Theory on the Rune, Cray and the tree *spoilers*

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Angelis_Taleria wrote:
Roronoa_Z wrote:
Vash_HS wrote:Actually if you aquire all the SOD, the ROP no longer causes any damage to the Hero in the fortress.
I think that will explain that, why the hero in S4 doesn't die. What i think is a true rune bearer when they gather 108 stars of destiny will make the rune stronger or loose it's curse. Likes Bright shield rune (which is stronger) and RoP (maybe). That's what i thought.
I think this only applies to certain situations as not all runes are cursed, such as elemental runes, and not every TRB has been a Tenkai Star or a SOD a that.

All True Runes are cursed in some way(some more subtiley than others) and they never lose their curse.However people can have control over their runes wich negates the curse a bit(not completely).Thats what I hated about the RoP, it should've still been able to drain your HP in battle but no more plot-wise(In other words the use of the RoP would still hurt but it would not kill him).

If for example the RoP would be beared by....Luc and he eventuyally got mastery over the rune it would probably go to its Forgivement phase automaticly.Hero4 wasn't a great magic user so he got the Forgivement phase by gathering all the SoD's and with the help of Leknaat(who seems to be able to control other people's runes in S4 like the SoulEater during Fog Ship Quest.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Leeknat had nothing to do with the Rune going into it's forgiveness phase, she was simply there to witness it doing so, unlike how she unlocked the level 4 spell to Riou's Bright Shield Rune.

And, since when does every rune have a curse? An actual curse, and I don't mean the agelessness thing.
I hope everything is going delicious.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Every True Rune curses its bearer in some way, shape, or form. Just look into what each bearer has to go through and you'll see that agelessness is not the only problem. There is a duality that effects the mental and physical nature of each person who is fortunate and unfortunate enough to be chosen to serve them.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Then in that respect, some runes are cursed a bit more so than others.
I hope everything is going delicious.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

That all depends on the character of the person chosen to bear a True Rune. Some have a stronger will than others. In essence, they all are more than the normal man or woman, but their are qualities about each bearer that sets them apart from the others and makes them better suited to handle the "curse" that each True Rune places on their respective bearers.

I don't think any of the True Runes try to put a stronger curse on their bearer, it's just more of a trial and a right of passage that each True Rune uses to test the capabilities of their bearer. Some are crushed under the weight of such trials, though. But, I don't think any of the trials are more severe than any of the others.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

demon eye wrote:That all depends on the character of the person chosen to bear a True Rune. Some have a stronger will than others. In essence, they all are more than the normal man or woman, but their are qualities about each bearer that sets them apart from the others and makes them better suited to handle the "curse" that each True Rune places on their respective bearers.

I don't think any of the True Runes try to put a stronger curse on their bearer, it's just more of a trial and a right of passage that each True Rune uses to test the capabilities of their bearer. Some are crushed under the weight of such trials, though. But, I don't think any of the trials are more severe than any of the others.
I suppose that when a bearer cracks because of the 'curse', mental stress or anything like that the rune would be able to control the bearer.This is just a theory though.Some TR might have the intention of doing so.However no such True Rune has been seen yet exept maybe for the BMR where it is said that when a new bearer has it the bearer go's on a rampage.Seeing that the BMR can get his strengh from killing people (like Neclord was trying to do) this might be the BMR taking over instead of the 'frenzy state' like we think it is.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Some people say that the reason Yuber is the way he is because the
Eightfold Rune has taken complete control over his body. Or, like the SDS,
Yuber is the Eightfold Rune.

Those are just theories though.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Some people say that the reason Yuber is the way he is because the
Eightfold Rune has taken complete control over his body
That makes sense.It could explain the whole bloodshed thingy.

BTW Jowy why is your Avatar gone?