Hugo's Father

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Jerebol

Hugo's Father

Post by Jerebol »

The strory says Lucia gives birth to Hugo from an unkown father. But I believe BEECHUM is Hugo's father. There's that example of that battle in GS2, when the Karaya Unit is defeated, Lucia says "Sorry Bechum" mabye foolish, but it may resemble some feelings and much more things that I wont get into....

Then there is the fisical resemblence, if you look at both there pics. Although I know that Karayans look very alike, but these two are very similar I believe....

Whoever has a better theory, please refute mine, because i would like to know![/b]
The Black Knight

Post by The Black Knight »

http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=2430

This was alreadt discused and it was locked. Check it out if you want.
What the Futch!!!!

Vagueness is my specialty.
Jerebol

Post by Jerebol »

damn, sorry, i guess i should look around more, but it wasnt on character theories so............ but thanks
Blue Thunder

Post by Blue Thunder »

And Beecham has a wife and kid if you look in his hut at Karaya.
~Blue Thunder~
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Just because he has a wife and a kid doesn't mean he can't be Hugo's father. ;-) But, it's highly doubtful. This sort of question will remain without an answer because it's not relevant.
The Flame Champion

Post by The Flame Champion »

It's difficult too tell, it could have been a multitude of people, so we shouldnt hurt our brains trying too figure it out :)
jonathan_priest

Heh...

Post by jonathan_priest »

Who I had always thought would be cool as Hugo's father was Shin. Let's face it, Lucia told Chris, if you ever want children of your own, you must show weakness some times. The only man we know of where she showed weakness was Shin during the last battle where Teresa turned her back. And after the war, Shin left when everyone thought he'd stay with Teresa and he never came back. It never said he didn't go to the Grasslands.
"It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full...what matters is the glass."
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

That actually doesn't sound like that bad of a theory... hmm...
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Yes, it is a very interesting theory, but doesn't Hugo's father supposed to have black hair? But if I recall correctly, I believe Shin's hair is blonde. You can see a portion of it under his turbin. So, wouldn't that disqualify him?
Red Killey
Elite Member

Re: Heh...

Post by Red Killey »

jonathan_priest wrote:Who I had always thought would be cool as Hugo's father was Shin. Let's face it, Lucia told Chris, if you ever want children of your own, you must show weakness some times. The only man we know of where she showed weakness was Shin during the last battle where Teresa turned her back. And after the war, Shin left when everyone thought he'd stay with Teresa and he never came back. It never said he didn't go to the Grasslands.
I think the problem with this theory is simply that Shin was shown to be in love with Teresa in the game. So there seem to be no reason whatsoever for him to end up with Lucia. And while Lucia did show her weakness to Shin, she also did to Riou. So again, not pointing specifically at Shin.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

Well, Red Killey, do not forget, if you're in love with someone, it is possible to fall in love with someone else...
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

The phrase "anything is possible" is the only reason why Shin and Lucia could've possibly had a child.

The most likely theory is that it's just some dead Karayan. Who knows, maybe Konami hinted at this possibility so strongly that they didn't feel the need to just come right out and say it, or they intended for it to be a mystery the whole time.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

I think it's just some random guy with black hair because I think we mightve known about it if it was a Star of Destiny from a previous game or Suikoden 3. Although I dont see why the Chief(tess?) of the tribe would father a kid with some random dude. He must've had SOME importance in the tribe or elsewhere.
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

True Wind Bearer wrote:Well, Red Killey, do not forget, if you're in love with someone, it is possible to fall in love with someone else...
And if we use this as a basis, then it's even possible that Pesmerga was really a narcissist in disguise. "Anything" is possible, but just because it's possible doesn't mean it's likely to happen. That's why when it comes to theory, we need to build a theory that is as likely to happen as possible rather than just using "it could happen because anything can happen" argument.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Anamanaguchi

Re: Heh...

Post by Anamanaguchi »

Red Killey wrote:
jonathan_priest wrote:Who I had always thought would be cool as Hugo's father was Shin. Let's face it, Lucia told Chris, if you ever want children of your own, you must show weakness some times. The only man we know of where she showed weakness was Shin during the last battle where Teresa turned her back. And after the war, Shin left when everyone thought he'd stay with Teresa and he never came back. It never said he didn't go to the Grasslands.
I think the problem with this theory is simply that Shin was shown to be in love with Teresa in the game. So there seem to be no reason whatsoever for him to end up with Lucia. And while Lucia did show her weakness to Shin, she also did to Riou. So again, not pointing specifically at Shin.
He (Shin) may have "shown" to be in love with Teresa in the game, but this isn't known for sure. Unless there is something that was included in the SuikoGaiden series that I wasn't aware of...