Hugo's Father

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Yuber

Post by Yuber »

o yea i remember glen havent watched family guy in ages, maybe after she failed to kill hero 2, he felt sorry for her and her weakness to beat him and his 2 pieces of wood so after she confided in her 1 thing led to another and 15 seconds later he "gave" her something to remember him by.
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Hugo wrote:That is hilarious. All I can say about that is, as with a possible extra curricular scene with Hero1 and Odessa, Konami couldn't have shown a scene like that between Hero2 and Lucia in the game even if they had wanted to.
Nope! Wouldn't work.

Well, Maybe if she tried to "marry" him and then kill him with posioned tea! but still, no love as with Kasumi/Tir or Rina/Riou or if it now was Rina.
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
Hugo

Post by Hugo »

It might work the other way about though. Lucia had planned to kill him, but then she speaks to Hero2. Then everyone else arrived as Lucia had left and assume that she was there to kill Hero2.

Luc did say that Hugo's eyes reminded him of the former Hero, if you want to take it to mean that.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Siel Avadon wrote:Well, Maybe if she tried to "marry" him and then kill him with posioned tea! but still, no love as with Kasumi/Tir or Rina/Riou or if it now was Rina.
It was Eilie/Riou.

EDIT: Read this; http://www.suikox.com/spec/hugodads.html
jonathan_priest

Post by jonathan_priest »

Chances are, we'll never really know who Hugo's father was and everything were doing now is mere speculation.

However, getting back to my original thought, I just played Suikoden II again and lo and behold, Shin had black eyebrows, meaning he has black hair. I personally think Shin would make the most likely candidate of the known characters we've seen thus far. The only person Lucia showed weakness to in the game was Shin and Teresa, and as Shin left and never returned at the end of Suiko II, its aparent they didn't stay together. Maybe he went to the grasslands. Hmm...
"It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full...what matters is the glass."
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

jonathan_priest wrote:Shin had black eyebrows, meaning he has black hair.
Eyebrows aren't always the same color as hair. My eyebrows are black, and yet my hair is a very light brown, for instance. I haven't dyed my hair/eyebrows, either. It is more than likely, but not necessarily, true.
heartreborn

Post by heartreborn »

what about luca bright? lol

He suits the " brave & fine warrior leading an army " image lucia talking about hugo being like his father just fine.

And he's also the great one of the highland army that once lucia was serving during suikoden II.

And after all he's black-haired and skilled at using fire and multiple attack (I'm sure everybody'd remember his unique fire multiple attack as well)
Even destiny makes room for a person who's strong-willed
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

heartreborn wrote:what about luca bright? lol
its luca blight and I seriously doubt it...

He suits the " brave & fine warrior leading an army " image lucia talking about hugo being like his father just fine.
I seriously doubt it
And he's also the great one of the highland army that once lucia was serving during suikoden II.
lucia served under jowy, not luca blight, I seriously doubt the great prince luca blight would make a peace agreement with a bunch of lowly grasslander savages

And after all he's black-haired and skilled at using fire and multiple attack (I'm sure everybody'd remember his unique fire multiple attack as well)
luca isnt skilled at fire magic, its been said by konami that luca uses an item to generate his fire magic, and hugo isnt naturally good with fire magic either, hugo is naturally skilled with wind magic and hes not the OFFICIAL flame champion, if thats why you thought hugo had fire magic
heartreborn

Post by heartreborn »

ah i c your points.

so it's not luca ^^''
Even destiny makes room for a person who's strong-willed
Black Knight Yuber

Post by Black Knight Yuber »

heartreborn wrote:He suits the " brave & fine warrior leading an army " image lucia talking about hugo being like his father just fine.
I'm sorta agreeing with this point, with the fact that Hugo doesn't back down easily. He's not afraid to take a stand against someone that could dismantle him in minutes. He does have the rage inside him (with exception to killing just about everyone, though he did have his reasons with Chris.)

One problem is that Luca Blight was not a kind man. Also, Luca having a whippersnapper of his own seems unlikely.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Black Knight Yuber wrote:
heartreborn wrote:He suits the " brave & fine warrior leading an army " image lucia talking about hugo being like his father just fine.
I'm sorta agreeing with this point, with the fact that Hugo doesn't back down easily. He's not afraid to take a stand against someone that could dismantle him in minutes. He does have the rage inside him (with exception to killing just about everyone, though he did have his reasons with Chris.)

One problem is that Luca Blight was not a kind man. Also, Luca having a whippersnapper of his own seems unlikely.
Not to mention that Luca Blight was dead before Lucia joined Highland's Army.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Duke

Post by Duke »

Angelis_Taleria wrote:
Black Knight Yuber wrote:

Not to mention that Luca Blight was dead before Lucia joined Highland's Army.
well there is always that chance that they have met before luca died but if you just use the simple facts it seems unlikely that luca blight would want a realationship with something other then chaos and world power
Pahn

Post by Pahn »

i know it seems like a long shot, but maybe han cunningham? I mean, he has the black hair, he is a strong man. Plus lucia probably would have become pregnant near the end of the war. Maybe Lucia was attracted to han's strength, or he charmed her...or maybe they just jumped all over each other when the palace was coming down thinking they were going to die.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

By the time the castle started shaking Han was already dead. Unless the Karayans are known for necrophilia, let's just say that if Han did impregnate Lucia, it was not after his own demise.
Pahn

Post by Pahn »

I wasn't sure if Han was killed or 'defeated'. I haven't played 2 in a little while. It is possible that he impegnated her beforehand then. Just a thought.