Hugo's Father

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Lucia got pregnant during the Dunan Unification Wars and she gave birth Hugo months after the war...

Now.. onto the Hugo's father topic...

Shin might be the father of Hugo... why?
Do you remember when Riou and the gang are escaping from Greenhill? Lucia was there and who came to rescue you and tells you to escape? It was Shin that saves the day... We don't know what happened after that...

The Dunan Unification Wars lasted for months not weeks. It might be possible that during Lucia's encounter with Shin in Greenhill Forest, lead into a romantic day for them... Didn't Shin arrived late in the War Room in Suikoden II?

Shin kinda looks like Hugo in some way. Shin's hair is black.

Beecham can't be Hugo's father...
Visit the best Suikoden resources online!
-http://suikoden-network.com-
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

We can't be 100% sure that Shin has black hair underneath his turban, but it is most probably black. And the evidence of Shin late to the War Room? ROFL!
Mark

Post by Mark »

I'm positive that Shin is the dad of Hugo heh
Visit the best Suikoden resources online!
-http://suikoden-network.com-
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

As for the color of Shin's hair, I think he has blond eyebrowns, but I could be wrong.
This is my argument. *points to above quite* Unless Shin dies his eyebrows then his hair should be blond, too. I'm just curious where the idea that Shin has black hair came from. It's kind of weird, but I guess it's plausible.
Lilly

Post by Lilly »

Did Lucia say she was pregnant with him during the war. I doubt that that is true because....

1. I doubt that Lucia (or any woman for that matter) would put her child at risk like that, too.

2. There is no way that Lucia would be able to fight the way she did even if it was in the early ages of pregnancy. Being pregnant makes you very tired.

I think she got pregnant with him after the war. Suikoden III takes place 15 years []bafter[/b] the war so it should be right.

Oh, and I think the Shin theory sounds posssible but she probably did marry a nobody.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Hugo was born in IS 461. The Dunan Unification War took place in IS 460. More than likely Lucia was pregnant during the Dunan Unification War.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

Lilly wrote:2. There is no way that Lucia would be able to fight the way she did even if it was in the early ages of pregnancy. Being pregnant makes you very tired.
Ummm....my sister was an EMT and was lifting patients all through her pregnancy. If your body is used to doing something--then yes, you can do it.

And she was pregnant during the War. Otherwise, Hugo probably would have been only 14 years old. So, there goes the Shin theory.

You know, the simplest explanation could be: She was married and her husband died.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

You know a simpler explanation? She wasn't married and Hugo's father died. I don't think being an unwed mother would necessarily have been frowned upon in Karaya society, but then I don't know much about them.
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

Wouldn't the Chief have to maintain some sort of decorum or something? Maybe she had a consort....?
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I think you're thinking along king and queen terms, when this is a tribal society. Often tribal societies didn't have possessions. The entire tribe shared. In these kinds of societies there was often no such thing as monogamy. It wouldn't be looked down upon having multiple mates or getting pregnant with one you're not married to, as there was no marriage. I don't know how much of this applies to the Karaya clan though.
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

There have been monogamous Indian Chiefs in the history--and there have been Chiefs with more than one wife. I hate to tell you something--but the Chief IS King or Queen in that society. And they have certain rules they have to follow--for the good of the tribe. That's the decorum I was referring to.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Ehm dous it really matter who Hugo's father is?
Anywho
What about Luc?
okay so he was 15 at that time....

What about Han?
Jowy?
Luca Blight!!!!!????
Just kidding

now here's my theorie:Lucia was impreginated by the Flame Champion.
How you ask?
The True Fire Rune having the soul of the FC knew that Hugo, being the official FC, Would become its next Inheritor so the soul of the FC made Lucia pregenant of Hugo.
Well, the FC has black hair....
And that would make him a full grasslander by blood.
kuroinekokun

Post by kuroinekokun »

Not possible because the Fire Bringer war was fifty years before the first one. And the FC was devoted to Sana. And he didn't live long either.
Sid: He he he...
Riou: ??
Sid: Hoo Hoo Hoo HAHAHAHA!
confused redhead

Post by confused redhead »

I've entertained the idea of Luc or Sasarai before being Hugo's dad. Wouldn't both of them have been 17 about that time? Have Kidd do a report on Hugo and he'll say something about him being self-conscious about being too short. That'd explain that! :P
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
-Ben Franklin
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

Wraith wrote:now here's my theorie:Lucia was impreginated by the Flame Champion.
How you ask?
The True Fire Rune having the soul of the FC knew that Hugo, being the official FC, Would become its next Inheritor so the soul of the FC made Lucia pregenant of Hugo.
Well, the FC has black hair....
And that would make him a full grasslander by blood.
Dear God...Star Wars meets Suikoden.....