Marley Family Theory

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Jowy Atreides

Marley Family Theory

Post by Jowy Atreides »

The Marleys are "Neclord Hunters," not Vampire Hunters, just so you know.

Also, Neclord was a runic vampire because the Blue Moon Rune makes its users into vampires. The Eightfold and Gate Runes have nothing to do with making their users into vampires.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

I was under the impression the Marleys were vampirer hunters, and took on Neclord because he was a vampire. His defeat of them caused unending hatred, and them to continue to fight against him. Still, I believe it says that Kahn stopped hunting vampires because Neclord was the last harmful one with the blue moon rune return to its proper place.
The Black Knight

Post by The Black Knight »

The marley family are vampire hunters but mostly search for Neclord.

From Suikosource.
Kahn Marley is the current head of the Marley family, an aristocratic family in Harmonia. He has been traveling for years in search of Neclord, who killed his father and grandfather. The Marley family has been a family of vampire hunters since lands that belonged to the Marley family was attacked by Neclord. He had fought Neclord with his father, but his father was killed in that battle and Kahn barely escaped. Since that day he swore to avenge the death of his father and to bring justice to the name of Marley.
What the Futch!!!!

Vagueness is my specialty.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

The only vampire that's known to be killed by the Marleys was Neclord. They specifically hunted Neclord and no other vampires. They became hunters when Neclord destroyed their land. Why would they hunt other vampires?

Also, Kahn becomes a mineralogist after he kills Neclord. Why doesn't he hunt down Sierra as well? Because he's only after Neclord. And Sierra was even a member of the same army as Kahn was. He could've easily hunted her down with the help of the Star Dragon Sword.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
JanusThePaladin

Because of Sierra, and her story about the Blue Moon Rune, he knew she would cause no trouble.

Why does anyone hunt vampires? Because they are evil, blood sucking demons. If Sierra is not evil, or blood sucking, why hunt her? With the blue moon rune returned, she can restart the villiage of the Blue Moon, bring vamps back under her control, and make the world a bit safer again. Thats what I understood from all the vampire hunting.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Nah, Kahn was not interested in killing all vampires. He specifically said that Neclord was his only target. But, the only reason he didn't bother with Sierra was because she was willing to assist him and had knowldege he needed to destroy Neclord. Simple as that.
Id

Post by Id »

Jowy Atreides wrote:The only vampire that's known to be killed by the Marleys was Neclord. They specifically hunted Neclord and no other vampires. They became hunters when Neclord destroyed their land. Why would they hunt other vampires?

Also, Kahn becomes a mineralogist after he kills Neclord. Why doesn't he hunt down Sierra as well? Because he's only after Neclord. And Sierra was
even a member of the same army as Kahn was. He could've easily hunted
her down with the help of the Star Dragon Sword.
He hunted Neclord because he was the most prominent vampire on the continent.
Why would they hunt other vampires? because: They are vampire hunters.
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

What is Jowy is trying to point out is that Kahn hunts vampires because solely of Neclord. His family is of aristocracy and their land was attacked by Neclord. In addition to that, Neclord murdered his grandfather and father. Thus, he has been researching ways to hunt down Neclord.

His life mission is Neclord. Whether Sierra is a vampire or not, he wouldn't care less as long as he kill Neclord. It is even said he became some minelogist after he killed Neclord. This further proves that he became a vampire hunter just to kill Neclord solely. That is all.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Id, you do realize that on another thread SARS agreed with me on this subject?

Kahn hunted Neclord because Neclord destroyed his land, his grandfather and his father. If Neclord had never bothered the Marleys they would've never hunted him down.

There is zero evidence that the Marleys have ever bothered hunting other vampires whatsoever.
Id

Post by Id »

Jowy Atreides wrote:Id, you do realize that on another thread SARS agreed with me on this subject?
What does it mean if an admin of a Rumours and Assumptions site agree's with you, does it mean that what your saying is correct?
Even if you are correct, I wouldn't be convinced soley by that fact,
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I didn't say it was fact, just saying that someone who knows what he's talking about also agrees with me.

Just answer this question so we can move on. Do you think the Marleys would've hunted Neclord if he hadn't destroyed their land?

If you say no then it shows that their motive was revenge. This motive wouldn't apply to other vampires, hence why they wouldn't hunt down the other vampires.

If you say yes then give a reason as to why a rich family with lots of land would randomly run around slaying vampires.

Because vampires suck blood and they're bad and stuff isn't a good reason, in my opinion.
Id

Post by Id »

Well, in your opinion it isn't, but Lets just imagine that a rich family with resources may have decided to hunt vampires because they are a threat to humanity.
Yes the Marley's hunt Neclord for revenge, but its not impossible that they would hunt vampires in general, because now they have all the techniques.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Let's just agree to disagree then.
JanusThePaladin

Thanx Id, atleast someone agrees with me.
Kranach

Post by Kranach »

Hey why did a thread about Yuber and Pesmerga end up with Neclord, Kahn, and Sierra. And Victor was not even mentioned? Hey he also wanted revege on Neclord right?