Marley Family Theory

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
TheBoundlessDream

Post by TheBoundlessDream »

Do you have a link to the site? if so can I have it please?
"Rulers change, borders change, countries change, but money is a constant. In fact, nothing better for business than a good war." -Shu

"The light in my eyes may have faded, but the light in my soul continues to shine" -Morgan
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

The Genso Suikoden Encyclopedia is a book, not a website. However, the book is available for purchase from several websites, such as Anime Books.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

dammit why couldnt they publish that in english??!!!!
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

son_michael wrote:dammit why couldnt they publish that in english??!!!!
They rarely publish such things in English. Suikoden isn't a special case. This happens to most games and anime. An example would be the Tenchi Muyo Novels which have a crapload of interesting information pertaining to the series, but chances are it'll never get published in english. One reason could be lenght, another could be fear that it wont sell well among the english speaking folk. It is a risk, afterall because most people might not want to purchase such a thing. You know kids these days, they don't like to read. Ha.
I hope everything is going delicious.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

On the contrary... Tenchi Muyo is on Cartoon Network along with a whole lot of anime series and stuff. American teenagers and adults that watch cartoon network for anime will love any publications pertaining to anime in english.
Strategy is the key to victory!
Kirke

Post by Kirke »

Knowing the popularity of Tenchi Muyo makes the Suikoden Situation just seem more dire. Tenchi Muyo's large fan base due to the now national broadcast of the anime on Cartoon Network would suggest that the supplementary materials would be more likely to be translated. The fact that these materials aren't translated doesn't bode well for our more unpopular Suikoden series.

Hopefully, with the recent explosion of Suikoden-related news/game developments, the Konami marketing department will pick up steam and we'll get more of these extras (mangas/play arts/etc.) in the future.