Windy has two true runes

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
xXSqualleoNXx

Post by xXSqualleoNXx »

It's probably just an approximate. Anyway, As far as we know she learned how to have two True Runes attached to herself between the Gate Rune massacre and Her attack on the Village of the Hidden Rune.

And while yes, it is possible to equip different pieces of armor or weapons bearing True Runes it is highly unlikely you would be lucky enough to get True Runes choosing the armor as their bearer. They are very picky when it comes to this hence why True Rune bearers are pretty special. There is only one rune that isn't picky and it still forces bearers to a test.
Hmm...
darthkuzo

more than 2?

Post by darthkuzo »

Hi,

About Windy or leknaat, if one of them had both sides of the gate rune.. do you think they would combine, if it happens, maybe people could have at least 6 true runes on their bodies (3 real true runes combined, one on each hand and one on the forehead). PLUS true runes in their armors...
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

How do you combine it and get 6 True Runes? The front and back of the Gate Rune are halves of a True Rune. If combined, they are considered as one True Rune.
xXSqualleoNXx

Post by xXSqualleoNXx »

There are 27 True Runes. I'm guessing there are techniques to forcibly split a True Rune or perhaps they just used physical force but whatever the case it doesn't create two identical true Runes. They are halves of the same True Rune.
Hmm...
Kahlai

Post by Kahlai »

Well, based on the fact that Windy can only have two runes (I'm going to say this isn't a gameplay/konami thing. I'm going to pretend people from Toran find placing runes in your forehead "taboo" ), and she wants the Soul Eater, she must only have the rue rune of the front Gate. Why get rid of a true rune for the sake of another, if you already have the maximum?

As for split true runes, if you get the bad ending in Suikoden II, the two runes become the Rune of Beginning, they don't just occupy his left and right hands. So I think if Windy/Leknaat got the other part of the gate rune, it would re-combine.
jonathan_priest

Runes

Post by jonathan_priest »

As for the Rune of Beginning, that in and of itself is a True Rune. It's been argued that the Bright Shield and Dark Sword are not true runes, only portions that make up a greater rune. That being said, I still speculate that Jowy and Riou therefore possess the Rune of Beginning, but its shared between them. The rune activated after their duel and True Runes just don't turn on and off like that. They have to be put to rest or "break the seal" as mentioned in SIII, which happened after their duel.

Anyway, as for Windy, I think its safe to assume her method of possessing two true runes is something not even Hikusaak knows, after all, if he did then he wouldn't have to keep making clones. Then again, he may have two true runes, we just don't know. Regardless, I'd still love to see Windy reappear sometime. I thought it was total crap she didn't come back in SIV, but then, I thought the whole game was executed poorly.
"It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full...what matters is the glass."