.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Even so i don't think Geddoe could be his father it is still possible.Just not plausible...Lets just say Impossible :D
SkooBoi

Post by SkooBoi »

I truly beleive that Luca Blight is Hugo's father. They have the look in their eyes and it make sense with the whole Dunan War. Also he has black Hair and Luca was the one that hired Lucia in the first place.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Jowy hired Lucia. Luca was already dead by the time Lucia was hired. Lucia first appears to assassinate Riou a long while after Luca is killed.
Hugo

Post by Hugo »

Okay the suikoden 2 strategy guide says that shin is 27. I'm not sure how old Lucia was, I have the Genso Suikoden Konami Official guide and the Official Konami perfect series Character and Story guide, so I could probably check that and work back 15 years unless someone already has the information. Shin definately has black hair, he just wears a yellow turban. Shin is definately a strong man and is the only man to be alone with Lucia while the others escaped. I believe that he was attracted to the strong will of Lucia in contrast to that of the otherwise weak Lady Teresa.
WIND

Post by WIND »

This a topic I brought up on suikox.com, i'd like to hear the thoughts on this site, here's my thoughts

Well we all have been wondering who is Hugo's father since we were told that is someone we have already been introduced to. However we have all jumped to the conclusion that it's some great high stature character from Suikoden 2.

Yet we never think of minor characters, such as Badeaux. If we look at him, we could find that he could very well be a good canidate for Hugo's father.

From what we are told he was a kind man; what's more kinder than an animal loving guy? Yes he does prefer animals over humans, but we can also see that Lucia spends a lot of time with "animals" in the Grasslands. From the Duck Clan to the Lizard Clan. This would give her the good graces in Badeaux eyes, she interacts freely with such "animals" with the highest respect. Also as being a Karaya, she can easily be one with the land and animals ; something that would appeal to Baeaux.
>We are also told that Hugo's father wold have black hair.Badaux has black hair.

"He is no longer a member, nor is he in (a part of) the Karaya Clan"
( http://www.suikox.com/spec/hugodads.html ). Judging from his style of dress, http://suikosource.com/images/chars/b/badeaux01.gif (pic found on suikosource website) he could indeed be part of the Karaya Clan, but for some reason, of which i have no idea, left.

It ia said that Hugo was born right after the Dunan Unification War and that it's very possible that Lucia could have been impregnanted by any black haired character. Now on the specific time and place of which she could have meet Badeaux and "have relations" with him is not exactly known to me, but I can say this, it's very likely the two meet and perhaps knew each other and maybe had a Romance from before, but we can never know this to be fact.

We can never be too sure on who Hugo's father is, but this is just another idea on the long list.
you shouldn't have cut his hair >_<
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Maybe she got raped?!
Oh yeah... that makes sense >_> Lucia says that Hugo's father was a good man, and as we all know women think very highly of the men that rape them.
Hugo

Post by Hugo »

WIND brings up a good point about the patterns on Badeaux's clothes they look Karyan, he and shin both have black hair and their skin tone would make them a gook match to be be Hugo's father. But I'm still going to have to go with Shin because of the Lady Teresa connection.