Marley Family Theory

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Id

Post by Id »

yeah he was a bit pathetic, even though he was a tough boss.
TheBoundlessDream

Post by TheBoundlessDream »

I actually had no problem beating him, expect for when you didnt have the Star Dragon Sword.
Id

Post by Id »

He gives you a run for your money at normal levels though
TheBoundlessDream

He was such a cheater >__>
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Please stop posting one sentece posts like that. We want you to have two-way discussion, but not conversation like that. We want your posts to have meaningful content, and not just one liners agreeing or disagreeing with someone.

And if possible, please try to keep this on topic. I don't want to have to split another thread for Neclord discussion.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Although that would be quite humourous, I agree. Let's keep on subject. Allow me to reiterate the new beliefs on the Marley Family.

The Marleys have hunted vampires for generations, since they were attacked by unknown vampires. Since then they have learned various hunting secrets. Eventually, in the course of hunting vampires, Kahn's grandfather happened apon Neclord and was killed. Kahn and his father set out on revenge, and Kahn's father was then destroyed, possibly by Neclord's underlings while Neclord was sealed in position. Kahn escaped, and began his quest of revenge.-Insert Suikoden II storyline- With Neclord defeated, and his need for revenge fulfilled, Kahn became a minerologist.

That sound about right?
TheBoundlessDream

But doesnt this pretain to Neclord too? I mean I know its about the Marley family, I apologize, I thought Neclord too, was apart of this topic..
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

JanusThePaladin wrote:Although that would be quite humourous, I agree. Let's keep on subject. Allow me to reiterate the new beliefs on the Marley Family.

The Marleys have hunted vampires for generations, since they were attacked by unknown vampires. Since then they have learned various hunting secrets. Eventually, in the course of hunting vampires, Kahn's grandfather happened apon Neclord and was killed. Kahn and his father set out on revenge, and Kahn's father was then destroyed, possibly by Neclord's underlings while Neclord was sealed in position. Kahn escaped, and began his quest of revenge.-Insert Suikoden II storyline- With Neclord defeated, and his need for revenge fulfilled, Kahn became a minerologist.

That sound about right?
The unknown vampires (as shown in the thread I linked to) was Neclord.
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

I thought that was refuted as being a mistranslation?
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Jowy Atreides wrote:The unknown vampires (as shown in the thread I linked to) was Neclord.
Actually, we have no idea yet whether SARSadmin was 100% sure that it was Neclord or not. The fact that both Suikosource and Suikox's character guide still mentioned it as "vampires" and not "Neclord" still stays as a valid argument. So please don't treat it as if it's a fact just yet, Jowy Atreides.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

I'm not quite sure either, because I wrote that thing years ago. I also don't have all the books with me (they are about 400 miles away), and thus can not verify anything. Once I get access to the books again, I will know.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

SARSadmin recently told me (via PM) that the vampire that attacked the Marley's land all those years was indeed Neclord. He looked it up in the encyclopedia, and that's what it said.

Although Kahn and the other Marleys may have hunted other vampires, their primary target has always been Neclord, and their primary motive has always been to kill him.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

especially when Kahn had his secret family technique just to seal Neclord's soul, and Neclord's soul only.
Strategy is the key to victory!
TheBoundlessDream

Which Encyclopedia was it? sorry if I seem kinda confused by that, I suppose Kahn was killing vampires along the way to get to Neclord.
"Rulers change, borders change, countries change, but money is a constant. In fact, nothing better for business than a good war." -Shu

"The light in my eyes may have faded, but the light in my soul continues to shine" -Morgan
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

The Genso Suikoden Encyclopedia.